Photo Package Discounts

AeroKU

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
I have read that if you have 2 staterooms join up together, that you can get 50% off the price of the onboard price for the second state room (1st room pays full price for either the pre-paid price or the onboard price, then second room gets 50% off the onboard price). Does anyone know if you can do more than 2 rooms? Say 5 staterooms? And how that discount price would break down?

I believe it is 2 cabins only and I think they have to be related with a minor child from one in the other.

You’re not going to be able to work it like a Memory Maker Share.

The relationship with a minor in another stateroom is required to share 1 package between 2 staterooms. This is for 2 separate staterooms regardless of relationship.

Keep in mind that if you have a nuclear (minor children) family across 2 rooms, they can be linked to one Photo package. So DW and DD in one room and DH and DS in another, one room buys the package and the other can be linked by just going to Shutters and letting them know.

Now, whether the third room could buy the 50% off package, I don't know, but I don't see why not. Then your fourth and fifth room could buy another full price package + 50% off package.

Our expectation was one stateroom bought the package at full price and the other two could receive 50% off...now I'm concerned and I am going to call (or rather email) to check.

I seem to recall that the purchase of the second package at 50% off can only be done on board while the first one can be purchased online. Which means the discount won’t be as significant. But I also think it’s just for a 2nd stateroom , not 3rd, 4th, 5th. Hmm!

I just called the photo place. They told me that if you buy one unlimited digital photo package at full price (either pre-pay or onboard) that you can get multiple staterooms the same package at 50% off the onboard price ($249.95). I specifically asked that if we have 5 staterooms, would 4 of them receive the 50% off, and she said yes. It is not limited to 2 rooms.

I just called the photo place. They told me that if you buy one unlimited digital photo package at full price (either pre-pay or onboard) that you can get multiple staterooms the same package at 50% off the onboard price ($249.95). I specifically asked that if we have 5 staterooms, would 4 of them receive the 50% off, and she said yes. It is not limited to 2 rooms.
Phew. Thanks!

That seems ripe for abuse. I hope there is some kind of qualifier, like all have to be linked or family or something.

That seems ripe for abuse. I hope there is some kind of qualifier, like all have to be linked or family or something.
I know, right? I kept asking, "Are you sure? More than 2 rooms can get the discount?" She said, "I'm sure. I've been working here for 7 years. I've seen it all."

So, anyone going on the Dream on 6/14 want to team up and get some photo discounts??:rotfl2:

I'm guessing that they are just happy to sell their [overpriced] packages even if it's at 50% off! That's several more rooms that might otherwise not purchase :D

I'm guessing that they are just happy to sell their [overpriced] packages even if it's at 50% off! That's several more rooms that might otherwise not purchase :D

That is definitely a possibility. Unless you run around getting as many pictures as you can, and thus probably missing some downtime or other magical moments, it is a losing proposition.

Unless something has changed recently, it has been 1 full-price (or pre-paid price) and 1 half-price. This can be repeated for multiple staterooms, such that any 2 pay full price another 2 get half-price, etc.. Unfortunately with 5 staterooms that leaves an odd one out - so 3 pay full price and 2 pay half-price.

Honestly, I would budget that 3 rooms will need to pay full price, with 2 getting a discount. Then if you are able to get 4 at discount with 1 full price, it's a bonus savings. I hate to plan to spend less only to find out that was incorrect.

Enjoy your cruise!

Unless something has changed recently, it has been 1 full-price (or pre-paid price) and 1 half-price. This can be repeated for multiple staterooms, such that any 2 pay full price another 2 get half-price, etc.. Unfortunately with 5 staterooms that leaves an odd one out - so 3 pay full price and 2 pay half-price.

Honestly, I would budget that 3 rooms will need to pay full price, with 2 getting a discount. Then if you are able to get 4 at discount with 1 full price, it's a bonus savings. I hate to plan to spend less only to find out that was incorrect.

Enjoy your cruise!
That's my thought, also. I've always read that it's "one for one" on multiple rooms. Now, if the 5th (odd man out) room had a minor child from one of the full price rooms, they (the child and any photos they were in) could be covered.

My first 2 cruises we have had 3 staterooms. I honestly think the pictures are only linked to the stateroom key you have the photographer scan. I buy one package and give the photographer my stateroom key (or one of the kids') and all the pics end up on my room, even if only the grandparents are in them. Obviously if you have different families doing things separately this won't work but we tend to travel in a pack so it hasn't been a problem.

My first 2 cruises we have had 3 staterooms. I honestly think the pictures are only linked to the stateroom key you have the photographer scan. I buy one package and give the photographer my stateroom key (or one of the kids') and all the pics end up on my room, even if only the grandparents are in them. Obviously if you have different families doing things separately this won't work but we tend to travel in a pack so it hasn't been a problem.
Was this recently? I believe they now also use the facial recognition to know who's in each picture to determine whether it's part of the package or now.

Was this recently? I believe they now also use the facial recognition to know who's in each picture to determine whether it's part of the package or now.
2015 and 2018. They did use facial recognition for the Castaway photos but they were of my daughter and my dad and still ended up on my package.

I just heard back from Shutters via e-mail... "Should one cabin purchase the all inclusive package,(pre cruise or on board), the other cabins traveling with you can purchase their all inclusive for 50% off the on board price. These can only be purchased on board, not pre cruise."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!