Pete's going to Tokyo!!

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
This is great!

I understand he had some difficulty with making reservations and things are definitely done a bit differently, but I think he will have a great time there.

One thing to note is that something like 96% of tourists to Tokyo Disney are Japanese, so it's no surprise that there isn't an official VIP English tour offered.

Maybe we should use this thread to share tips and tricks for him? (for those of us who have been)

Let me think of some :)

First tip: In DisneySea, I highly recommend spending some time inside the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge...located in the S.S. Columbia. If it's not too busy, you can even ask to sit toward the back where there's some extremely comfortable leather chairs...order a cocktail and/or dessert. I wish the other parks had such a nice place to just relax.

First tip: In DisneySea, I highly recommend spending some time inside the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge...located in the S.S. Columbia. If it's not too busy, you can even ask to sit toward the back where there's some extremely comfortable leather chairs...order a cocktail and/or dessert. I wish the other parks had such a nice place to just relax.
I'll second this. Really nice location!

On the negative side - and apparently I'm in the very small minority on this - I found Disney Seas to be just a mis-mash of different things with the only commonality being near the sea. Rater disconcertingly to see "Venice" right next to "New York" with just a turn of the head. Look in the other direction and you are looking at "Mysterious Island". The transitions from one land to another are very abrupt.

On the negative side - and apparently I'm in the very small minority on this - I found Disney Seas to be just a mis-mash of different things with the only commonality being near the sea. Rater disconcertingly to see "Venice" right next to "New York" with just a turn of the head. Look in the other direction and you are looking at "Mysterious Island". The transitions from one land to another are very abrupt.

Well yes, the lands are different "ports" and the Sea in DisneySea can also represent S.E.A. (The Society of Explorers and Adventurers) which is featured prominently in the park and ties together the mythology of many Disney things such as the Adventurers Club, Jungle Cruise, Mystic Manor in HKDL, the DisneySea version of Tower of Terror, and many others.

Also, regarding restaurants, I highly recommend Magellan's for the atmosphere and amazing service. The food is very good but small portions, but the rest makes up for it, in my opinion.

The italian restaurant, Ristorante Di Canaletto offers amazing views of the Venice section of the park and the food is good, but not spectacular IMO.

I haven’t been there yet but I feel all Disney Parks or theme parks for that matter have issues with this. For example tomorrowland from fantasyland. Two distinct different themes. Or another would be Guardians tower from Carsland or other DCA areas. Obviously some aspects do it well though like Pandora.

Tokyo DisneySea’s theme is all about being along the seaside and being ports. It’s also regarded as the top thematic theme park in the world. Again I haven’t been there but photos of it look incredible.

Venice and New York are two completely different things. I’m wondering what they would do better with a transition. Just my take. I really do hope to get there someday.

If Pete is looking for some good content to watch for ideas for the Disney parks and Japan I recommend he watch Jessica Faye on YouTube, her Asia vlogs day 4 thru day 6 videos are specifically Tokyo Disneyland. She has a big following on Instagram.

I don't know if it's okay to say who she is, but I am pretty sure Pete will know right away!

Last edited:
If Pete is looking for some good content to watch for ideas for the Disney parks and Japan I recommend he watch Jessica Faye on YouTube, her Asia vlogs day 4 thru day 6 videos are specifically Tokyo Disneyland. She has a big following on Instagram.

I don't know if it's okay to say who she is, but I am pretty sure Pete will know right away!
Jess was on a dis unplugged show about 5 years ago. She did a trip report on the trip reports board about her whole DCP expierence. It was one of the most visited threads that year.

Lol yes, I know. I don't know how she feels about linking her username here to her social media accounts, so while I think it's a dead giveaway to many of us, I felt funny doing so without her permission. I am perhaps a bit overly cautious sometimes.

ETA: but her Disney vlogs on youtube are getting better and better and I do recommend them, specifically her recent Disney cruise one

Last edited:
Well I know Kevin didn't enjoy it much...which is the first time I've heard that from someone who went

Which is not to say that their view isn't valid. :coffee:

well I think it was a combination of things...they had just arrived in a completely foreign country, had jet lag, were rushed to get through things as they only had a short time there. I think if they had more time to recover from jet lag and relax they would have had a better time. Did they also get bad weather? I can't remember.

well I think it was a combination of things...they had just arrived in a completely foreign country, had jet lag, were rushed to get through things as they only had a short time there. I think if they had more time to recover from jet lag and relax they would have had a better time. Did they also get bad weather? I can't remember.

This is absolutely true.

Exhausted, cranky, rushed and rainy didn’t add up to a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter