Photo Sharing - Nikon Part 2

Beautiful shots...PythonFan888...Love them ALL !!! :lovestruc
Was your seating for ROL that good? Can you tell me what tele lens you used...thinking about taking my prime 50 to the show...your thoughts??

Thanks!
I actually shot the show twice during our last trip, both from the Fastpass section. The first night we were at the third row from the front and I had the Nikon 24 - 70 f/2.8 VR on a D750. The second night we were on the second row from the front and I had the 70 - 200 f/2.8 on the D750. Both times we arrived less than 30 minutes from the start of the show. (We were surprised that there were still so many empty seats towards the front.)
My settings: Full Manual, f/3.5, AutoISO, 1/60 sec. The show elements are in almost constant motion so I wanted to keep the shutter speed fast enough to "freeze" the action. I found 1/60 sec to be a good choice as I was getting too much motion blur when I went slower. At AutoISO most of my shots fell around 1600 to 3200.
Regarding your 50 mm lens, this was the type of show where I think I would prefer the versatility of a zoom. If you are able to get a seat in the first 5 - 10 rows I think you'll be able to get most of the good stuff with a standard zoom. I used the 70 - 200 on the second night because I wanted to get more details on the boats, especially the lanterns. I think the 50 mm might be doable but I probably would not go further back than the 5th row and just be prepared to quickly compose on the fly.
Good luck!

Thanks PythonFan888 ... I have a FP one night & Tiffin dinner pkg another night, so, hopefully I'll havae 2 decent opportunities. I'll rethink & probably take my 18-200 instead...not f2 though..
I also was lucky to get a soft opening ticket for Pandora on 5/14...can't wait to check it out too!!!

DSC_4195.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!