pick a pearl setting

I was wondering if anyone had used the carriage cages from Etsy? From reading some old posts it seems people had trouble with cages from Ebay not being able to hold a larger pearl, but the Etsy ones say they will hold a 10mm pearl. How about the quality. I would like to get these for my girls, but they are only 6 & 3 so I don't want to spend a fortune, but I don't want them to turn green either!

I was wondering if anyone had used the carriage cages from Etsy? From reading some old posts it seems people had trouble with cages from Ebay not being able to hold a larger pearl, but the Etsy ones say they will hold a 10mm pearl. How about the quality. I would like to get these for my girls, but they are only 6 & 3 so I don't want to spend a fortune, but I don't want them to turn green either!

We have a carriage cage from Etsy from 2 years ago. I think those were the smaller ones. Thought I read that they redid the cages and they are bigger now. I think we got a 7mm pearl and it just fit.

Etsy carries the carriage too. You could visit your own local jewelry store for something too and just bring the necklace with you. If the pearl you pick does not fit, they will give you one that does.

I just finished reading through this thread. I think that this is now a must do for our family on our next visit.

I just bought two Cinderella carriages from Etsy. Super cute, and inexpensive (I didn't get the sterling silver, just the silver-plated, so they were something like $8 each). I can't wait to do this!

Sorry, I know this is a really old thread but I am wondering if anyone has some updated photographs of ring and earring settings?

DF surprised me with this on our last trip, it was SO much fun! They make a big show of it- really gathers a crowd. The pearl DF picked was the biggest one of the day. I wanted a ring, and I remember not being thrilled with the options, but there were a good number of settings to choose from. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a pic...

I wish I thought to take pics of all the settings, like ModernArtist said, maybe Google.

This thing was a pain to get a good pic of! Sorry it's so big.

ETA: this setting was $49

I saw someone had a princess crown one a few pages back. Do they still sell those? My gf is a huge princess fan and I know she would love that necklace

When my friends and I were at WDW in October we went to DTD to pick our pearls. The one friend and I have a tradition that when we go on vacation we pick a pearl (we did this in Vegas last March). I have always been told to pick the biggest and ugliest oyster. At DTD we got two different ones that fit our personalities perfectly. I wear gold and she always wears silver. Here is my pearl and setting (which the lady sold us on because she said that we were princesses):

a2a9247d.jpg
Does anyone know if this is still available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter