Photopass - Expedition Everest - remove border?

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
My friend went on Expedition Everest a few weeks ago. The Photopass photo has a red sign on the left side (Himalayan Escapes Tours & Expeditions) and a Passenger Ticket underneath that.

He also went on Tower of Terror. The Photopass photo has a We Dropped In the Hollywood Tower Hotel border around it.

He asked me to send him the photos without the borders. I did not add the borders. Is there a way to remove them?

Nope. That's the new way they do the photos. Those are not stickers or borders that are added via edit in Photopass so you can't remove them. All the ride photos come with enhancements now

Nope. That's the new way they do the photos. Those are not stickers or borders that are added via edit in Photopass so you can't remove them. All the ride photos come with enhancements now

Thank you.

When we were there a few weeks ago the Buzz, Splash and FEA pics were still the old way. SDMT is the new way.

When we were there a few weeks ago the Buzz, Splash and FEA pics were still the old way. SDMT is the new way.
Splash and FEA are new way now. Over this past weekend we rode
Splash, FEA, ToT, RnR, EE, Dinosaur, 7DMT and all of them had the overlay applied as part of the Photopass photo, not something that can be removed
We didn't ride Buzz or Space but something tells me they are new way too

Splash and FEA are new way now. Over this past weekend we rode
Splash, FEA, ToT, RnR, EE, Dinosaur, 7DMT and all of them had the overlay applied as part of the Photopass photo, not something that can be removed
We didn't ride Buzz or Space but something tells me they are new way too

Bums me out :( We were in the back row on FEA and I couldn't even add the normal border without losing half of my friend. And the Test Track one is so busy it is like the actual picture is an afterthought.

We were just there a couple of weeks ago and didn't have this~ I could see how it would be a cool enhancement but it should be a choice.
Does anyone have any photos of the examples they are willing to share?

If you or someone you know is handy with photoshop and the enhancements aren’t over people, those types of things can often be easily removed with the stamp tool or crop (for borders). If the enhance is too close to the people you want in the picture you may be stuck.

Really not sure why Disney would want to do this. They offer the enhancements for guests to add (which I think is great), why force it?

Bums me out :( We were in the back row on FEA and I couldn't even add the normal border without losing half of my friend. And the Test Track one is so busy it is like the actual picture is an afterthought.
Yeah, DGD is blocked by the FEA border.

If you or someone you know is handy with photoshop and the enhancements aren’t over people, those types of things can often be easily removed with the stamp tool or crop (for borders). If the enhance is too close to the people you want in the picture you may be stuck.

Really not sure why Disney would want to do this. They offer the enhancements for guests to add (which I think is great), why force it?
We were just there a couple of weeks ago and didn't have this~ I could see how it would be a cool enhancement but it should be a choice.
Does anyone have any photos of the examples they are willing to share?
Sure. These are the only ride photo rides we did last weekend. But seeing how all of them had the borders included I'm going with the assumption that all ride photos will have them now.
I like them and think they are fun and creative but do think they need to adjust the FEA one so it doesn't block anyone in the ride.

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8200948792.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_8200075938.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8200824974.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_8199641509.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8200289197.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_8199822015.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8200280714.jpeg

Sure. These are the only ride photo rides we did last weekend. But seeing how all of them had the borders included I'm going with the assumption that all ride photos will have them now.
I like them and think they are fun and creative but do think they need to adjust the FEA one so it doesn't block anyone in the ride.

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8200948792.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_8200075938.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8200824974.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_8199641509.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8200289197.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_8199822015.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8200280714.jpeg

I take it back. I was thinking they would be pretty similar to the ones you add yourself. Most of these would be challenging to remove. I like them (especially since I think most ride photos are boring) but I could definitely see people preferring to just have the plain picture.

I take it back. I was thinking they would be pretty similar to the ones you add yourself. Most of these would be challenging to remove. I like them (especially since I think most ride photos are boring) but I could definitely see people preferring to just have the plain picture.
See, I'm totally the opposite with ride photos only at least. I never wanted them before. They were boring and typically horrible photos that I never downloaded from any of our trips. These are the first ones I've ever wanted to keep. Except for the FEA one since DGD is blocked. I want plain photos for the posed shots, and I'll add my choices for borders, but only these enhanced photos for ride photos.

I really love the RnR one

I called Photopass at 407-560-4300 (9:00 am to 9:00pm, presumably Eastern time) and asked if these borders can be removed. The guy said, "We can't remove them." I politely said that if he could pass on feedback, we don't like them.

If you have thoughts (hate them, like them but they're covering up our family, etc.) you might want to call and give them your feedback.

I called Photopass at 407-560-4300 (9:00 am to 9:00pm, presumably Eastern time) and asked if these borders can be removed. The guy said, "We can't remove them." I politely said that if he could pass on feedback, we don't like them.

If you have thoughts (hate them, like them but they're covering up our family, etc.) you might want to call and give them your feedback.
I honestly never imagined anyone wouldn't like them, seeing how they don't block people (except rare cases)
I sure hope complaints don't ruin them. Even if the majority love them those who like something rarely take time to say they like it but those who don't like something are always the most vocal. That's never going to change. People who are happy don't stop to say "I'm happy", they say nothing. Nothing equates happy for whatever reason. I'll let them know we like them but I'll remain a minority to speak up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter