Picture report: Complete!!! Video added!

What's your opinion of Shamu Rocks vs Dine with Shamu. I'm drawn to Shamu Rocks for the priority seating for the show but I'm not sure whether they will be doing them this summer as nothing is on their web site about it at the moment.

I haven't been to the Shamu Rocks dinner thing, only the show, but I guess that it's like Backstage at Believe where you watch a movie and get some info on the show while you eat. And then you are taken to the stadium. The seats are ok, but we moved down to better seats because the stadium wasn't full. You can't be sure that there's a whale in the pool at the Backstage /Rocks show. At Dine with Shamu you get to talk to the trainers and see the whales perform right infront of you.... I prefer Dine!!!

Did you get to take a pic with a whale at Dine with Shamu? I thought I read somewhere that that was one of the perks. Love your pics I am going to show them to the kids it will get them very excited about our visit coming up.

Did you get to take a pic with a whale at Dine with Shamu? I thought I read somewhere that that was one of the perks. Love your pics I am going to show them to the kids it will get them very excited about our visit coming up.

You don't interact with the whales at Seaworld, but you get to see them close up at Dine with Shamu, which is really amazing as well!

This update will be a dolphin update.
Next up was the feeding of the dolphins. I didn't get that many pictures of the dolphins, they move quite fast, so they are not easy objects. Beside the last time we went to Seaworld I took about 100 pictures of them, so I didn't feel a big need to take pictures this time.
florida080771.jpg

florida080831.jpg

florida080811.jpg

Of course we had to see Blue Horizons again. I’m not a big fan of this show, but it’s fun to see the dolphins play around.

This is me getting ready for the show
florida08258.jpg

florida08261.jpg

florida08262.jpg

florida08263.jpg

florida08264.jpg

florida08268.jpg

florida08269.jpg

florida08270.jpg

One evening we went to the Makahiki Luau show. The dinner was nice and the show was very authentic.
florida08092.jpg

florida08095.jpg

florida08097.jpg

florida08098.jpg

florida08099.jpg

florida081031.jpg

florida08104.jpg

florida08107.jpg

florida081081.jpg

Next time: Wild Arctic and a couple of videos!

Great report!! We are visiting Sea World (not our first time) on 2/16 & 2/17. On 2/15 we are doing the dolphin swim at Discovery Cove. We can't wait.

We are also staying at the Renaissance for part of our trip. I was thrilled to see your pics and review of the resort. It looks beautiful!

Great pics! We are going in the beginning of May to Sea World and Discovery Cove, we are looking forward to it. :)

Glad to be hear in your thread. All of your pics are awesome. :thumbsup2 I'm excited to experienced it on our next trip. Thanks for your update.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

does Discovery Cove sell t shirts that say "I swam with the dolphins" or anything similar to that??

Well, it's about time to end this report... Thanks to all of you for reading it and comment on it...

These pics are from the Wild Arctic. When we got down there a trainer came over and asked if we would mind if she did a little training session with the walrus. It meant that we couldn't get over to the window but had to stand further away. She kept apologizing for it but we loved the fact that we got to see the way they work with the animals.
florida081401.jpg

florida081321.jpg

florida081351.jpg

florida081371.jpg

florida081431.jpg

Here are the last pics. Different stuff taken around the park.
sflorida08062.jpg

florida08031.jpg

florida08048.jpg

florida08058.jpg

florida08055.jpg

florida08059.jpg

florida08061.jpg

Tom Daley
florida08066.jpg

florida08065.jpg

florida08083.jpg

florida08085.jpg

florida08086.jpg

florida08088.jpg

florida08096.jpg

florida080981.jpg

florida081021.jpg

florida081481.jpg

florida08174.jpg

florida08206.jpg

I'll end this report with a couple of videos of Believe. They are taped with my kamera so they are not that good, but here you go ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucZIZBEe3_g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0axMoCXgpI

How wonderful to have been able to see one of the walrus training sessions. :goodvibes

I don't think we're going to SW this trip, so it was great seeing all your photos. I can't wait to visit SW again in 2010 because Manta will be open by then. :cool1:

Thanks for the report, all the great pictures!!!!
We will be visiting SW on May 26th..
I can't wait :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter