Picky eater - character meal- dining plan

heathjh

Mouseketeer
My husband is beyond the normal picky eater. When we have been to WDW on dining before, at some restaurants he was able to come sit and not order. At others he was charged a credit even though he didn’t eat at all. Does anyone know which of the table services charge a credit even if you don’t eat? My husband plans to take his credits to go eat at Le Cellier a few times by himself, but he also wants to be there with our daughter who is excited about character dining.

*yes I know Disney is accommodating on food. Unfortunately that doesn’t matter with my husband. He even had a chef (not Disney) offer to have him come back to prepare something with the chef in the kitchen. My husband wasn’t interested 🙄.

My husband plans to take his credits to go eat at Le Cellier a few times by himself, but he also wants to be there with our daughter who is excited about character dining.

All character dining is a either buffet or all-you-care-to-eat and EVERYONE will be charged a credit even if they eat nothing.

It sounds like she understands the fact that he will sometimes be charged even though he is not eating the food. She is just trying to make sure on the places that he will be charged at and places where he might end up with an extra credit if he doesn't want to eat. People that don't do Disney at the level that a lot of us on here go just don't have the knowledge base on what is what. I didn't see her complaining about the fact that he would be charged, just trying to clarify where that would happen.

Because she didn't. :D. I just empathize with her, and feel bad for her that he won't eat anything.
I understand that....yours was an actual helpful comment and seems you were trying to help. It just seemed like some of the comments were going to take this thread down the road of berating someone for trying to not pay for meals. I am just tired of people assuming the worst when someone asks a question.

I know he was charged at 1900 Park Fare. Not sure about Ohana. I’m thinking he was charged when there was a photo included. It’s been since 2014 since we were there last. Makes sense when there is a set price.

Yes it’s a shame he doesn’t eat all this wonderful food the rest of us does. We have been married 24 yrs.... I’m a tad used to it. Nice sometimes because he will just sit and have a lemonade and then it doesn’t cost as much 🤑. Also nice when kids were little because he could tend to the babies or toddlers during large family get togethers.

If you share your plans w us we can tell you where you will be charged

enjoy your vacation

I know he was charged at 1900 Park Fare. Not sure about Ohana. I’m thinking he was charged when there was a photo included. It’s been since 2014 since we were there last. Makes sense when there is a set price.

Yes it’s a shame he doesn’t eat all this wonderful food the rest of us does. We have been married 24 yrs.... I’m a tad used to it. Nice sometimes because he will just sit and have a lemonade and then it doesn’t cost as much 🤑. Also nice when kids were little because he could tend to the babies or toddlers during large family get togethers.

A good rule to follow is that if the price is fixed for any reason there will be a charge. That means all character meals and all buffets, or AYCTE meals. 'Ohana is one he will likely be charged,

I would make a list of the meals you want to schedule, figure out which ones he is willing to use a credit for in order to enjoy the children, and which ones he will sit out. I know he wants to use his credits for Le Cellier, but where else does he want to eat? I think you need to factor that in as well, because there are just so many credits, and using one for a meal he will not eat impacts how much teh ones he does enjoy will cost.

He does like the Character breakfasts. He mostly plans on eating pretzels, breakfast and a steak here or there. He somehow makes do. I have planned as many possible breakfasts as I can. We are dining with friends and I’m sure they want something besides breakfast. Lol.

I think that is a good standard about set price dining. I think we are over by a few credits. Oh well. It’s vacation right?!
Thanks everyone for the input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter