Phone number for special services

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
Grrrrrrr I am having a heck of a time making our reservations this trip. We have never had a problem in the past getting handicapped accessible accomidations for 5 but we are having difficulty now. I made the ressies and was told we could all be in one room?? This has never been the case in the past we have had to have 2 (we need the roll in shower) I have called 3 times and the CM'shave been great but talk to Special requests for me. I have asked to talk directly to them but was told they (the CMs take care of it). Does anyone have the direct number??? I cant seem to find it. I dont want to get to DW and have problems. Thank you sooooo much!

I did a search and this phone number from the Dis page on special needs/disabilities was mentioned: (407) 939-7807. I hope it helps. Carolyn

They will give you an extra room under the ADA if the room that is handicap accessible is a room with only one bed and you have up to 4 people in your room because 4 is the standard for hotel rooms. However you have 5 and they can then require you to pay for the extra room.

I don't mind paying for the second room, I just want to make sure that the IS a second room and that it is connected and that it is marked in the reservation. As you know they will NOT guarantee that the rooms will be connected (they tell you they will try they say they will make a note in the reservation but it is not a GUARANTEE so that was the big problem. Going through Special requests we are assured that there are 2 rooms and one will be a handicapped room with a roll in shower and that they will be ajoining. That's all I wanted to make sure of. Thank you for the number. We are all set for 2 connecting rooms, one with a roll in shower, I will call later and hope that they are located close to the main building, but if not it's OK I just like check-in time to go fast and easy. We have never had a problem....well, except for the hurricane but even then the CMs were WONDERFUL! I just was getting a littel frustrated that I was unable to talk to Special requests myself. I am glad I did get to talk to them and explain and that they were able to make sure that the rooms are all set for us. Thanks again.

Usually the accomodations done by special (medical) reservations are considered guarantees and not requests since disabilities are involved.

Until reading this thread, I was not aware that you could book reservations this way. We were at ASMo last month and just booked them the regular way (through CRO). At check-in, we felt very fortunate to be given a high floor/NOT connecting room (as I had requested with CRO). We were also given an end room (not requested). The room was VERY quiet and DD7 (SID) had no difficulties at all. There were busier parts of the hotel that might have been difficult for her. Would it be possible for me to call this # to make our ressie next time or would I have to call CRO? What I'm asking is, would they make the booking for me based on my daughters issues? If so, fabulous.

We are hoping to stay at POP either 12/2005 or 12/2006.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Suzy V.

In the past we have called the hotel and made the ressies and then I have called and talked to "special relations" myself later and they ahve "tweeked" them forus. they make sure we get ajoining rooms, bottom floor, close to the main bldg etc. They also were able to make sure we had and early check in and a late check out. That will not guarentee that but I guess they make a note on the reservation because it has always worked. It didnt work however at Christmas when it was busy but the hotel gave us a room for a few minutes to change DS and then we went off to the parks. We have always been able to get late check out. I had misplaced the number. Good Luck!

D said:
In the past we have called the hotel and made the ressies and then I have called and talked to "special relations" myself later and they ahve "tweeked" them forus. they make sure we get ajoining rooms, bottom floor, close to the main bldg etc. They also were able to make sure we had and early check in and a late check out. That will not guarentee that but I guess they make a note on the reservation because it has always worked. It didnt work however at Christmas when it was busy but the hotel gave us a room for a few minutes to change DS and then we went off to the parks. We have always been able to get late check out. I had misplaced the number. Good Luck!
First, I want to point out that adjoining rooms are just rooms that are next to each other. I know they sound like they join together, but they don't and I like to point it out whenever I see it to avoid someone not getting what they really mean. If you want rooms that are next to each other and have a door inside that connects them together, you want to ask for connecting rooms.

My understanding is that Special Reservations can find a room that fits what you need and then "lock" it in the computer so that it is assigned to you and not open for assignment to anyone else.
The number that was already listed in this thread is the one that is currently listed on the official Disney website for special reservations.

Quick question:
So does that mean I can call Special reservations to make the reservation, or do I have to call CRO first to make the ressie and then call Special Reservations back for special requests.

Thank you

Suzy V.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter