Pictorial Trip report on SSR -- Minnie Marathon Weekend

Keenercam, I hope you do not mind my copying your photo, but I am just sooooo excited!! He is finally FINISHED!!
This piece of art is called the Winners Circle and it was commissioned before SSR opened. It is beautiful!!

Thank you for posting and Congrats on the Marathon! You have inspired me because I am contemplating doing the 1/2 Ironman or Minnie next year.

Now I really can't wait to go home! :banana:

eefdc1f4.jpg

Wow, that is beautiful. Is that a permanent statue?

Liferbabe -- I am so glad you like the picture. I thought he was absolutely stunnnig! The mickey on his silks is beautiful, but the rose blanket with the DVC logo is truly wonderful.
Athenna- I am sorry I don't know the answer to your question. I just fell in love with the statue and didn't look for any information on it. Maybe another DVCer will know.

athenna said:
Wow, that is beautiful. Is that a permanent statue?

Athenna, don't you just love it?!!!! :cheer2:

Yes, he is SSR's Icon! Just like the Ariel statue at BCV, or the Mickey Topiary at VWL.

That exact spot may not be his permanent location, I believe he will go on the lawn where the big flowerpot sits next to the Port Corchere, but he will definitely stay at SSR!

I always thought it was strange that no one really talked about this statue here, but I have looked forward to it from the moment I saw the posting that it was commissioned and being worked on.

I will definitely look into this further in 2 weeks and my DS's will love it! :love:

LIFERBABE said:
Athenna, don't you just love it?!!!! :cheer2:

Yes, he is SSR's Icon! Just like the Ariel statue at BCV, or the Mickey Topiary at VWL.

That exact spot may not be his permanent location, I believe he will go on the lawn where the big flowerpot sits next to the Port Corchere, but he will definitely stay at SSR!

I always thought it was strange that no one really talked about this statue here, but I have looked forward to it from the moment I saw the posting that it was commissioned and being worked on.

I will definitely look into this further in 2 weeks and my DS's will love it! :love:

Wow, great! I didn't know anything about the statue!!!! I didn't hear about it at all. But it came out great :woohoo:
Can't wait to see it in Oct.

P1010048.jpg

DW congratulating the winner.

Maybe we should start a "name that horse" contest. "DVSea Biscuit" might work. Just like the horse, SSR has turned into an unexpected winner.

KLEONARD, that's a great photo too!! Be sure to put that one in the DVC photo thread too!! That is AWESOME!

Cami, I am going to start a new thread to discuss this. Sorry for crashing yours and thank you again for posting your photos!

I really enjoyed your photo report and the Minnie Weekend looked like alot of fun! Congrats again!

Congratulations to you! These are great pictures. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

I was wondering--do they have a half marathon the day before the Disney Marathon in January? Does anyone know about this--or did I just make it up? :confused3

Yes, they have a half marathon on Saturday and the marathon on Sunday. Runners get a Donald medal for the half, a Mickey medal for the full, and a Goofy medal if they complete both. One of my running friends accomplished the "Goofy challenge" and received all three medals. Pretty cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!