PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

DISCLAIMER: Usually I like to plan each day to the minute and share my plans. This trip is a little different….we have park hoppers and plan to use them. The only thing certain is TS meals and while we have a few fast passes scheduled we are not worrying about them and if we make them, then we make them. So here are the “plans” that I know are for certain.

Friday, February 20

frozen medal.jpg

Time for the Frozen 5K! Can’t wait to wear out cupcake run outfits! Afterward it is time to Celebrate Friendship Day...a day that is very special to all of hearts as we have come a very long and CRAZY road to get to this day in our friendship...along with a few characters (no not us, other characters) because there is certain to be SOME RUMBLY IN THE TUMMY which needs to be silenced with something yummy …

Friendship-day-Celebration.jpg

Today we plan to hit all 4 parks…don’t really have a plan on how…but we know we are going to do it. We do have FP scheduled in DHS(totally a must that we get on RnRC with the stepsista…need to make embarrassing mom photos together to post to our dd's Facebook pages as well as ToT) so we know when we are going to be there and we have our must do list for the day…

4 parks.jpg

Our Celebrate Friendship Day will also include dinner at Ohana, a dinner over 2 years in the planning. This was the one reservation that there was no way that I could do without them when our previous trip plans went CRAZY…after all Ohana means family and these girls are my family and no one gets left behind! We are adding 2 new friends to the mix, Lisa (Betsy’s cousin) and Andreah (the speedy cupcake of the group).

Ohana-Restaurant.jpg

Well maybe, if they don’t dive for the bread pudding first they will get left behind…that is the stuff dreams are made of!

Ohana-Bread-Pudding.jpg

Afterwards, it will back to MK for Wishes TOGETHER…

fireworks-over-cinderella.jpg

Tammie - aren't you the one that said there's no sleeping in disney? Lol. I may slip away to play at the MK Thursday night. Who needs sleep the night before race? Ha ha.

Tammie - aren't you the one that said there's no sleeping in disney? Lol. I may slip away to play at the MK Thursday night. Who needs sleep the night before race? Ha ha.

I am being optimistic about sleeping...I am an early riser anyway so I am sure I will be bringing on the ROPE DROPS! Brandy I hope you can slip away and meet us at MK on Thursday night...LOL we intend to see that last kiss of night at 2 am...then get up and walk that silly 5K!

Sorry, y'all...I am sleeping! I am like a boring old lady.

Never boring! LOL...I totally tend to sleep when I can, like when I get home! Seriously, I run on very little sleep thanks to old lady hormones...

DISCLAIMER: Usually I like to plan each day to the minute and share my plans. This trip is a little different….we have park hoppers and plan to use them. The only thing certain is TS meals and while we have a few fast passes scheduled we are not worrying about them and if we make them, then we make them. So here are the “plans” that I know are for certain.

Saturday, February 21

I like how this trip is shaping up, after a very long day on Friday we will take advantage of another leisurely morning or depending on how many times we rode EE a trip to AK might be in the works…I know I am always up for a trip to AK and a climb up my favorite mountain.

EE.jpg

We have LATE breakfast plans with many of our Cupcake Friends at Kona…yep, Tonga Toast time!

tonga.jpg

Then we will head over to the Expo so Amy H can officially pick up her things and get taped at the KT booth,

expobanner.jpg

KT.JPG

before heading to Epcot to meet up with the Cupcakes for a few rides together!

soarin-250.jpg
I am also hoping that some of Flower & Garden will be ready to see (since in all reality I will probably never make it to WDW in the spring).

epcot-flower-and-garden-write-from-the-heart--romance-author-lynn-hubbard--epcot-pictures.jpg

THEN the much anticipated CUPCAKE meet up for some pre half fueling with cute Italian boys!

cute boys.jpg

Then we all head back to AKL for an early night! Maybe a little time by the pool with the cupcakes…but certainly sleepytime tea and bed at my normal everyday times! LOL

bed.jpg

I still haven't figured out the new boards yet. I did find the "like" feature. :love: And the smilies. :rolleyes1:flower1:

I am so ready for a break! I'm tired of school mornings, and cooking and cleaning, etc... this will be me at dark:thirty next Wednesday when I get up to go to the airport. :yay::thanks::dancer::banana::cheer2::cool1:

I still haven't figured out the new boards yet. I did find the "like" feature. :love: And the smilies. :rolleyes1:flower1:

I am so ready for a break! I'm tired of school mornings, and cooking and cleaning, etc... this will be me at dark:thirty next Wednesday when I get up to go to the airport. :yay::thanks::dancer::banana::cheer2::cool1:

I know...trying to figure out how to post has been very interesting...BUT I AM LOVING NOT HAVING TO DEAL WITH PHOTOBUCKET!!!!

I have so much to do...and no time at night to get it done this week! UGH...plus prep dinners, laundry, house cleaning, master schedule...

This time next week....EXPO!

I'm not leaving anything done at home. I'll get it clean, but Doug and Colt are big boys. They can feed themselves. :)

Cupcake Friday
(As if Just Being Friday is Not Sweet Enough)

RECAP

10a.png

Can you believe it has been a year since I started this virtual cupcake crawl in order to pass the time away until I would be back home at WDW enjoying a cupcake for PHM? It has been some pretty yummy Friday’s!!!! In fact we have seen over 60 different cupcakes…

Magic Kingdom
Peanut Butter Chocolate
Triple Chocolate
Lemon Meringue
Strawberry Cream Cheese
The Master’s
Cheshire Cat Cupcake, Red Queen & Mad Hatter in a Cup
Dumbo
Cotton Candy
Carmel Corn

Disney Hollywood Studios
Red Velvet Cheesecake
Sorcerer’s Hat
Butterfinger
Marble
Strawberry & Cream Cheese
Jack Sparrow Treasure

Epcot
Caramel Corn
Vanilla or Chocolate Caramel
Carrot Cake
Chocolate Raspberry

Animal Kingdom
Zebra
White Chocolate Elephant
Cotton Top Tamarin
Simba

Art of Animation
Macaroon
Oreo Mickey

Boardwalk Bakery
Strawberry Shortcake
Chocolate Peanut Butter
Oreo Bonbon
Orange Cream
Cappuccino

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Orange Marmalade Giraffe Cupcake
Chocolate Butterfinger Zebra Cupcake

Contemporary
Frost Chocolate Caramel
Chocolate Peanut Butter
Black Forest
Chocolate Coconut
Dulce de Leche/Dos Leche
Pineapple Rum Cream Cheese
Strawberry Lemonade

Grand Floridian
German Chocolate
Cherry-Berry
S’mores
Florida Orange
Pina Colada

Polynesian
Chocolate Macadamia
Mango Passion Fruit
Lemon Ginger
Pina Colada
Chocolate Beer
Peanut Butter Jelly
Chocolate Mouse (Mousse)

POP
The King

Wilderness Lodge
Carrot Cake
S’mores
Strawberry Lemonade

A special thanks to Emma, the Pixie Dust Girl and her awesome blog, A Pinch of Pixie Dust-The Second Blog to the right!

It has been so much fun sharing her research
and I can’t wait now to SHARE A REAL CUPCAKE WITH MANY OF YOU!

Last edited:

10b.gif

Which ones made TOP 10 LIST that I am going to search out and share with anyone who wants to?

Here they are:

10. Pina Colada (Grand Floridian)

10.png

9. Zebra Butterfinger (Animal Kingdom Lodge)

9.jpg

8. Macaroon (Art of Animation)

8.png

7. S’mores Cupcake (Wilderness Lodge)

7.png

6. King Cupcake (POP)

6.jpg

5. Masters Cupcake (BOG)

5.png

4. Frost Chocolate Caramel (Contempory)

4.jpg

3. Chocolate Mouse (Poly)

3.jpg

2. Oreo BonBon (BW Bakery)

2.png

1. Cinderella Cupcake (DHS)

1.jpg

Wait, what, where did this one come from? Yep, I am pulling out a new one for the number one spot on my list…okay; really Disney has recently added a new one at Hollywood Studios in celebration of the new live version of Cinderella soon to be in theaters.

1a.jpg

If you are a vanilla fan this cupcake is for you. Cinderella’s white chocolate slipper sits on a small cushion of pink icing topping a huge, thick blue frosting base. Despite the blue color, the flavor of the frosting is entirely true to its vanilla description and it comes heavily sprinkled with sugar and edible glitter, which bring to mind the shine and sparkle of Cinderella’s slipper. No surprise filling inside, just a very moist vanilla cake. Pretty simple, yet really beautiful! And what a perfect picture this will make…me in my tiara shirt and tiara, standing with this cupcake in my hand in front of…

I would say a perfect fairy tale ending to this cupcake crawl, happily ever after!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 0
Oh that Cinderella cupcake! I totally can't wait! Jan and I will be at DHS after the 5K and totally plan on partaking in one! That's a lot of cupcakes that day since we'll be at BOG for dinner as well!

Wait, we don't need to use photobucket anymore? Dang, I missed that. That's awesome! I'm gonna love that! :)

I can not believe that we all meet in six freakin' days. I'm so, so, so excited.

That is a lot of cupcakes! Of course, my number one is red velvet cheesecake. I don't think that surprises anyone. I can't wait to meet some of you ladies next week!

So excited for you ladies! Tammie I can't believe you started this a year ago. Lots of good luck and pixie dust to all of you! Run safe and run strong. Enjoy the Mouse.

....now back to my tax returns....

So exciting this trip is almost here. By this time next weekend you will be gearing up for dinner at Via Napoli with PHM the next day. Time really has flown by after registration. Cant wait to hear about all the fun cupcake adventures.

I had so much fun at Hot Chocolate. Makes such a huge difference to be able to run with someone. I would totally do the Dallas event again next year if that is an option for you.

The Cinderella cupcake is adorable...and of course it would be vanilla since I am not there to partake in it :rolleyes2

Oh...& running...I got out & did a couple short runs this week. Baby steps to get my base built back up. I need to work hard this year & then anything I run next year can be a consideration for proof of time for Dopey 2018.

pirate:I saw that Cinderella cupcake on FB the other day! Gorgeous! I'm cleaning and packing today. We're not going out tonight. Just going to cook and avoid the crowds! Right now I'm puttin away clean laundry and packing and watching Sleeping Beauty. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter