Photo sharing: Sony Alpha

steery1

DIS Veteran
Heres a few shots from the Sony Alpha DSLR taken recently...................

DN having some pool fun...................
160994043-L.jpg

DS "bouncing"....................
160993921-L.jpg

Another "bounce"...............
160993711-L.jpg

DS and DN...................
160994052-L.jpg

Happy feet!..........................
160994044-L.jpg

Not a happy bunny....................
160993972-L.jpg

Nice shots, steery1; keep 'em coming. The Alpha looks like a really capable camera!

~YEKCIM

Nice pics of the children, you really capture an afternoon of fun and sun.

I'm a newbie so may not know what i'm talking about? Did you photoshop the bouncing photos? because to my untrained eyes, they appear to be photoshoped. But I also know that Sony has in-camera IS, so maybe that's from the IS, which I have no experience.

Sue

Nice pics of the children, you really capture an afternoon of fun and sun.

I'm a newbie so may not know what i'm talking about? Did you photoshop the bouncing photos? because to my untrained eyes, they appear to be photoshoped. But I also know that Sony has in-camera IS, so maybe that's from the IS, which I have no experience.

Sue

The bouncing shots have been cropped a little and some colour sat. adjustment and sharpening. Im not very good at PP. (As you were able to see) Its something I would really like to learn about though. :)
:)

These are some of the first pictures from my new Sony Alpha, I would like to see others also:

My neighbor's Peony bloomed for the first time... Ever, just so I could get this shot:
DSC00358c(Medium).JPG

During my recent work trip to Tucson, AZ I visited Trail Dust Town:
DSC00346(Medium).JPG

We are going to Disney World in a few weeks where I hope to get some good shots to share, maybe even some fireworks.

I think those are great pictures! :thumbsup2 Of course, you are my husband and I think that everything you do is great, especially giving me our upcoming trip to WDW/Polynesian concierge as an anniversary present! :laughing:

But seriously, I'm really happy to see how much you've been enjoying your new camera and all the research you've been doing. The picture that you took of our neighbor's lone peony flower is great, and I know you'd barely had the camera out of the package when you were asked to take that photo. :3dglasses

I know you'll get some excellent shots on our WDW trip. As you know, I've never been able to get even a decent shot of the fireworks from our balcony, let alone a good one! So now I'm looking to you to get us some great fireworks-over-the-castle shots for my website! Not to say that the pressure is on or anything.... lol

Here are a few more pictures taken at a local park today while trying out a new polarizing filter:

Caught this bee in the act:
DSC01286(Medium).jpg

DSC01219(Medium).jpg

DSC01255(Medium).jpg

DSC01246(Medium).jpg

DSC01212(Medium).jpg

Here are some pictures of our recent stay at the Polynesian Resort. This was our first trip with the new camera.

This is the Hawaii building where we stayed on the third floor (Cropped top and bottom and Resized only):
Hawaii.jpg

The flowers are everywhere on the grounds (Resized only):
DSC01790.jpg

And, they come in all different colors (Resized only):
DSC01807.jpg

The lightning arrestors look cool (Resized only):
DSC02395.jpg

A casual castle shot for reference (Resized only):
DSC02445.jpg

And here is a bird we do not see every day in New England (Resized only):
DSC02453.jpg

This popcorn cart caught my eye as we left the Magic Kingdom (Resized only):
DSC02458.jpg

My wife and I won a Tiki drummer at an event we attended in VIP Lounge at the living seas pavillion, here is a picture of it in the Tiki room (Resized only):
DSC02436.jpg

The Polynesian resort has so many eye catching views (Resized only):
DSC02388.jpg

Another view at the Polynesian Resort (Resized only):
DSC01950.jpg

The Contemporary Resort as viewed from the resort launch (Resized only):
DSC01570.jpg

A view from the airplane as we flew over Florida (Resized only):
DSC01535.jpg

Nice shots. One of the things I've always read about the Alpha is that it does colors very well. Your pictures certainly reflect that. Nice job.

Also, in post #3, the little stone building that you photographed. Where is that? It looks familar, but I can't place it.

Nice shots. One of the things I've always read about the Alpha is that it does colors very well. Your pictures certainly reflect that. Nice job.

Also, in post #3, the little stone building that you photographed. Where is that? It looks familar, but I can't place it.

Thanks, I have been very pleased with the colors from the Sony. I used to like the colors on our Olympus C-740, but this camera seems even better when compared side by side.

The stone building is in a small park in the center of West Bridgewater, MA. We've lived in this town for over 10 years and that was the first time we actually took a walk through the park.

It might only be us two to fly the flag for the Alpha, but heres some of my favourites from our July trip to Orlando..............................

Animal Kingdom
180388537-L.jpg

Animal Kingdom rain
180388534-L.jpg

Animal Kingdom Lodge lobby
180388093-L.jpg

Wishes - f6.3, 1.6 sec, ISO 2OO
180389081-L.jpg

Wishes - f6.3, 1/10 sec, ISO 200
180389494-L.jpg

Universal Studios
180393759-L.jpg

179406423-L.jpg

Disney MGM Studios
180390492-L.jpg

EPCOT
180393066-L.jpg

It might only be us two to fly the flag for the Alpha, but heres some of my favourites from our July trip to Orlando..............................

Wow, some awesome shots! Glad to have another poster.

The Animal Kingdom Lodge in B&W really shows the details they put into it.

Thanks, I have been very pleased with the colors from the Sony. I used to like the colors on our Olympus C-740, but this camera seems even better when compared side by side.

The stone building is in a small park in the center of West Bridgewater, MA. We've lived in this town for over 10 years and that was the first time we actually took a walk through the park.

wow, I wouldn't have guessed W Bridgewater. Concord or Plymouth or another historical area is what I would have guessed. Though I think I know where it may be (the building that is). W Bridgewater is pretty small and I do know the area. I had a friend who grew up there and I dated a girl who at the time lived in Bridgewater. I'm from closer to the Cape, but now live Northwest of Boston. Though I do travel RT24 5 days a week for work.

I'll have to check it out one of these days.

wow, I wouldn't have guessed W Bridgewater. Concord or Plymouth or another historical area is what I would have guessed. Though I think I know where it may be (the building that is). W Bridgewater is pretty small and I do know the area. I had a friend who grew up there and I dated a girl who at the time lived in Bridgewater. I'm from closer to the Cape, but now live Northwest of Boston. Though I do travel RT24 5 days a week for work.

I'll have to check it out one of these days.

Hi, I'm CapeCAD's wife and I just wanted to give you the info about the park :) It actually IS an historic site, we read the plaques in the park and were pretty impressed! lol

One plaque on a HUGE flat stone reads:

The land of this park was bought in 1649 from the Massasoit Indians by Myles Standish and others as part of the Bridgewater Purchase and allotted to John Ames as original shareholder and settler.

And here before the Revolutionary War the fourth inheritor Captain John Ames began the manufacture of shovels with a triple-hammer set on this stone.

The entire park is an historic site and you can see where the dwellings and other buildings used to stand, as well as waterways, ovens built into stone walls, etc. VERY neat! :)

great shots! I have this camera as well and I LOVE it. here are some of my pictures with it. maggie

ps: the fish and wildlife person was holding the baby turtles not people in the turtle troup. :)

baby5closeup.jpg

snailwoodchips.jpg

cutelizard.jpg

babyturtles5blackandwhite.jpg

babyturtles4blackandwhite.jpg

babybird10.jpg

great shots! I have this camera as well and I LOVE it. here are some of my pictures with it. maggie

ps: the fish and wildlife person was holding the baby turtles not people in the turtle troup. :)

GREAT pictures, Maggie! Where were they taken??

We took pics of the same type of lizard with the red neck/throat, just a few days ago at the Polynesian resort. :)

thanks. :) the baby birds were morning doves that were in my backyard and the snail, lizard and turtles were down at vero beach 2 weeks ago. dd thought I was a little crazy taking pictures of the snail and the lizard. :) I took another one of a smaller snail on the fence, I'll have to find it. maggie

Hi, I'm CapeCAD's wife and I just wanted to give you the info about the park :) It actually IS an historic site, we read the plaques in the park and were pretty impressed! lol

One plaque on a HUGE flat stone reads:

The land of this park was bought in 1649 from the Massasoit Indians by Myles Standish and others as part of the Bridgewater Purchase and allotted to John Ames as original shareholder and settler.

And here before the Revolutionary War the fourth inheritor Captain John Ames began the manufacture of shovels with a triple-hammer set on this stone.

The entire park is an historic site and you can see where the dwellings and other buildings used to stand, as well as waterways, ovens built into stone walls, etc. VERY neat! :)

Does sound pretty cool. Great info.

Just with all the historic area's in Mass, the last place you think of is West Bridgewater. When I think of West Bridgewater its The Charlie Horse that comes to mind. But then again, that goes back to my historic drinking days when I was a 20 something. ;) :eek: :rolleyes1 :rolleyes:

Maggie pointed this thread out to me. These are some AWESOME photos!! :teeth: And those night shots!?!?!?!? They look like the ones Disney puts out!

My husband has alpha-envy...he was looking over my shoulder at the photos & said "You only let me spend $400 on my camera!" :lmao: He has the Sony DSCH-1 and how much he spent was entirely his decision, not mine! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts