Photo sharing: Sony Alpha

zackiedawg

WEDway Peoplemover Rider
My first walk-through of Galaxy's Edge a few weeks ago - stormy day and clear night, so my shots range from daytime snaps of the Millenium Falcon area to some handheld night shots of the same. It is clearly a centerpiece of the land and a very impressive spot when you round the corner and see the full-scale ship parked surrounded by mountains - day or night, it's a neat sight. All taken with A6300 and 18-135mm lens:

• zackiedawg

WEDway Peoplemover Rider
    Here are some additional shots taken at blue hour/night around Galaxy's Edge - of other sections. All handheld with my A6300 as it was too hot for tripods and long exposures! I stuck with just one zoom lens (18-135mm) and higher ISOs:

• klmall

aka Kathy
    DIS Lifetime Sponsor
    What are you shooting?
    It's an a6000 with the 2 basic kit lenses plus I bought the 18-135. I loved that walk-around lens on my Canon but I'm not so sure about it on the Sony. I'm trying to shoot mostly AP. I do hate that it came without any manual so I'm spending a lot of time on the net watching tutorials hoping to get more comfortable before my Disney trip in November. Any advice for teaching an old dog new tricks :rolleyes1

fractal

DIS Veteran
    It's an a6000 with the 2 basic kit lenses plus I bought the 18-135. I loved that walk-around lens on my Canon but I'm not so sure about it on the Sony. I'm trying to shoot mostly AP. I do hate that it came without any manual so I'm spending a lot of time on the net watching tutorials hoping to get more comfortable before my Disney trip in November. Any advice for teaching an old dog new tricks :rolleyes1
    Kathy,

You can download the manual here - plus it looks like this site has a lot of other good info. https://www.alphashooters.com/cameras/a6000/manual/

Feel free to ask any questions here - a lot of knowledge in this thread.

I shoot all primes so don't know much about zooms - it seems to me owning the 18-135 is a bit redundant if you have the other 2. If I went back to the A6XXX series I would consider buying the Sigma Primes. 16mm 1.4 I had and loved it and the 30mm 1.4 is a nice lens - would be great for dark rides.

klmall

aka Kathy
    DIS Lifetime Sponsor
    P is for Pooh.

Q is for....
    Kathy,

You can download the manual here - plus it looks like this site has a lot of other good info. https://www.alphashooters.com/cameras/a6000/manual/

Feel free to ask any questions here - a lot of knowledge in this thread.

I shoot all primes so don't know much about zooms - it seems to me owning the 18-135 is a bit redundant if you have the other 2. If I went back to the A6XXX series I would consider buying the Sigma Primes. 16mm 1.4 I had and loved it and the 30mm 1.4 is a nice lens - would be great for dark rides.
    The 18-135 is a much better lens than the 16-50 and 55-210.
    though for Disney, I like the 35/1.8 and 10-18.
    Thanks for the links Chris and havoc315, I agree about the 18-135. Once I sell my Canon T6s and the various lenses I plan to buy some primes. And I will definitely ask more questions.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates