PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Ok, I want in on the Oreo cupcake! That sounds delish! I'd be interested in the cappuccino one as well as I like coffee flavored things, Although I don't drink coffee! And I think on our family trip I might need one of the chai tea lattes? How have I not had one????

I am trying to figure out how I missed the chai tea latte all these times too! We must make up for this oversight, don't you think. As for the Oreo BonBon Cupcake...so having one of those. I really think the center must be the grey stuff from BOG, because it really is not like the Oreo BonBon they serve at Cape May for dessert.

Melissa-
I did not realize you were taking a quick trip next weekend...oh how fun!

On Friday we have reservations at Ohana...about the same time as you do! YAY! We will certainly get to meet up!

I didn't realize I had a quick trip next weekend either until a few days ago ;) We're going with some of my husband's coworkers. It is the first trip for one of them so its going to be a super packed two days!

BW sounds superb for part of W&D race weekend!

I am so excited for you girls headed to PHM. I know you will have an amazing time & will have so many fun memories. Coronation send off with cupcakes at the airport sounds perfect for the start of the week. I hope you text me occasionally during the trip & let me in on the fun a little bit. Still bummed I couldn't make the trip, but I cant wait to hear all about it & start planning our next adventure...eh, our first Run Disney adventure.

BW sounds superb for part of W&D race weekend!

I am so excited for you girls headed to PHM. I know you will have an amazing time & will have so many fun memories. Coronation send off with cupcakes at the airport sounds perfect for the start of the week. I hope you text me occasionally during the trip & let me in on the fun a little bit. Still bummed I couldn't make the trip, but I cant wait to hear all about it & start planning our next adventure...eh, our first Run Disney adventure.

I am bummed out too about you not being able to make this trip...but we have plans for our next couple races! I can't wait to do W&D with you and oh yes that marathon that we somehow all committed ourselves too. CUPCAKES WILL TAKE OVER RUNDISNEY!

I am bummed out too about you not being able to make this trip...but we have plans for our next couple races! I can't wait to do W&D with you and oh yes that marathon that we somehow all committed ourselves too. CUPCAKES WILL TAKE OVER RUNDISNEY!

MWAHAHAHAHA cupcake take over!!

Cupcake Friday
(As if just being Friday is not sweet enough…)

Cotton Top Tamarin, White Elephant, Zebra & Simba Cupcakes
Animal Kingdom: Kusafiri Bakery

This is our last cupcake stop of the PTR, next week I plan to recap with a list of all the cupcakes that we have seen through this year. I will also reveal my top contenders!

Today, I thought you were in for a real treat as we finish up our cupcake crawl in Animal Kingdom. I have seen pictures all year of 4 wonderful looking cupcakes, but as I sat down this week to research them a little further I have found that these cupcakes have gone through an UNMAGICAL transformation, shame on you Disney for messin with my cupcakes before I even got there. All of these cupcakes can be found at Kusafiri, near Tusker House.

Cotton Top Tamarin

This cupcake used to look like this…

cotton top.jpg
A mound of rich vanilla buttercream icing with chocolate shavings and a Cotton Top Tamarin white & dark chocolate lollipop decoration on top of a rich chocolate fudge cupcake.

Newest version…

animal-kingdom-kusafiri-cupcakes-zebra-cotton-top-tamarin.jpg

A mound of chocolate buttercream icing with a “grass like” frosting for decoration along with the white & dark chocolate lollipop decoration on top of a rich chocolate fudge cupcake.

White Chocolate Elephant

This cupcake used to look like this…

white chocolate elephant.jpg
A rich chocolate cake filled with chocolate cream, topped with a light vanilla buttercream and toasted coconut along with a cute white chocolate elephant lollipop with a dab of German chocolate icing to hold it in place.

Now this cupcake looks like this…

animal-kingdom-kusafiri-cupcake-white-chocolate-elephant-305x625.jpg

Hmmm…and tastes like the Cotton Top Tamarin, I am sure.

Zebra Cupcake

This cupcake used to look like this, and it was not a huge wow factor then

zebra.jpg

Now…

animal-kingdom-kusafiri-cupcakes-zebra-cotton-top-tamarin.jpg

But still has the same flavor profile…a yellow Cake with buttercream icing and chocolate shavings.

Simba Cupcake

animal-kingdom-kusafiri-cupcakes-lion-cub-simba-546x625.jpg

The Simba cupcake is a recent addition and holds a little more promise than the other 3 I have just mentioned, but to me looks like something you would find at Walmart. Sorry…you can call it Simba but it still looks like a grocery store cupcakes. A fondant Simba tops the cupcake and is surrounded by a mane of food coloring vanilla frosting.

Underneath this frosting mane you will find a standard vanilla cake, but it does have 1 redeeming quality, a pudding like filling of Passion fruit.

My Thoughts?

I am so totally disappointed in the changes that Disney has made to these cupcakes that I probably won’t even bother! I was sure looking forward to that White Elephant…hmmm toasted coconut!

Your Thoughts?

Motivation Monday

Yipee, I get to say next month I am going to Disney World! Actually 36 more days until we take off!

Training has continued to be at a standstill thanks to resting those shins, the weather and schedule. I know excuses, excuses! This is a big week for me…I have my first half marathon. So many emotions and thoughts are running through my head in preparation for this event. I am excited, how crazy! Excited to run 13.1 miles?! I am extremely nervous at the same time. I know that I can do this, I have trained (well up until 2 weeks ago) and the course time requirement is well within my ability…but it is scary to think about putting yourself out there and actually doing it! I have set my goal as finishing under 3 ½ hours or a 16 mm pace. I am not going to push myself hard, but to use this race as a training run…the reason to get out there and run that long distance! I find it so much easier to tackle long distance when the lure of bling at the end!

I worked on costumes this week a little. Amy H and I are going to be Drizella & Anastasia from Cinderella for the PHM. We had planned to go with those costumes for ToT a few years ago and I am so happy that we finally get let out our inner silliness!

I really need to watch Cinderella and look through google pictures so we can have fun with the race make silly faces! I will post pictures when they are completely finished! Here is what I accomplished this weekend…

Our group cupcake outfit for the 5K is coming together quite nicely. I designed a shirt during thanksgiving…shirts are now ordered, artwork and bling are being created and in a few weeks they should arrive, about the same time as our custom cupcake sparkleskirt that we created back in September! I made everyone’s cupcake Mickey Ears this weekend…

I think they turned out pretty cute! I can’t wait until all the pieces are together and we can see the finished look!

I also have worked a little on my packing list, which means trying to figure out what I am going to wear each day of the trip…so I have a few more “themed” shirts to get order and taken care of! As well as 1 more sparkle skirt that I am eyeing!

Things are certainly coming together and that is a lot of motivation to keep on getting those miles in…hopefully the weather will cooperate some that I can get in a few walks during lunch as I have already decided that I am not going to push the shins to run this week…

How is your motivation? How are your preparations coming?

Loved this post! Slowly catching up! I love/hate this time of year because of our hectic family schedule! But am so looking forward to PHM in less than 2 weeks now!!!!

We haven't gone to Animal Kingdom at all in the last few trips as they seem to be lacking in more than just cupcakes

I read another post that most of Animal Kingdom is covered in construction walls. :(

I can't wait to be at WDW! 2 weeks from right now some of us will have finished a 5K and others will be going to bed early to prepare for the 10K! I'm so excited!!!

I think Animal Kingdom needs to up it's game!

I totally think so too...this way too disappointing!

We haven't gone to Animal Kingdom at all in the last few trips as they seem to be lacking in more than just cupcakes

I am excited about going there...I love parts of AK. I am none too thrilled about Avartarland...stupid and really does not fit IMHO. I think focusing on Northwest Coast of NA...Brother Bear would be so much better!

I read another post that most of Animal Kingdom is covered in construction walls. :(

I can't wait to be at WDW! 2 weeks from right now some of us will have finished a 5K and others will be going to bed early to prepare for the 10K! I'm so excited!!!

Are you planning on sleeping Brandy...LOL. This is Disney! We are not sleeping the night before 5K! LOL, you can slip away and join us in MK until it closes on Thursday night!

Motivation Monday
Can you believe that there is only 1 more Monday left until we all start making our way towards WDW? It is hard to imagine that I started this PTR 50 weeks ago, the day after PHM14! I know I have said this over and over the last few weeks, but you ladies have certainly made the time “RUN” this past year. Training has almost come to an official end for PHM, I completed my last long running distance this past Saturday at the Hot Chocolate 15K in Dallas with Debra and Cammy. What a FUN overnight adventure the 3 of us had. It was the first time Cammy and I had met Debra, since everyone’s life like to get in the way of the other running road trips we had planned. It was so nice to finally get to run with her! And when I say run with her that is exactly what I mean. This was the first race that I have ever gotten to have someone beside me the entire way. I have always been jealous of people that I pass or pass me that have someone with them! I have to say, that it is the most amazing thing and the distance seems to go by rather quickly when you have someone there with you. I cannot think of a better way to do my last long run than with Debra and of course Hot Chocolate. While we certainly did not PR it was a chance for Debra to get her running legs back under her and for me to get the distance in without pushing myself too hard and end up injured right before PHM. Hot Chocolate 15K was certainly one of the best races that I have done over the last year in preparation for PHM. Lots of fun, lots of people, course entertainment (including a Whiskey station by a neighborhood group that I had to stop for, even though I don’t really drink whiskey…embracing that inner Tweedle), great water stops, a few snacks on the way (which I avoided like the plague after BL Half), great after party with yummy chocolate, awesome swag (love the hoodie jacket and backpack) and of course awesome bling.

cupcakes.jpg
Of course there were the prerace cupcakes...​

flat me.jpg
Flat me...have no idea why this picture will not turn!!!

hc collage.jpg

Here is a little taste of our morning run...

5 guys.jpg

And of course the best way to refuel after 9.3 miles...a burger at 5 Guys!​

So what is up for the last week before heading to WDW in terms of training? Well it looks like a nice enough week around here to get a few power walks in during lunch and then hopefully a between 3-6 miles this weekend. Just enough to keep my body reminded that I certainly plan to be more than Half Crazy by 2 weeks from today!
What other motivation do I have this week? Well, packing…I have piles laying all over the place (which is driving my husband crazy) and my packing list is complete. I need to get to the thrift store and find a “throw away” suitcase so I can carry our cupcake shirts and Mickey ears for everyone, since I can’t check bags on the way home. I need to finish a couple of personal shirts for myself as well as plugging all the important information into my Outlook calendar! My playlist has been tested, modified and plugged into my phone. I need to get to the post office and mail Amy’s magic band…Oh so many little things to get done! But that will certainly make the week go by fast…

What are your plans for this week…both training and last minute details?

Attachments

• hc medal.jpg
    hc medal.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1
My plans for this week are a run today, a run Thursday..a run this weekend if weather permits...

And getting my work done. I have 9 days till I board an airplane & 8 days to meet my deadline. It's gonna be tight. Ugg.

I will probably back about 10 hours before I leave. :) I can't believe in NINE days we all meet! SOOOO EXCITED! :jumping1:

Hello Ladies! It has been FAR too long since I have posted on the board. I was extremely busy this fall with my marathons, work, and my tenure procedures (I am a college professor). I have not stopped thinking about you all! I have checked in here and there to see how everyone is doing. I liked reading everyone's plans for the trip. EEK!!! I leave in 9 days!!!! I have been super stressed at work because I have a grant due on the 17th, but it will get done and then I can relax. I finalized my costumes for the 10k and 1/2 and ordered all the components. I have to do a little work on them this weekend, but I can handle that. I was going to do more on my own, but then life got too busy and it just made it easier to order things. So I look forward to seeing you ladies on the early buses. I am a bit nervous about catching them and finding my way, but I figured I will just follow the crowds. I am staying with my family at Kidani. I know you ladies have dinner at Via Napoli before the half. We have a reservation as a family and should overlap with when you are there. I will look for the boisterous group of women and try to say hello :).

And just to update, I found out 2 weeks ago that I passed my tenure review! Disney seems like a great way to celebrate!

Tammie~ I meant to post that my sister and I did the Hot Chocolate 15k last year in Philly! It was one of my most favorite and I agree, the best swag! That chocolate fondue was amazing! My dad and other sister did the 5K and really liked it. We were considering doing it again this year, especially now that the have a medal (so awesome). My last long run was this past weekend as well, 13 miles and they were tough, we have been having really hard winter weather up here in NY. I ran the first 8 on the treadmill then went outside for the last 5 in the light snow. That was fun, but I was a little under dressed. Today is swimming, then running Thursday, Sat., Sun, and Wed., then taking time off to rest a bit before the running starts on the 21st!

My plans for this week are a run today, a run Thursday..a run this weekend if weather permits...

And getting my work done. I have 9 days till I board an airplane & 8 days to meet my deadline. It's gonna be tight. Ugg.

I will probably back about 10 hours before I leave. :) I can't believe in NINE days we all meet! SOOOO EXCITED! :jumping1:

Let's just say that WORK is getting in the way of POWERWALKING at lunch this week....GRRRRR it has been so beautiful and today it is cold and rainy! We need the rain but I need out of this office!

I can't wait to meet you! It is so hard to believe that it was almost a year ago we all connected online...FINALLY! I feel like you are a bestie anyway...since we chat it up so much!

Hello Ladies! It has been FAR too long since I have posted on the board. I was extremely busy this fall with my marathons, work, and my tenure procedures (I am a college professor). I have not stopped thinking about you all! I have checked in here and there to see how everyone is doing. I liked reading everyone's plans for the trip. EEK!!! I leave in 9 days!!!! I have been super stressed at work because I have a grant due on the 17th, but it will get done and then I can relax. I finalized my costumes for the 10k and 1/2 and ordered all the components. I have to do a little work on them this weekend, but I can handle that. I was going to do more on my own, but then life got too busy and it just made it easier to order things. So I look forward to seeing you ladies on the early buses. I am a bit nervous about catching them and finding my way, but I figured I will just follow the crowds. I am staying with my family at Kidani. I know you ladies have dinner at Via Napoli before the half. We have a reservation as a family and should overlap with when you are there. I will look for the boisterous group of women and try to say hello :).

And just to update, I found out 2 weeks ago that I passed my tenure review! Disney seems like a great way to celebrate!

I was wondering how you were and how your training is coming! I so hope that you will come over and see us all at Via Napoli...and of course the buses from AKL! I don't think we are going to be hard to pick out!!!! LOL...is that a good thing?

Tammie~ I meant to post that my sister and I did the Hot Chocolate 15k last year in Philly! It was one of my most favorite and I agree, the best swag! That chocolate fondue was amazing! My dad and other sister did the 5K and really liked it. We were considering doing it again this year, especially now that the have a medal (so awesome). My last long run was this past weekend as well, 13 miles and they were tough, we have been having really hard winter weather up here in NY. I ran the first 8 on the treadmill then went outside for the last 5 in the light snow. That was fun, but I was a little under dressed. Today is swimming, then running Thursday, Sat., Sun, and Wed., then taking time off to rest a bit before the running starts on the 21st!

Hot Chocolate was so much fun...of course this is the first race I have EVER done with someone beside me the whole way. It was so amazing to have a run partner! The medal is so NICE...and I am loving the jacket! Some of us are talking on putting together a Cupcake Hot Chocolate Meet up in Dallas or Chicago. A race that I am certain I will do over and over again!

Hoping you get in some training this week...and not on the treadmill!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter