• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pin?

Minderbinder5

Mouseketeer
Okay, so I've been seeing all these posts about PINs and having them attached to your name. So, sorry if this a stupid question, but what is a PIN, and more importantly, how does it get randomly attached to your name for a hotel reservation?

:earsboy:

How PINs are assigned to guests seem to be anyone's guess and are done randomly, so all are told. I am guessing some marketing plan is in play. But hard to say either way. I don't know that anyone has figured out the logic, or if it is truly at random.
A PIN is a three digit discount code of letters.

so are you supposed to call and ask if you have a pin w/ your name? how else would you know?

In the past I have received PIN discount notices with postcards through the regular mail service and by e-mails.

You'll get a postcard or some such. I called and asked, and told the CM (truthfully) that I received a postcard earlier in the year, but threw it away because I didn't think I'd be planning a trip so soon, and could he see if I was still eligible for a discount? He could, he did, and I was, but it didn't work with my schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter