Pine Hills, Orlando

Ona

ºoº Disney Dorks founding member ºoº
Does anyone know anything about the Pine Hills area just outside of Orlando, e.g. ammenities, community / neighbourhood?
Any information would be appreciated.

Ona's Mum. ;)

I havent been out highway 50 in awhile but if memory serves me correctly, it used to be a high crime area in pine hills. I dont know if this is still true though. Bumping this up for you anyways.

When looking for a house in Orlando, everyone told me to stay away from there. Sounds like it's the closest thing to "ghetto" in Orlando.

Do you mean "crime hills"? Ona, it really isn't the best place to live. Lots of crime, run down neighborhoods, etc... There are many new communities popping up all over Orlando, I would look there first. Most are master planned with schools, shopping, etc....Vista Lakes is the one I am thinking of off hand. What exactly are you looking for?

I agree with the previous posts, do NOT move to Pine Hills. That area seems to have the most problems in the Orlando area, and not just with crime. I am sure it is a very affordable neighborhood, but there is a reason for that.

WOW! I'm totally shocked and so glad I asked:eek: . I would really like to stay in Mount Dora but had been advised to look for somewhere nearer the Orlando area for better rental potential since we would not be moving over for another 8 years or so. Ideally we are looking for a smallish community with a lawn bowling club with places to fish near by.

If anyone knows of any other areas similar to Mount Dora etc. but closer to Orlando, any help would be very much appreciated.

TIA, Ona's Mum ;)

Tia,

What exactly is "lawn bowling". Just like a bowling alley but on grass?:confused:

If I find anything, I will post it for you.

Sort of,..............................., not really. It's more like the French game of Boules than ten pin bowling but there are bowling clubs all over the US and I know there's one in Mount Dora, one in Lakeland etc.

TIA,

Isobel, Ona's Mum;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!