Photopass - Expedition Everest - remove border?

I am not nearly as photogenic as you are, @AngiTN
LOL! I'm not so sure about that. Funniest thing is, as many times as I do a ride I can never, ever remember where a photo spot is. At least in most, it's easy on RnR since it's the launch. So I never pose for a photo. I love how others do though, and always get a kick when others in my photos do pose, like the guys in the Dino ride did. DH did a fun pose on RnR for a change, we are not usually the posing family.

Are you able to edit the photos at all in photopass? To zoom in or anything so that you don’t have to have the strangers in the picture with you on some of these rides? We won’t always be filling up a vehicle..

Are you able to edit the photos at all in photopass? To zoom in or anything so that you don’t have to have the strangers in the picture with you on some of these rides? We won’t always be filling up a vehicle..
I'll check and let you know

No, you can't really zoom in. The border and photo portion are one image, not separate like a border you add in Photopass edit. If you zoom in, your zoom includes the overlay part too.

See this example of where I zoomed in on our Splash photo. It works but this method wouldn't work on all the borders, some would look off or incomplete. I was thinking, this would look good with the date at the bottom. But of course, the Photopass tagging issue wouldn't let me add the date to this photo, it's not an option. Which annoys the stew out of me. I have always said they should allow all borders and stickers to go on all photos. Why limit some to certain photos is beyond me.

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_410138496627.jpeg

Last edited:

That's what I think - you have the option of adding borders if you like, so keep it as an option.
But the borders they have are not the same and they never give you all the options available for all photos. They've never fixed that problem with the photo pass site and I don't think they ever will. I'm guessing these particular borders are too complex for photopass site or something

I honestly never imagined anyone wouldn't like them, seeing how they don't block people (except rare cases)
I sure hope complaints don't ruin them. Even if the majority love them those who like something rarely take time to say they like it but those who don't like something are always the most vocal. That's never going to change. People who are happy don't stop to say "I'm happy", they say nothing. Nothing equates happy for whatever reason. I'll let them know we like them but I'll remain a minority to speak up.

But imagine going time after time and having those same borders over and over. It would get boring.

They should fix it so they are choices.

Thanks AngiTN...I do like these borders MUCH better than the tired ones from the last decade +, but I do wish that the were not part of the photo so that you could move the photo around within the frame or crop out people you don’t want to see...

AngiTN - it frosts my cookies that they continue to be restrictive with the borders and stickers - the ones I want to use are never paired with the photos I want! I do think one time I called photopass and requested that they be added/tagged to allow certain ones to show up though...

Personally, I love the new borders, but I also (as several of you folks have mentioned) don't understand why they would not offer the option of omitting them. I agree with firefly above - I think it makes the photo more of a souvenir than just having the plain old ride photo. I rarely have purchased ride photos, but this may make me more likely to do so.

Personally, I love the new borders, but I also (as several of you folks have mentioned) don't understand why they would not offer the option of omitting them. I agree with firefly above - I think it makes the photo more of a souvenir than just having the plain old ride photo. I rarely have purchased ride photos, but this may make me more likely to do so.
Me too. And even with the same border each time, the photo of me will change each time so I'd still download each one (or purchase if we weren't AP). I mean, even if the photo were plain, without any border and I were to add their choice of border, they only give 1, or 2 choices, so they are the same each time too. At least these are much more creative choices. If my choices are plain or these, I like these way more. I don't want plain.

See, I'm totally the opposite with ride photos only at least. I never wanted them before. They were boring and typically horrible photos that I never downloaded from any of our trips. These are the first ones I've ever wanted to keep. Except for the FEA one since DGD is blocked. I want plain photos for the posed shots, and I'll add my choices for borders, but only these enhanced photos for ride photos.

I really love the RnR one

You and I are totally on the same page. I like them and I prefer them to boring plain ride photos. My DH on the other hand would not like these because when you print them out the faces will be small (face size and having a giant smile seem to be his only criteria for judging pictures - drives me nuts). That said, a couple of your pictures have poor exposure (common on ride photos) and nothing highlights that better than putting a nice contrast-y border. It’s like nails on a chalkboard to me. Having the border on it means you can’t fix that easily. I’d love it if they could make the border optional so you could fix exposure first, move the border around to avoid blocking people, etc (would be totally doable in the website - maybe not in the app). Or at least provide both pictures as the default approach. The picture with the border and the one without. That should be easily doable for Disney.

You and I are totally on the same page. I like them and I prefer them to boring plain ride photos. My DH on the other hand would not like these because when you print them out the faces will be small (face size and having a giant smile seem to be his only criteria for judging pictures - drives me nuts). That said, a couple of your pictures have poor exposure (common on ride photos) and nothing highlights that better than putting a nice contrast-y border. It’s like nails on a chalkboard to me. Having the border on it means you can’t fix that easily. I’d love it if they could make the border optional so you could fix exposure first, move the border around to avoid blocking people, etc (would be totally doable in the website - maybe not in the app). Or at least provide both pictures as the default approach. The picture with the border and the one without. That should be easily doable for Disney.
I can't imagine ride photos are ever excellently focused or exposed photos. Are they? Are they even intended to be? I mean, by nature they are action shots in an area that is not well let, not even an area designed to be photographed.

Love that one too. From the looks of it, there is no danger of it ever covering anyone in the car. I'm good with any of those. That border is always going to be a better choice than a plain photo. If only there was a way to add the date. Due to their stupid option limitation I couldn't even put a date sticker on mine. And that has nothing to do with their new overlays, that's how they've always done the border and sticker system. For a reason I fail to ever understand.

I can't imagine ride photos are ever excellently focused or exposed photos. Are they? Are they even intended to be? I mean, by nature they are action shots in an area that is not well let, not even an area designed to be photographed.

Of your pictures they’re all good quality (for a ride photo) except for EE and Splash. RNR is kind of on the border of what I would deem acceptable (totally subjective of course). I’d fix those 3 before putting them in a photo book or printing them (if they were plain photos, not so easy with the borders). They don’t need to be perfect, artistic quality photos but if they fall too low on the quality scale they start to drive me nuts.

Of your pictures they’re all good quality (for a ride photo) except for EE and Splash. RNR is kind of on the border of what I would deem acceptable (totally subjective of course). I’d fix those 3 before putting them in a photo book or printing them (if they were plain photos, not so easy with the borders). They don’t need to be perfect, artistic quality photos but if they fall too low on the quality scale they start to drive me nuts.
Ah, see, I don't even know how to fix them. Not in Photopass anyway. Maybe I could figure it out in an editing software but couldn't you still do that?

Ah, see, I don't even know how to fix them. Not in Photopass anyway. Maybe I could figure it out in an editing software but couldn't you still do that?

I don’t know if you can do much in photopass. I download them, fix exposure and focus issues in Gimp (which is a free version of Photoshop). If the border is already on, trying to fix the picture will make the border look bad. I do think the simplest solution to make everyone happy would be to automatically provide both pictures. Last year I got 5 versions of every ride photo (one for each MB). What’s one more? :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter