Photo packages

scrapycruiser

DIS Veteran
What photo packages are available? Do you need to sign up ahead of time ? What if you just want sunset photos ?

Photopass is offered around the resort and at sunset. If you are willing to take the time to go out to the beach at sunset and stand in a few short lines there are usually 2-3 photographers in various places on the beach and in the lawn bordering the beach where you can easily get sunset photos without having to book a special photo session.

That said, if you’re celebrating something special or really want certain poses and to be sure there’s no one behind you in your photos and certain lighting, etc. you can book a private sunset photo session.

Here is a link with the photo information:

https://www.disneyaulani.com/activities/photography-services/

Prices are linked at the bottom.

We have gotten very nice sunset photos just using the photopass service. We did not book anything ahead, just went down to the beach before sunset.

Here are some examples:
4E696A3F-A9CD-4892-B5A8-C6E35C4439A3.jpeg 719EE309-58CF-45C3-8A30-E3AA59E3AE26.jpeg 605390DA-91A9-4BD5-8064-24F16991D65F.jpeg 73E3B15E-D95E-4CFF-BBF4-0AA625D8D9B9.jpeg

We did the 20-minute private session at sunset (you pay premium for sunset time, btw), and got a TON of shots in that short 20 mins. You can see a couple below. We were really happy with our photos, and if you are DVC members, you get a discount when you purchase the photos in the gift shop.

Famiy pic 2018.jpg Family jump.jpg Kids 2018.jpg

If you have a WDW AP, PhotoPass is included.
I also got all the Aulani PhotoPass photos free in my DLR AP PP account last October.

I thought someone posted recently that the WDW AP didn't work any more for PhotoPass at Aulani since WDW went to a new system but DLR is still on the same system as Aulani.

We did the private photo session (separate from PhotoPass so not free on my AP) since we were a group of 8 and had never done "full" family photos (with ILs etc) and wanted to make sure we got good ones-especially since SIL was only joining us for 2 of the nights. With that number of people we had to book the "large group" 40min session which is $350 including all photos.
Photo package price list:
https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...phy-services/photopass-package-price-list.pdf
We did the last slot before the sunset premium kicked in so we still had some "golden hour" lighting and it worked well. Note that you don't pay for the package until after your preview the photos. If you don't like them, you don't have to pay. Our photographer took over 170 shots in those 40 min and we were very happy with the results overall. It's hard to get 8 people all looking at the camera, smiling etc at once- especially when kids are involved. Here's a couple
Photo-0107.jpg

Photo-0048-retouched.jpg

Photo-0159.jpg

I also got all the Aulani PhotoPass photos free in my DLR AP PP account last October.

I thought someone posted recently that the WDW AP didn't work any more for PhotoPass at Aulani since WDW went to a new system but DLR is still on the same system as Aulani.

We did the private photo session (separate from PhotoPass so not free on my AP) since we were a group of 8 and had never done "full" family photos (with ILs etc) and wanted to make sure we got good ones-especially since SIL was only joining us for 2 of the nights. With that number of people we had to book the "large group" 40min session which is $350 including all photos.
Photo package price list:
https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...phy-services/photopass-package-price-list.pdf
We did the last slot before the sunset premium kicked in so we still had some "golden hour" lighting and it worked well. Note that you don't pay for the package until after your preview the photos. If you don't like them, you don't have to pay. Our photographer took over 170 shots in those 40 min and we were very happy with the results overall. It's hard to get 8 people all looking at the camera, smiling etc at once- especially when kids are involved. Here's a couple
Photo-0107.jpg

Photo-0048-retouched.jpg

Photo-0159.jpg
Great photos! Not sure if there was a change recently but the WDW AP worked as of last August.

Great photos! Not sure if there was a change recently but the WDW AP worked as of last August.

It worked as recently as Christmas but took a really long time for my Aulani photos to show up in my photopass account. (Several days delay)

Good to hear WDW AP still works too! It also took several days for the photos to show up in my DLR PhotoPass account.

I’m sure Disney doesn’t agree but I feel like it’s the least they can do if you’re already a passholder/eligible for photopass AND you’re at Aulani. Talk about an affinity group ($$$$)

I was pretty irritated I couldn’t get my Mickey breakfast photos for free though :rotfl:

We paid at the end of our stay and got a CD with a tonne of photos on it from our stay at Aulani and it included the sunset photos. We paid around $100 and it was worth it. Probably got over 400 photos all up and they are beautiful. We didn't do a private sunset shoot, just a regular one and they spent about 15 mins with us and got some gorgeous shots of our Daughter as well as some family ones as well.
You don't sign up before had, just keep your photopass bands and they put them all together at the end and you can select individual photos or get them all like we did.

Thanks for the great PhotoPass advice everyone. We're not AP holders (live too far away) but are DVC owners so happy to see we'll get a little discount when we buy our CD before leaving Aulani.

I have to say that I am shocked they are still burning CDs instead of doing flash drives. I haven't had a CD drive on my computer in 5 years, at least. Of course, I want the stock photos as well so I will have to figure out a workaround but come on, Disney!? #IfIRuledTheWorld LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter