Photo sharing: Dark rides

_DSC0758-X3.jpg

So nice to finally have a wider perspective in some dark rides - for years the widest fast prime I had was a 30mm F1.4 on APS-C - so picking up the new Sigma 16mm f1.4 finally lets me fit some scenes in the frame that I never could before.

by this point in the ride, I'm usually way too close to the skeleton captain to fit him all in the frame and still get some background:
original.jpg

I usually can only shoot the dog, or the prisoners...but not both in one frame:
original.jpg

and on Captain Jack and his treasure room, I usually only see him in his chair and the blue lit room, but not the doors and walls of the castle he's sitting in:
original.jpg

I didn't have the chance to ride many of the dark rides on this trip a few weeks ago, as I was up there with the Pixelmania photo group and following the group meets...but I did get the chance to jump in POTC when I first got there and try out the lens. I should be back up there in Jan/Feb, and will get more time to hit more of the rides with this lens.

Just browsing this thread...... So many great dark ride shots.... But it strikes me how much easier it has become to shoot dark rides compared to just 5+ years ago or so...

Another couple of years, you may be shooting dark rides with kit lenses on aps-c bodies. Then a couple years after that, with your iphone 11 camera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!