Pipe bomb in Downtown Disney????????

AllisonG

<font color=CC66CC>Good thing the TF is multi-ling
My sister told me this morning that she heard that a pipe bomb washed up on the beach area at DTD and they had to bring in the bomb squad to disarm it. Does anyone know what she is talking about?:confused:

There was a pipe with explosives inside spotted by a guest who had rented a boat and just happened to spot it lying on the rocks along the shoreline near Captain Jack's restaurant. The contents were removed without incident by the bomb squad after the restaurant and surrounding area were secured. There was no mention as to whether or not the authorities had any leads at this time.

We were there when this happened. The "pipe-bomb" was real. It had been placed in Downtown Disney's Marketplace near the Fulton's Crab house. People saw a man lay the "object" down and walk off. People then called the police.

I learned of the story on a local news show while staying at Boardwalk Villas last week. The reporter said that police had confirmed him that the device consisted of a pipe and there were explosives inside. I'm not a bomb expert, but to a lay person it sure does sound like the real thing to me.

Thanks so much for the update. We have a friend who worked at a Marina at DTD the day of the incident, and she'll be very interested in this news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter