Pin Trading after Corona Virus?

steelerfan87

Mouseketeer
Was wandering if there has been any discussion or rumors about what will happen to pin trading when Disney is able to reopen. My family and I are really in to trading with the cast members and even other guests each and everytime we visit the world. Would hate to see this pastime come to an end.

My guess is there will be pin boards instead of lanyards so hopefully more boards will be up

I'm going to move this to the Disney Collectors board, where the pin traders hang out. :)

Holy Cow! Are we never going to come in contact with people again??? I just think, with treatments and vaccine, we can touch pins at some point. Call me a Dreamer! :cloud9:

Having a board vs lanyard is no different imo unless they are going to have the person take/place their own pin then you have the CM germs eliminated but you are still passing germs from guest to guest.
I don't see them getting rid of it unless they feel it is a seriousssss concern since they make a lot of money off selling pins.
I know the only reason we buy them are for trading fun, not for actually collecting.

I have just been telling my dh that this is going to be the end of pin trading.

Actually something I did not think about for our upcoming trip (or future trips for that matter). I will be extremely disappointed if pin trading were removed, as I'm sure a lot of fans would be, especially kids. For me it's a part of the experience when we're in the parks.

I think it might be the end of having Cast members wear lanyards, but this might bring out more pin boards (with more pins on them) in the stores, etc.

We love pin trading, our kids love it to. They can spend a long time going from cast member to cast member looking for pins and they also love the pin boards especially the ones that come out at certain times of day at magic kingdom.

I'd love to see more themed pin boards! That was one of the best parts of WDW!

We only trade with CMs so I'd love to see more treasure hunt type set ups if they do get rid of lanyards. The Small World vender had a game the last time we visited, and I think it would add so much extra magic to get a map, use the app, or have to hunt for clues to find certain boards.

I was told by a CM friend of the family that there will be pin boards throughout the parks and resorts with CM's at each. There will be a container to put your discarded pins (up to 2 per person) and you will point to which pins on the board you would like. The CM will then retrieve them for you. Then the CM will sanitize your pins before putting them on the board for another guest to pick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!