Picking up CDN Tickets at WDW

scrappinginontario

We are travelling soon and our tickets are part of the CDN Ticket discount.

What do we need to prove Canadian residency when we pick up our tickets? We normally travel using Nexus cards. Do we need to bring passports with us?

Thanks!

We are travelling soon and our tickets are part of the CDN Ticket discount.

What do we need to prove Canadian residency when we pick up our tickets? We normally travel using Nexus cards. Do we need to bring passports with us?

Thanks!

I scanned our passports and emailed them to myself. It was easy for me to pull the scans up on my phone to show the CM.

I scanned our passports and emailed them to myself. It was easy for me to pull the scans up on my phone to show the CM.
Thanks! Just confirming that you've already picked up your tickets using this method and didn't have any problems?

Normally we would head to Disney Springs and get them the night before except we don't fly in until the evening and have breakfast reservations at Be Our Guest at 8am the first day.

Did all of you need to be present in person to pick up the tickets? Wonder if my DD and I could head to DS the night we arrive and pick them up on behalf of us and my parents?

I used our Nexus cards in March without any issue at all. I got the impression the CMs were accustomed to seeing them.

I left our passports at the resort, and it was much easier to have the smaller Nexus cards with me for the day.

Thanks! Just confirming that you've already picked up your tickets using this method and didn't have any problems?

Normally we would head to Disney Springs and get them the night before except we don't fly in until the evening and have breakfast reservations at Be Our Guest at 8am the first day.

Did all of you need to be present in person to pick up the tickets? Wonder if my DD and I could head to DS the night we arrive and pick them up on behalf of us and my parents?

Correct, I used the scans of our passports to pick up our Canadian tickets at the IG last August. All 3 of us were present but I can't remember if they needed DH and DS to come up to the window or not. I *think* they did have to but I am not 100% certain.

Thanks everyone! We'll take our Nexus cards to Guest Services at the MK. Since we'll be there more than an hour before park opening I don't anticipate there being much of a line at GS.

Is it possible to validate the Canadian Tickets at Animal Kingdom guest services? We have family going to Disney next week, and their first park is Animal Kingdom.

The person above has me thinking about something. Do we still need to go to guest services to prove citizenship if our tickets are already linked to our MBs? We have tickets linked to our resort reservations that include our Canadian residency. We’ve booked FPs. Do we still need to go to guest services or will our tickets work since they’re already linked to our accounts and MBs?

The person above has me thinking about something. Do we still need to go to guest services to prove citizenship if our tickets are already linked to our MBs? We have tickets linked to our resort reservations that include our Canadian residency. We’ve booked FPs. Do we still need to go to guest services or will our tickets work since they’re already linked to our accounts and MBs?

asked the same question to CM at the resort. They went to to their supervisor and I was told they need to to be validated at guest services. The guest services CM asked for proof of residence. I had both passport and drivers license. Assume you could use either.

asked the same question to CM at the resort. They went to to their supervisor and I was told they need to to be validated at guest services. The guest services CM asked for proof of residence. I had both passport and drivers license. Assume you could use either.
Thank you!

It's odd that Disney accepts a passport as valid ID, given that a passport is not proof of residency, only citizenship, and the deal was advertised as being "for Canadian residents".

OP here with follow up on how pickup went...including s neat story!

We arrived at MK yesterday morning at 7:45 planning to quickly validate tickets at GS, have breakfast at BoG and ride SDMT before the park opened.

What I wasn’t prepared for was the huge line already at Guest Services 75 mins before park opening. Looking at the lines and the almost non-existent lines at the tap machine I decided to try to tap and go in and see what happened. As anticipated it turned blue and we were asked to head to GS to activate our tickets. We did this (were in line about 25 mins) and easily activated our tickets with our Nexus cards. We headed to BoG, enjoyed breakfast but did not have time to rise SDMT. Disappointed but that’s life.

Now the cool part! Just before we finished breakfast I received a text from Lisa of Disney Guest Experiences team . She said their system alerted them that I had had problems entering that park with my MB. She asked if everything was okay now and if I had any questions. I told her we were in and all was good. (I fought the inner battle to tell them we’d missed riding SDMT as in reality I had misjudged the crowd at GS that early in the morning.)

She wrote back and offered that since we were delayed entering the park she would like to offer us an additional anytime FP! Woot woot!! She made it for SDMT and we were able to show up anytime to use it!! So cool! We got to ride after all and, it was offered without me asking. Very happy with my first interaction with Disney’s Guest Experience team!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!