Pictures for couples

bgilmore

Earning My Ears
My girlfriend and I will be taking a trip to WDW. I've already got so much great info from these boards, hopefully we can get some more. We're wondering what picture opportunities are available. Last summer we went to Disneyland and got a little sick of asking other guests to take our picture, besides many of them didn't turn out very well. We'll certainly do some of "Could you take a picture of us" thing, but what other options do we have? We're especially interested in a nice picture in front of Cinderella's castle. Does Disney offer any professional photos or something else? Any other suggestions? We found the service at giftsofalifetime but that is a bit out of our price range ($225 for 90 minutes).

Thanks

There are professional Disney Photographers walking up and down Main Street that'll take your picture. You don't have to buy them if you don't want to. They'll give you a receipt with a number on it and a time to go and look andif you don't like it you don't have to buy. I've done it when I've gone solo and it's a great way to get a good picture.

steven

Hi bgilmore-welcome to the DIS, I'm really glad you decided to join us. You must have been lurking a while, this is your first post.

I love taking photographs for others. I'm always walking up to people and offering to take their picture. It's really fun when they don't speak English, too. I get to use signs. Most of the people I photograph are very happy to have me take their photo. I just love doing it too. Cast members will take your photograph if you ask them, they are happy to do it.

Dreams of a Lifetime has a special, I think. Oh gosh, I can't remember where I saw that posted. I'm getting older and my memory is not what it used to be.

Let me go and see what I can find and I'll try to get you some info. I think it was a 90 minute photo shoot for $150 but don't hold me to that.

Katholyn

Okay, I found it. It's $150 for a 90 minute photo shoot. You can read about it <b>HERE</b>

But you can tell Jane, if you decide to do this, that you learned about it on the DIS :)

Thanks for the info. Although the $150 special is tempting. I think we'll stick with the Disney photographers wandering around. Are there any of these CMs around the other parks?

I've seen the Disney photographers in all the parks. I wasn't even looking for them at the time either, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding them. But if you don't see them, just ask any CM and they can probably tell you where to find the photographers.

Have a great time!

Kaycee

I have seen the Disney Photographers at Epcot, MK, AK and MGM taking the picture in front of the major icons, ie Cinderella's Palace or the Sorceror's hat. With the Charactors, I have always asked a cast member with the charactor to take my picture with my camera and the charactor. And any other time I saw something I wanted my photo with, I have been able to find another guest or a castmember to take the picture. I go solo, so I usually depend on the others when I want pictures of me.

Hmm ... too bad I'm going before the special starts :( Something I would have been interested in...

I'm reconsidering the giftsofalifetime.com special. As long as we can get over the fact someone will be following us around for an hour and a half. Anyone out there used them before? What was it like? How did the pictures turn out? Are they worth it?

Also in Epcot in the Innoventions area you can have pictures taken. I can't remember exactly where, I believe near Honey I shrunk the audience show. You can pick what background you want & what package you want! It was reasonably priced & the pictures came out great. I would just suggest doing it early, as it gets quite busy. Kathy ;)

I've never used Gifts of a Lifetime, myself. Lots of people on the DIS have used them and loved working with them.

The search function isn't working right now. I was going to do a search for gifts of a lifetime on the themeparks board and the community board, but I can't do that right now. You might want to try later to do a search. I have seen several posts about the magic made by Jane and her pixies.

When we were at WDW, we asked CM's to take our picture. You know how they take pictures at the entrance to each park? Well, we just handed them our camera and asked them to do it. No one even blinked and they all came out great. Throughout the parks, if we found a CM that didn't look too busy we would ask them to snap a photo and they were all more than happy to do so...and I wan't worried that they'd run off with my camera ;)

My sister and her boyfriend are joining DH and I on our trip this year. She's a professional photographer!!!! I told her she is fully in charge of both her and my camera!!!

I'm reconsidering the giftsofalifetime.com special. As long as we can get over the fact someone will be following us around for an hour and a half.

HI! I had looked into giftsofalifetime.com for my honeymoon, but decided against it because we needed to costs somewhere. Plus, my fiance and I were hesitant because you receive the roll of film and have to get it developed yourself. (From what I've heard, traveling by plane messes up undeveloped film, so I didn't see how it could work for me.) We are going to use Disney photographers that walk thru the park, and purchase our photos that way. Then we get photos from every park! Remember with giftsofalifetime, you can only choose one park for the 90 minute photo session.

I have a suggestion that might work for you. On the Wedding/Honeymoon board there was a thread about giftsofalifetime more then a few months ago. (As I recall, Jane from giftsofalifetime posted to that thread, I believe she's a member of the DisBoards!!) You might want to start a thread over there to see if anyone has used giftsofalifetime for the photo session. You're very likely to get responses over there!

Hope this helps!
Diznee25

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter