Photopass USB instead of CD

rdefensor

Earning My Ears
Can you get a USB of all your photos instead of a CD? Better yet, can they just give you download access from the cloud?

... who has a cd rom nowadays anyways...

I agree and have given that feedback the last several years with no changes as of our last visit in April 2018. We return next April and hope they have changed. I do think I could get to some of the pictures online (cloud) but can’t recall for sure, maybe my husband just uploaded them from work or something because we have them in Dropbox now. DCL does usb why can’t Aulani?

My last trip was spring break 2018. only a CD then. I agree. Its a ridiculous archaic system

So I asked at the gift shop tonight if the site is down because the card you get says go to DisneyAulani.com/PhotoPass to access your pics but every time I do that I am redirected to the Disneyland site. So the cast member tells me, yeah, it only works on a computer. Not on phones or tablets.

He also told me it is $99 for the disk here on site, but should only be $80 once I get home and just want to download. But you don’t get the stock photos if you do that. We’ll see if that works when I get home next week!

So I asked at the gift shop tonight if the site is down because the card you get says go to DisneyAulani.com/PhotoPass to access your pics but every time I do that I am redirected to the Disneyland site. So the cast member tells me, yeah, it only works on a computer. Not on phones or tablets.

He also told me it is $99 for the disk here on site, but should only be $80 once I get home and just want to download. But you don’t get the stock photos if you do that. We’ll see if that works when I get home next week!

I found the same thing when I was there earlier this month. If you have the Disneyland app, you can view the photos and buy individual photos, but I didn't see the option to buy all for one price until I logged onto the disneyland site. It was $78 to download all pictures taken within one week.

Just got back so they told me that the reason they don’t do USB is because of security issues with USBs.

Also if you purchase the photo dining packages, they can’t be downloaded online so I ended up buying the CD...

Not that USB drives are very expensive, but they are much more expensive in comparison to a CD. A CD is probably costing them a few pennies. Even at one dollar, a flash drive would be significantly more expensive.

It seems like a drop in the bucket to their bottom line, but Disney does love their money.

I would supply the USB if they would do that. Most computers these days don't have CD option

We were given a CD in April. I still haven't figured out how to view it as I don't have a CD-rom on any of my devices.

I found the same thing when I was there earlier this month. If you have the Disneyland app, you can view the photos and buy individual photos, but I didn't see the option to buy all for one price until I logged onto the disneyland site. It was $78 to download all pictures taken within one week.
Yep, I was finally able to enter the number from the card at the Disneyland site and now I can see my pics. We didn't get many taken, so it is close to a wash if I just get the few I want vs. the $78 for all. So I will prob just pay the $78, lol.

USBs can be preloaded with all kinds of nasty trojans/viruses, and since disney's systems are all linked...it would be too profitable of a target for any hacker group to ignore (free tickets/reservations...or more malicious stuff like cancelling people's reservations just for "fun") especially since the park systems are linked to photopass.

while most (probably the vast majority) wouldn't intentionally try to give disney an infected usb stick...it only takes 1. if they ordered them in bulk it becomes easier for someone to slip an infected one into a huge batch with minimal risk...and having to scan them all would become boring and repetitive...i.e. at some point whoever is scanning them wouldn't be paying enough attention (or some nasty machine code level bug, or zero day exploit could simply avoid detection).

would be nice to think disney doesn't have stuff like that happen...but theres people who do the whole "I wasn't finished and that cm just took my plate and threw it away" bit to get free food, or the people who wait till a car with authorized parking leaves the aulani parking lot...have a friend/etc. hold the gate open and a bunch of people drive through.

sd cards would be similarly problematic, downloads from the website is probably the best option as usb sticks may eventually become like cds...no place to plug them into a computer. (bluetooth or similar tech may eliminate the need to plug things in at some point)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!