Pin code doesn’t recognize name

kniquy

DIS Veteran
This is the second time I have revived a PIN code and when I try to activate it doesn’t recognize my name. Tried both my married name and pre-marriage name and nothing. Anyone else have this issue? I already have a couple days booked for November so I’m guessing I can call and see if it can be applied.

This is the second time I have revived a PIN code and when I try to activate it doesn’t recognize my name. Tried both my married name and pre-marriage name and nothing. Anyone else have this issue? I already have a couple days booked for November so I’m guessing I can call and see if it can be applied.

I got one last night and mine doesn't work either. I've had this problem in the past as well.

Mine used to work if I entered the zip code from my last address (even though that hasn't been my address in Disney's system for years), although that's not working for me this time either. But maybe try that if you have any old zip codes???

Ditto here. I've only ever received two PINs and both times had this problem with the system not recognizing.
I've only used one address in WDW system, but I do have two last names which I only use my married name on MDE (but booking with Priceline once seemed to add my other name into their system). However, I tried both names (and even hyphenated) and nothing works.

OT for this thread - just an observation though - which kind of goes with their IT system always having problems. In this case, I can't understand why WDW IT also doesn't seem to align well with marketing...
My PIN was for Pop, which I canceled my stay at Pop two days ago to move to GDT with the Magic is Here discount. Either reservation, WDW already had my $$$ at a higher rate! I've been booked at Pop since May when the closures occurred. So no "crossed in the mail" kind of situation, they already had the data.

(My dilemma is do I now switch back? Kind of tempting lol)

I received one too. It was under someone I traveled with in the past (never going with me again)..... So, I wonder if they will honor it if I call since it came to me not them????

I got the code too, it shows POP on the email but it's good at most resorts.
It didn't recognize the code when I clicked the link so I called. For some reason it was under my husband's last name. I kept my maiden name. The still applied it to my reservation at GDT that is under my name.
If you call I'm sure they will honor it

I received a code as well and used it for BCV this morning. After trying several last name combinations, it was under my husband who is listed in my traveling party on my account. My code was good for any of the hotels with availability for our time frame. We were scheduled earlier this year and then cancelled when covid happened, but since we did it before they announced an extended closure, we were never offered the discount to rebook at that time.

I received a code as well and used it for BCV this morning. After trying several last name combinations, it was under my husband who is listed in my traveling party on my account. My code was good for any of the hotels with availability for our time frame. We were scheduled earlier this year and then cancelled when covid happened, but since we did it before they announced an extended closure, we were never offered the discount to rebook at that time.
OMG, thank you!! I'm sitting on hold for over an hour (after my DD got herself cut off after her hour lol). It's just DD26 and myself on this trip and turns out the PIN is under her name!! Which is really weird since she's never booked a thing...lol. Never would have thought to check that. Let's see what they've got :)

Edit: Saved $75 over the discount I had with the states' discount. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Everyone who's having trouble, I had some thoughts -
  • Your mother's maiden name
  • Your middle name
  • Dog's birthday
If that doesn't work, try your little league coach's name. Something's got to stick!

Sorry, just kidding.
It's just so crazy what works and what doesn't with WDW system. My DD doesn't have my last name, hasn't in almost 20 years and, even though she's an adult, she's never had her own MDE and when I shared her last name, I hadn't ever booked anything at WDW myself. Yet that's what worked lol. If it wasn't for this thread I would never in a million years have tried her name.

I hope something sticks for everyone having this problem! (Or at least has short wait times on hold :) )

Same as other posters. I received one a year and a half ago- name didn't match ( I was only curious about the discount and not actually planning, so didn't go any further). Got one today- name doesn't match. Everyone I've traveled with has the same last name. I didn't have an account in my maiden name and have lived at the same address the whole time.
I don't have a dog, and I don't remember my Little League coach. I'll try my VIN

I have had that happen more than once. How frustrating!!!

OP here - checking all the last names in my account solved the problem!! The PIN was for someone who traveled with me 4 years ago and hasn't been back since. I was able to get on and re-book a CBR room for a couple nights in November. Went from $307 per night to $255 per night. It didn't pose any problems with booking and not putting that individual on the reservation.

OP here - checking all the last names in my account solved the problem!! The PIN was for someone who traveled with me 4 years ago and hasn't been back since. I was able to get on and re-book a CBR room for a couple nights in November. Went from $307 per night to $255 per night. It didn't pose any problems with booking and not putting that individual on the reservation.
Awesome!! So glad you got it resolved and got a much better rate.

I wasn't sure whether to click "wow" or "like" since I wanted to click both :). I'm just kind of shocked at what people are experiencing when finally figuring out how to access these codes.

Everyone who's having trouble, I had some thoughts -
  • Your mother's maiden name
  • Your middle name
  • Dog's birthday

You think you’re joking, except... I coincidentally got a DVC promo brochure today, addressed to my middle name. :rolleyes: I don’t routinely use my middle name, it isn’t listed on my credit cards. I haven’t ever entered it into MDE or booked airfare thru Disney. So no idea how they got my middle name.

I’ve tried every combination I can think of and my pin that was emailed still won’t work. Before I spend time on the phone with Disney, was this offer better than the AP discounts?

The pin code would not work for me either. I called Disney and it was connected to my mother-in-laws name, but my address. (She travelled with us last year). Because it was attached to my address and email they let me apply it to our December reservation that we already had. Saved me $1000!!!

I’ve tried every combination I can think of and my pin that was emailed still won’t work. Before I spend time on the phone with Disney, was this offer better than the AP discounts?

I didn’t get the PIN so can’t say for sure, but generally speaking the AP discounts are better than any other offers. However, there are sometimes different resorts or room types available under different offers. So if there is a resort or room you really want that isn’t available with the AP, it might be worth calling.

I've tried every last name on my list to no avail. I am going to call because at this point I'm more curious about whose name it's linked to than anything else :sad2:

Did you try other parties that are now or in the past have been connected to your account? Eg, friends and family?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!