Pink Jeep Tour

MrsPete

DIS Veteran
Two people have told me that the Pink Jeep Tours are a "must do". Anyone have any personal experiences to share? Anyone know if discounts area possibility?

My Dad just did the pink jeep tour from Las Vegas and he said it was worth it. He is in his 60's and didn't want the hassle of driving etc..

He said it was very expensive but worth it. Your right the cost was around $300 or so and he was picked up from his hotel, drove to Hoover Dam, didn't get to stay very long there though, then drove on to the side of the canyon with the Indian reservation built the walk out over the canyon. They then got in a helicopter and went to the bottom of the canyon and got on a pontoon boat and rode up the colorado river for a few minutes. He said on the tour there was only about five-six other people...which is one of the bonus' of doing the pink jeep tour...they keep it relatively small amount of people.

They left from the bellagio hotel. On his video it did look impressive but I have heard that the South Rim is the ideal spot to witness the canyon. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/confused24.gif

Good luck on your decision, either way it is one of the seven wonders of the world so you can't be too disappointed!

We did one on our honeymoon in Sedona, and it was SO fun! I highly recommend it! We did the one that takes you way out by the Indian ruins and cave paintings and then you get out and get to walk around them as the guide explains. You see beautiful scenery there and back, and there are just a few bumpy parts (just enough to satisfy IMO!)

We didn't pay for ours, during the course of the week we were pounced on by those pesky "travel agents" that seem to have set up camp every 15 feet in Sedona, and they wrangled us into going to a condo timeshare lecture thingy. We figured eh, what the heck...we have all week here, we have little moolah, but lotsa time! So one morning we went. listened to the lecture, said nope, and walked out with our pink jeep tour tickets! :) They had all sorts of prizes you could pick from, and there are plenty of opportunities to do it if you're so inclined. Trust me, they'll find you!!!! :laughing:

We also went to the local park and brought a picnic lunch, they had some great trails, next time we'll rent bikes and go on a bike ride. We also wanted to go horsebackriding but they were all full for the week. So if you are intent on certain activities, reserve them ahead of time!

We just did one in Sedona. It was called the Broken Arrow Tour. It was lots of fun. I highly recommend it!

If you are in the Sedona area, you might want to take a ride up to Slide Rock State Park. It is about 7 miles out of town and it has a natural water slide. My kids loved it.

You can get a 10% AAA discount on most Pink Jeep tours out of Sedona but not on the broken arrow tour.

The Pink Jeep tour was definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Sedona last summer so I highly recommend one of their tours!!:thumbsup2

I don't recall of the top of my head which one we did but we did one of the early morning tours before it go too hot (we were there in late June).

We just did the Broken Arrow tour in July and LOVED it!!! I highly recommend it. It really was breathtakingly beautiful.
We just walked in that day and said we wanted one for the afternoon. We were told that BA can't give AAA but when I said, "Oh that figures. That's the one we want." She said she'd see what she could do and gave us some discount anyway.
It was def. the highlight of our trip beside GC.
Have fun!!!!:thumbsup2

PS. Wear a sport bra if you have one!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter