Photo with the castle?

OldSchoolReasons

DIS Veteran
Hey all,

I know the castle is partially obscured by construction walls at the moment, is it still possible to get a photo? I've managed it with every park and it'd be a shame to miss out.

Untitled.jpg

P1kMrtj.jpg

This is what it looks like from up close in December. The Christmas stage covered the bottom part which is surrounded by fencing. Without the stage, it will probably look like this

1518290048_HKMSG_Hong_Kong_Disneyland_Fantasyland_Castle_Transformation_Construction_180202_1.png

I don't know if more advance work has started which could cover up more parts of the castle.

You can try to take a photo in front of the hub stage but depending on the day you go, there may be cranes/scaffolding around the castle. There's also Castle Photomagic near Art of Animation where you can pay to take a photo in front of a green screen and they will add the castle and some Magic in digitally.

Amazing! It looks better than the TDR Explorer video I saw from early-November. I don't mind If there's some green walls as it time stamps the picture nicely - will never forget it was 2019!

Also the green screen idea is amazing and I'm going to definitely do that for an expectations / reality post.

We were there last Spring and it was completely blocked off. We'll have done every park after a trip this April to DLP, so we won't have a good castle picture from each park, unfortunately. Excited to see the new HKDL castle, when it's completed, though!!

We were there last Spring and it was completely blocked off. We'll have done every park after a trip this April to DLP, so we won't have a good castle picture from each park, unfortunately. Excited to see the new HKDL castle, when it's completed, though!!
Eurgh that's a let down. This nearly happened to me in California last year but they took the walls down a week before I arrived (they were up on Main Street though!)

I can't wait to see what it ends up looking like, might just need an excuse to swing back by! I did say WDW was a once in a lifetime trip and now I've been twice in 5 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!