Pins carry on or check luggage?

wfbnancy

Mouseketeer
With new security, what is the suggestion for Disney pins? In the past I have always had them in my carry on but not sure what the experience is now. Any suggesions?

I carried my pins in my camera bag (carry-on) last week from Chicago to Orlando with no problem either way.

Since Sept '01, I have flown to WDW three times, RT, with one layover each time. I usually have approx 150 pins with me in carry-on and checked luggage. (Well -- that may be higher #s on the way home -- probably closer to 200. ;) )
It wasn't until just this last time here in Omaha that I even had to open my large (carry-on) pin bag.
I do spread the pins around in all my checked luggage, just in case a large area of metal would look too odd. I am not sure that really makes a difference to anyone though.
I use to always have all my pins as carry-on, prior to 9/11.
Now the only ones I carry-on I have in their original wrappers, or wrappers of my own.

i always put my disney pins in my checked bags so there wont be any problems.hope this helps;)

We NEVER put our pins in our checked baggage because, even though we've never had a lost baggage situation, with our luck that would be the one time something would happen. Of course, everyone feels differently and some would rather check the pins than deal with any potential hassle or delay at security. Still, be prepared to check the pins in case a security agent says they have to be checked or confiscated.

We have always carried our pins in our carry-on baggage and never had a problem. Going to the Epcot Pin Celebration in September, DW Lauri had the pins in her carry-on. We flew from Richmond to Orlando with layovers in Charlotte. The screener in Richmond was EXTREMELY thorough, going through every pin bag and container with extra traders we had. There were a couple of instances where we were screened again at the gate, but no problems.

Actually, I think the thinking is that if you have something that can be purchased inside airport security, then it's okay. Charlotte has a Disney Store within their secure area and sell the TDS pins there, and I'm sure other airports have gift shops that sell lapel pins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter