Photo Traditions at WDW =0)

Baloo

<font color="red"><br>Laughter is the bloom<br>of
Hello!

I noticed several of our posters here have little bitty children that they are taking to WDW maybe for the first time this year.And believe me if you go once,even if you think this is a once in a lifetime trip...somehow you'll make it back!! That happened to me when I took my first trip over 12 years ago! Now we're lucky enough to go back at least once a year.

A fun thing to do is to take a picture somewhere in a park that your REALLY like and something that's going to be there forever and do it every trip.Like a fountain somewhere or one of the EPCOT pavillions.Everytime you visist WDW take a photo in the same place and you can see your child and your life grow and change.

On my first trip to WDW it was only me and my now ex husband. He' s from German decent so he wanted his picture taken in front of St George slewing the dragon in Germany in EPCOT.From there after a picture was taken with St George on our trips.I have them of my son Erich on 1st time at WDW at 6 mths old,with his dad and on several visit after that.Then just Erich on the trips we took after I seperated/divorced and now with Erich's step brother Jonathan. I got them all out one day and it was amazing to see Erich grow and see our life change right in front of my eyes!

WDW property is filled with wonderful photo -op places.It doesn't matter if this is your 1st trip or your 5oth....it's not too late to start a photo tradition. I hope you find GREAT place of your own!

Have fun!

I think that is a wonderful idea. We take lots of pics at WDW but it a great idea for a family photo in the same place.

We have only taken our kids down to WDW twice now and each time we got our photos taken with Mickey and Minnie in AK. I didn't realize but the girls now see it as a tradition and they have told us we need to get it done again on our next trip. :D

Four from WDW, and one from last fall's visit to DL. They
cover a 4 year span so far.

We have him do the "look ma, no hands!" pose each
time, as that was what he was doing in the first
photo we took. We have them lined up in an album,
so it is fun to see him get bigger as the teacup seems
to get smaller.

We have made an inadvertant tradition out of taking a picture of DH and DS outside the Ice Station Cool in Epcot with the fountain in the background. This year we will have DH and 2 DS's in the picture!!

Ann

We make a tradition of having our photo taken with the whole family (sometimes just our immediate crew and other times with extended family) at the entrance of one of the parks with a Disney photog. We rotate the parks and have a collage on the wall in our family room. It is really neat to see how everyone has grown over the years! Last year we even did matching T shirts!:p

Our photo is usually taken on Main Street in front of the Castle. It's amazing to see the changes from year to year of not only our kids but my hubby and me too.

We started this back in 1996 when our kids were 9 and 6. They are now 15 and 12. This year will be our fourth photo to add to our collection.

Last year was our DD's first trip and we took a family photo sitting on the metal Mickey ear thingy outside of CR near the boat dock. I hope it stays there so we can get one this year and in the years to come. This year instead of three, there will be four of us on it. Well, technically there were four of us there last year too!

I know this isn't totally on topic but I thought I would ask here before I created a thread of my own. Does anyone know if Disney has a place to get old fashion clothes and have an old fashion style photo taken. If there is one where is it? Thanks.

No not that I know of but I'll tell ya another picture thing we always do.Disney souvenir shops,especially the ones in WS in EPCOT,are loaded with different sorts of hats.We always have a great time trying them on and taking pictures.Last trip Joe and Jonathan went on Alien Encounter while Erich and I waited for them in the shop where they come off the ride.They had DOZENS of silly hats and funky wigs! We probably took a half a roll of film just in that one place!! :jester:

Dh used to take a picture of me on the bench in front of the flower cart on one of the sidestreets off Mainstreet in the MK. They filled in the street :( and now it is part of the Emporium filled with more of the same stuff.
Now that we have DD, she will have her picture taken with Pooh each trip. I don't think he is going anywhere ;)

This is such a great idea! We started the tradition by taking my great-niece's picture in on Main Street next to the cigar store indian. We've done it at 7 months, 12 months, 1 1/2, 2 1/2, and almost 3. The first photo we had to hold her hands to get her standing!!

We have always did our family pic on the bench with Walt , in the courtyard area at the end (entrance end) of Main street. The castle is in the background and we are there visiting Walt in spirit anyway. I could see no finer place to take a family pic.

Also we always drive down so we stop at the WDW welcome center and take my dd pic in front of the giant Minnie. Boy has she grown a lot (my dd not Minnie:jester: ):)

...that became so, without thinking it would happen.

When we went with our then "only" child, he was three, it was August, hot and miserable, crowded(note to self, NEVER go in AUGUST!)..anyway,
We were in WS,EPCOT, when me and the mom just couldnt go any more...we had just gone thru Canada...the area outside with the waterfall and themeing of the great outdoors......our son wanted to get oout of the stroller.
Well, at the exitway, he decided it was time to picnic.....so he used all of his imagination, and started to make us a picnic with anything we wanted to eat....I decided it was too cute to pass up, and started filming.FAST FORWARD 4 YEARS.

We are now with our daughter, who will be turning 5 when we go....so we pull out the videotape, and show her how her brother had fun at Disney, and then, on came the picnic...well, it was cuter and funnier than we remebered, so I told my son, that he forgot to finish the picnic(we never did get to eat back at the original picnic)...so, when we arrived, we made my son purposely continue this picnic(and you know what, not only was the food still there, but it was still good, I think:confused: ...you see, he still hasnt given us one bit of food..hes still busy putting it all out.

FAST FORWARD TO THIS MAY....If you happen to be in the Canada pavillion, and see a small group of people, waiting for an imaginary picnic to be served...well..that will be us.

My intentional hope is that this picnic never finishes, and as our family grows, we will all continue to go back and have our picnic!

So....hows that for a tradition??:smooth:

Ours isn't as imaginative as some of yours, but we always have a family picture taken at Mickey and Me in Downtown Disney. That way we are sure to get a nice shot of everybody with Mickey and a mural of the castle in the background. Then we buy one of the nice wooden frames with mickey icons on it to put it in.

tbear that's a really cute story and a fun tradition.Since you're in Canada and "eating"I do recommened getting areal Beavertail for dessert tho! :)MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

We do LOTS of Disney pictures - but the two that have become real traditions are of my 3 girls

1. Hanging off of the Rainforest Cafe sign in AK - just in one year - you can see how much my girls have grown! - Also, Grammy had our picture hanging on her fridge - when my SIL went down with her 2 kids - they had to have their picture taken just like their cousins!

2. The LAST monorail ride of the trip - we always end our trips with a last AM in MK - as our plane takes off from MCO at 3 pm. We stay at the CR - so we do a few last hurrahs - and head out of MK at around 12 pm - We always take our last shot of the 3 girls right in front of the metal fence - as we are waiting to get on - not the best background - but it has given us the best shots yet! They always have their favorite thing of the week with them - Jennie's pins, Sarah's stuffed Rajah, and Amanda's hat for this trip - and every time - you can see the magic reflecting in their eyes!

We also always take a picture of MY DD's next to the cigar store Indian. It's amazing how they grow from year to year. My DD6 reminded me this time to take the picture. I guess she get's as big of a kick out of it as I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter