Pictures from our Viva Italia Trip

All, I have some bad news James and I have to cancel our trip to Italy! Things at my work will be changing right at the time I would be leaving to my trip and I can't leave.

Oh No !:sad: we really feel so bad for you. Hope all turns out OK with work. We will miss you .

I love your Vase! We get to go in May and the countdown is almost done!!!!

Any advice???

:moped::moped:

(Did you have the Vase shipped home? And how?)

I love your Vase! We get to go in May and the countdown is almost done!!!!

Any advice???

:moped::moped:

(Did you have the Vase shipped home? And how?)

We went to a shop in Orvieto. It's kitty corner to the Duomo.

Shipping was free is you spent a certain amount of euros. I think it was a minimum of 200.

Meeting the minimum was not an issue.

Edited to add: I did some searching and the name of the shop is Ceramiche Giacomini.

We were first there in 2006 and after looking, the shop keeper told us "you'll be back when you see the same thing in every store" and she was correct. Everything else looked mass produced and the stuff in this store is all hand painted and designed by the family that owns the store.

Their goods are not inexpensive, but we think they are stunning. If you were to visit, you would see that after 3 visits, we have become good customers.

I would also recommend Trattoria San Lorenzo in Florence.

I think we could probably find some other folks that agree.:)

Shipping was free is you spent a certain amount of euros. I think it was a minimum of 200.

Edited to add: I did some searching and the name of the shop is Ceramiche Giacomini.

We were first there in 2006 and after looking, the shop keeper told us "you'll be back when you see the same thing in every store" and she was correct. Everything else looked mass produced and the stuff in this store is all hand painted and designed by the family that owns the store.

Their goods are not inexpensive, but we think they are stunning. If you were to visit, you would see that after 3 visits, we have become good customers.

I would also recommend Trattoria San Lorenzo in Florence.

I think we could probably find some other folks that agree.:)

Thanks for the info....wrote down both names and will be looking for them!

As soon as I got to Italy, I told our Adventure Guide Dusty about this. He knew exactly where it was and knew "Mama". We bought my vase, 2 small dipping bowls and some small figurines....after lunch we went back and got 2 more larger bowls for dips..They should arrive sometime this week!

My DH is organizing pictures...I will post a few when he is done.

Thanks for the info!!!!

I love the Boards!

Orvieto was my favorite place...not just for the Ceramics, but the view was breathtaking!

Venice was my favorite city.....

:grouphug::cheer2:

As soon as I got to Italy, I told our Adventure Guide Dusty about this. He knew exactly where it was and knew "Mama". We bought my vase, 2 small dipping bowls and some small figurines....after lunch we went back and got 2 more larger bowls for dips..They should arrive sometime this week!

My DH is organizing pictures...I will post a few when he is done.

Thanks for the info!!!!

I love the Boards!

Orvieto was my favorite place...not just for the Ceramics, but the view was breathtaking!

Venice was my favorite city.....

:grouphug::cheer2:

Cant wait to see your pottery.

I love Orvietto.

And Venice.

And Florence.

IMG_20130523_163238%20(3).jpg

IMG_20130523_164731.jpg

IMG_20130523_165234.jpg

Look what came today!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!