Photo sharing: Sony Alpha

Can I get some more info on this camera please, is it the Sony Apha DSLR-A100??
And do you have the exif data for the castle fireworks shots? If so would you mind sharing? Truly amazing work!!!
Love the B&W Animal Kingdom Lobby shot too.

thanks for pointing this thread out Maggie.

Can I get some more info on this camera please, is it the Sony Apha DSLR-A100??
And do you have the exif data for the castle fireworks shots? If so would you mind sharing? Truly amazing work!!!
Love the B&W Animal Kingdom Lobby shot too.

thanks for pointing this thread out Maggie.

Yes, this is the Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 camera we are talking about.

I too would like to see the settings used on the castle fireworks shots.

Thanks for the positive comments. :)

This was my second attempt at shooting fireworks.
The first was from the California Grille viewing gallery at the Contemporary Resort. Results proved less than satisfactory as the fireworks explode where you least expect them. (As mentioned in another thread they explode above Space Mountain from that viewpoint)

I've added the exif data as requested. (Smugmug strips it)
They were shot in RAW and converted using Lightroom.

Heres another couple........

f6.3, 4 sec, ISO 200
180723473-L.jpg

f6.3, 15 sec, ISO 200
180725244-L.jpg

steery1

AMAZING PICS!!!!! You sure do know how to work that camera:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: !!!

Steery1,

You have done a wonderful job of showing some of the the capabilities of the Sony Alpha.

I have been very pleased with the colors and image quality achievable with this camera.

Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup2

Hi,

I literally bought this camera 2 days ago. This is my 5th digital camera in 6 years. I have purchased:

Sony Cybershot DSC-S85 4.0 mp- loved it
Sony CybershotDSC-T7 8.1 mp-hated it
Sony Cybershot DSC-V3 7.2 mp- ok camera
Sony Cybershot DSC-N1 8.1 mp
and now my Sony Alpha a100

This is my very first SLR camera. I stayed with Sony so I could use my media sticks that I have accumulated. I am very excited but yet very much a novice. I want to learn how to use this camera so bad. I want to be able to take great pictures. I could take great pictures with the other cameras, but I want more-I want WOW pictures like i see on this board. I can dream can't I... I so would love to take a photography class. I don't understand anything about exposure and all the fancy things this camera can do.

So I dove in the last 2 days going round my yard taking pictures for the fun of it. Trying to get the feel for the camera. I have 2 months to learn how to use this before we go to WDW. I will post some of the pictures I took. Be kind as this is my first attempt at a real camera. The pictures were taken on auto mode as I do not know how to use any of the other functions. My dream is to be able to shoot fireworks and the electrical parade . I also just ordered today the telephoto lense :lmao: so here are pictures for my first two days:

Flowers:

Marigolds1.jpg

flower1.jpg

Mickey

mickey1.jpg

mickey2.jpg

water-we were trying to catch movement so see how it would work:

summer rainstorm
summerrain1.jpg

pool fun

water1.jpg

More to come

Bug

More...

Around the yard:

frog1.jpg

dragonfly1.jpg

clouds1.jpg

Pets:

taj1.jpg

taj2.jpg

buddy1.jpg

Last one my son:

ink1.jpg

Do any of you recommend a good beginners book on how to photography or any good beginners websites.
Thanks,

Bug

bugdozer, I really like the water pool shot. :) (and all the rest of them as well :) ) I bought Understanding exposure and really like it, it's pretty easy to read. I also would recommend taking a photo class if you can find one. Also just playing around with the camera. :) maggie

Bugdozer,

Welcome to the thread! Your first pictures came out great.

Look forward to seeing more of them as you use your Sony more.

bugdozer, I really like the water pool shot. :) (and all the rest of them as well :) ) I bought Understanding exposure and really like it, it's pretty easy to read. I also would recommend taking a photo class if you can find one. Also just playing around with the camera. :) maggie

Hi,

Thanks, took about 15 shots to get the water/pool one how I wanted. The beauty of digital does not matter how many I take. I will go to book store in next couple of days see what I find. Thanks for the suggestion on a book. I am such a novice but willing to learn!

Bug

Bugdozer,

Welcome to the thread! Your first pictures came out great.

Look forward to seeing more of them as you use your Sony more.

Hi!

Nice to find you! VMK is loosing it's charm so I am finding other hobbies hehe. This hobby is more expensive but I hope to have fun! Great pictures you took. I hope to be able to learn to take some good ones.

Bug

bugdozer, I really like the water pool shot. (and all the rest of them as well ) I bought Understanding exposure and really like it, it's pretty easy to read. I also would recommend taking a photo class if you can find one. Also just playing around with the camera. maggie

Are you talking about AmPhoto's Understanding Exposure?

I don't mean to hijack, but allow me a tangent--what are you guys using for a flash? I posted on the main board, but don't think I'll get many nibbles. Our immediate goal was to do a nice family beach photo on our schedule, and I'm hemming and hawing about what flash to buy (considering the Metz 54, Sigma 500 and the Sony 56). Any insights on how your flash works in the wireless mode (especially outdoors), TTL vs. ADI, if and how you use an off camera shoe/cord would be especially appreciated!

When we get around to downloading the shots we've taken, we'll post some.

Cheers,

Are you talking about AmPhoto's Understanding Exposure?

I don't mean to hijack, but allow me a tangent--what are you guys using for a flash? I posted on the main board, but don't think I'll get many nibbles. Our immediate goal was to do a nice family beach photo on our schedule, and I'm hemming and hawing about what flash to buy (considering the Metz 54, Sigma 500 and the Sony 56). Any insights on how your flash works in the wireless mode (especially outdoors), TTL vs. ADI, if and how you use an off camera shoe/cord would be especially appreciated!

When we get around to downloading the shots we've taken, we'll post some.

Cheers,

I have the Sony HVL-F56AM, I bought it for the range which works well with group shots:

Flash Effective Range
Shooting Distance - F2 :0.7m to 28m

The wireless flash is activated by the built in flash, I have only used it in the in camera shoe, so I can not help you much with the wireless capability.

just got the camera about a month ago... so still new to it. but here are a couple of shots...

1332197197_c4dc9d3553.jpg

1333085492_48426a76e8.jpg

1332196811_6ffc9e1bd7.jpg

1332196107_80edd83c43.jpg

1332132399_adee979130.jpg

Thanks for the positive comments. :)

This was my second attempt at shooting fireworks.
The first was from the California Grille viewing gallery at the Contemporary Resort. Results proved less than satisfactory as the fireworks explode where you least expect them. (As mentioned in another thread they explode above Space Mountain from that viewpoint)

I've added the exif data as requested. (Smugmug strips it)
They were shot in RAW and converted using Lightroom.

Hey Stephen,

I'll echo the others and say, great shots. Do you mind sharing the lens (or lenses) you've used in some of the pictures. I'm especially interested in the night shots at MGM.

I got our Sony Alpha this summer. Our next trip to Disney is in the spring, when the kids go with their band. For now, here are a few of my favorites:

Our son, practicing with the Troopers Drum Corps, on tour this summer:
181302126-L.jpg

Carowinds Amusement Park:
191008274-L.jpg

191014914-L.jpg

191015668-L.jpg

My daughter and the rest of her section waiting to perform.
193019604-L.jpg

I'm still very new to the whole DSLR gig, but I'm trying to learn more every day. I can't wait to try it out at Disney.

Jeff

Khokhonutt said:
Hey Stephen,

I'll echo the others and say, great shots. Do you mind sharing the lens (or lenses) you've used in some of the pictures. I'm especially interested in the night shots at MGM.

I got our Sony Alpha this summer. Our next trip to Disney is in the spring, when the kids go with their band. For now, here are a few of my favorites:

Thanks Jeff

The MGM shots were taken with a Tamron 11-18mm f4-5.6
The others in my bag are the 18-70mm kit
Minolta 50mm f1.8
Sigma 70-300mm f3.5-5.6

Hi,

I know this is an older thread but I thought I would give it a bump as I wanted to post some pictures I have taken while learning my Sony Alpha camera. Hopefully others who have this camera will add some more photos :)

On a drive one very early morning:

sunrise1.jpg

sunrise2.jpg

Animal Kingdom:

tiger2.jpg

flower.jpg

Christmas:

orn.jpg

min.jpg

Osbourne Lights-I have to explain the first picture. I had a pair of paper glasses that you put them on and when you looked at the lights it turned them into snowmen. For the heck of it I held my camera and put the glasses against my lens to see if it would work. I must admit we were all surprised when we got home and it did work!

snowmenltsa.jpg

osb1.jpg

More to follow

Bug

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter