Pilot Whales

jan/cape

DIS Veteran
Over 50 Pilot Whales beached themselves yesterday in Dennis, MA. Only 9 of them did not survive. So it was miraculous news to hear that the others were rescued.
But, I tuned into the news this afternoon to hear that they had beached themselves again, not once, but two more times since the rescue yesterday. Scientists at the New England Aquarium said that their bodies were under such great stress that the only humane thing to do was euthanize them.
They were showing the video of the whales, scientists, and volunteers from the news helicopter. I understand that they had to do this so that the whales would not suffer any more,but it was just so darn sad :( I just sat there and wept while they showed this.

reporters are saying that they are very social. Sometimes when they beach they are following a whale that may be sick. In 1991 many Pilot Whales beached because they were chasing food and just came in too far.
How sad!

The article also said they were wailing (no pun intended, thats how the article was worded.) to each other!

If you like whales, you should boycott the Norway exhibit at Epcot since they have begun hunting whales again.:mad:

Originally posted by GoldenGate

If you like whales, you should boycott the Norway exhibit at Epcot since they have begun hunting whales again.:mad:
And how will this help??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter