Phase 2 Opening

diswis

Mouseketeer
Hi! Sorry if this is a repeat thread, but I have a question:
When do we think this will happen (for either park), because I will delay/move up any future trips to be there around opening. (I'm the planner of trips in my family, haha.)
I really want to go for phase 1, but it'll be too much $$ to just to have to come back for my parents (I feel like such a fake Disney Park fan!)

I’ve heard Aug/Sept for Disneyland and Nov/Dec for WDW. It’s all estimation/rumor right now so don’t plan around that.
I find these date rumours super interesting. If someone was planning on just going to DW to do one ride, and only wanted to see SWGE, DL opening Rise of the Resistance in Aug/Sept might entice people to wait and go to DL to see both. Still so much up in the air for those of us booked for end of Aug/first of September at DW :)

I'm thinking for WDW it Rise will be open before the Xmas holiday...I'm hoping before Thanksgiving but I can dream

We are going in October and I'm really hoping it is not open yet. I expect the crowds to be bad with just the one ride open. I think they will really pick up as soon as both rides are open.

Some people who shall remain nameless have told us that rumor has it the end of August...for both areas to be fully operational; that they want to coincide the two openings of RotR. But...depends on fixing the issues they are having with it, and it is just a rumor at this point.

When DH flew home this past Tuesday, he was sitting next to an Imagineer, who worked on SWGE-DL and was flying to Orlando to help out with SWGE-WDW

Interesting. I would not be surprised, seeing as how they shocked the hell out of me with the GE opening announcement. I kind of hope ROTR is open for my mid November trip, but I am not counting on it.

I read somewhere online that it wasn't opening until April next year, will be very happy to hear that rumour is wrong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!