Pin Display

missesdisney

DIS Veteran
I've posted threads for ideas on pin display so I thought I'd post what we ended up doing. The picture is a little fuzzy but you get the idea.

It's cork circles we spray painted.

Thanks for tips!

pinmickey.jpg

That is sooo cool! Can I lift it?

Thanks - it was Hubby's idea. Of course you can lift it - that's why I posted it. I looked forever for ideas and nothing made me happy and this makes me very happy. We started collecting pins in Oct 1999 when they first started it (we were there 5 days after the beginning of the millenium celebration) so we had all of these great pins that we never even looked at. now they are in our living room!

Hope all is well with you!

Maria

We are going back in August. I'm thinking of making multiple ones per year of collecting for my boys to put on their walls.

What size are your circles? I'd like to see the ratio so I can adjust it to fit their pins.

Thank so much!

We are doing well here and looking forward to school ending on Tuesday.

We are going back in August. I'm thinking of making multiple ones per year of collecting for my boys to put on their walls.

What size are your circles? I'd like to see the ratio so I can adjust it to fit their pins.

Thank so much!

We are doing well here and looking forward to school ending on Tuesday.

I think the larger one is 11" or 11 1/2 or thereabouts (I got it at Michaels and it wa the only size they had). The smaller one is 9 or 9 3/4 and I got those at the Christmas Tree Shops in the kitchen section - they are trivets. I also found some smaller ones about 7" online that would work as the smaller of two with the 9ish inch ones we may do on the sides of each if we run out of room after our next trip.

I can take more detailed pics if you want to see any more.

Where were the 7" ones at? We do have a Christmas Tree Place not too far away. :thumbsup2

Great idea! How do you have them actually attached to the wall?

Sorry if that sounds like a silly question, but they seem to be lying flat against the wall.

Great idea! How do you have them actually attached to the wall?

Sorry if that sounds like a silly question, but they seem to be lying flat against the wall.

They are actually flat against the wall. There are 3 black screws in the big one and two in the smaller ones. Hubby just drilled the screw through the cork and into the wall.

Awesome idea for displaying your Disney pins. I love it! I'll probably lift this idea for use in our home too. Thanks for sharing. :)

wal mart sells multiple sized cork plant holders in the lawn car deparment. there thinner but should still work (I used a few for cork boards).

We did something similar with cork boards. These are from Walmart, they are framed cork boards and covered in some sort of fabric.

We have 8 total, 4 on each side of a wide door way from our living room into my craft room.
664221435_ho7ev-M.jpg

I put ours through artist canvas...my ds has 2 (and a lot of pins), my dd one and I have 2 much smaller ones...I didn't think I had as many pins as I do! :) I'll have to take a picture and post it...

:thumbsup2 Great ideas! Now I just need to make them happen for my pins. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter