Photo sharing: Sony Alpha

My first walk-through of Galaxy's Edge a few weeks ago - stormy day and clear night, so my shots range from daytime snaps of the Millenium Falcon area to some handheld night shots of the same. It is clearly a centerpiece of the land and a very impressive spot when you round the corner and see the full-scale ship parked surrounded by mountains - day or night, it's a neat sight. All taken with A6300 and 18-135mm lens:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

7BB2B5F29CF648DDAD0F46632419880A.jpg

C12D69EBC39E4FB59CE073E03C6F7F4C.jpg

Here are some additional shots taken at blue hour/night around Galaxy's Edge - of other sections. All handheld with my A6300 as it was too hot for tripods and long exposures! I stuck with just one zoom lens (18-135mm) and higher ISOs:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

What are you shooting?

It's an a6000 with the 2 basic kit lenses plus I bought the 18-135. I loved that walk-around lens on my Canon but I'm not so sure about it on the Sony. I'm trying to shoot mostly AP. I do hate that it came without any manual so I'm spending a lot of time on the net watching tutorials hoping to get more comfortable before my Disney trip in November. Any advice for teaching an old dog new tricks :rolleyes1

It's an a6000 with the 2 basic kit lenses plus I bought the 18-135. I loved that walk-around lens on my Canon but I'm not so sure about it on the Sony. I'm trying to shoot mostly AP. I do hate that it came without any manual so I'm spending a lot of time on the net watching tutorials hoping to get more comfortable before my Disney trip in November. Any advice for teaching an old dog new tricks :rolleyes1

Kathy,

You can download the manual here - plus it looks like this site has a lot of other good info. https://www.alphashooters.com/cameras/a6000/manual/

Feel free to ask any questions here - a lot of knowledge in this thread.

I shoot all primes so don't know much about zooms - it seems to me owning the 18-135 is a bit redundant if you have the other 2. If I went back to the A6XXX series I would consider buying the Sigma Primes. 16mm 1.4 I had and loved it and the 30mm 1.4 is a nice lens - would be great for dark rides.

P is for Pooh.

IMG_9890ed-2ed-XL.jpg

Q is for....
Kathy,

You can download the manual here - plus it looks like this site has a lot of other good info. https://www.alphashooters.com/cameras/a6000/manual/

Feel free to ask any questions here - a lot of knowledge in this thread.

I shoot all primes so don't know much about zooms - it seems to me owning the 18-135 is a bit redundant if you have the other 2. If I went back to the A6XXX series I would consider buying the Sigma Primes. 16mm 1.4 I had and loved it and the 30mm 1.4 is a nice lens - would be great for dark rides.

The 18-135 is a much better lens than the 16-50 and 55-210.
though for Disney, I like the 35/1.8 and 10-18.

Thanks for the links Chris and havoc315, I agree about the 18-135. Once I sell my Canon T6s and the various lenses I plan to buy some primes. And I will definitely ask more questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts