Photopass photos in the Photo Book (now at ezprints site)

lovetogowdw

Mouseketeer
For many WDW visits in the past we've had the Photopass photographers take lots of photos that we then put into a calendar, using the Disney Photopass site. (So for about $25 we could get lots of Photopass photos without purchasing Memory Maker.) But . . . it looks like they've now outsourced the calendar, ornaments, photo book, etc. completely to a 3rd party. And that third party has taken away many, many, many of the options that we used to have on calendars. (There is only one choice per month for background and one set number of photos and position.) Since these choices are awful for us (I have boys and we went at Christmas, so I was hoping for the Toy Story Christmas themed page for the holidays to go with our trip photos, not Cinderella), I'm working on a photo book.

Still not as many options as they used to have inside the Disney version (when it was within Photopass), but with the photo book at least I can pick/choose backgrounds, borders, etc. (unlike with the calendar). Now I'm sanity checking, as all the pictures have "Photopass" emblazoned across them and we did not buy Memory Maker. When the album prints (from the ezprint site that MDE's Photopass takes you to for the photo book), the photos will not have the watermark, right?? I tried to call the number provided (after multiple links) and after a long wait it took a message and disconnected. No option to stay on the line and no one has called me back.

Reliving the trip through photos in a calendar used to be part of the magic. This third party/outsourced Disney experience hasn't been very magical, unfortunately. Anyone else done a photo book lately (since it was completely outsourced)? Did it turn out okay (no watermarks on the photos and good quality)?

I haven't purchased anything from Disney itself with regard to my pictures that we got with memory maker. I go to Walgreens. We made a poster of my son and husband on one of the Toy Story rides...my son loves it and its huge in his room! I used the pictures to make Christmas cards and collages too. They have been great!

If you did not pay for the photos, you will have “photopass” watermarks across them. You can buy them individually, or the memory maker.

For many WDW visits in the past we've had the Photopass photographers take lots of photos that we then put into a calendar, using the Disney Photopass site. (So for about $25 we could get lots of Photopass photos without purchasing Memory Maker.) But . . . it looks like they've now outsourced the calendar, ornaments, photo book, etc. completely to a 3rd party. And that third party has taken away many, many, many of the options that we used to have on calendars. (There is only one choice per month for background and one set number of photos and position.) Since these choices are awful for us (I have boys and we went at Christmas, so I was hoping for the Toy Story Christmas themed page for the holidays to go with our trip photos, not Cinderella), I'm working on a photo book.

Still not as many options as they used to have inside the Disney version (when it was within Photopass), but with the photo book at least I can pick/choose backgrounds, borders, etc. (unlike with the calendar). Now I'm sanity checking, as all the pictures have "Photopass" emblazoned across them and we did not buy Memory Maker. When the album prints (from the ezprint site that MDE's Photopass takes you to for the photo book), the photos will not have the watermark, right?? I tried to call the number provided (after multiple links) and after a long wait it took a message and disconnected. No option to stay on the line and no one has called me back.

Reliving the trip through photos in a calendar used to be part of the magic. This third party/outsourced Disney experience hasn't been very magical, unfortunately. Anyone else done a photo book lately (since it was completely outsourced)? Did it turn out okay (no watermarks on the photos and good quality)?

Hi! I’m looking for this exact same answer- did you happen to find out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter