Pirate Adventure Cruise Changes?

chris3947

Earning My Ears
I was just looking at the Disney website for the pirate adventure cruises. It only lists 2- the one from the Beach Club that goes into Epcot and the one from the Caribbean. Did the one from the Grand Floridian get cancelled? Or it the website wrong? My kids did the one from the Beach Club last time and LOVED it, so we were going to try the one from GF. Any feedback on the one from the Caribbean? Thanks!

I've only heard of it happening at Beach Club and Carribean Beach. There is a Pirates & Pals fireworks cruise at the Contemporary. It's pretty different from the other two since it's for all ages and at night.

Thanks. I just went to book the pirate cruise this morning and the first person they talked to said the one at the Caribbean no longer goes on the water. I called back and the second CM said that was incorrect. Anyone with recent experiences who can confirm? Thanks!

Last edited:
I saw the CB cruise on the water last week. While my kids didn't do it, my DH and I commented that it looked really cute.

Last edited:

I saw the CB cruise on the water last week. While my kdis didn't do it, my DH and I commented that it looked really cute.

Thanks! Very glad to hear it's still a sailing trip! The one out of beach club was booked for our date so CB is our only option.

My now 16yo did the cruise from POR (no longer a location) and GF when she was 6 and 7yo...and loved both of them. I think these cruises are one of the best kept secrets at WDW. She absolutely adored searching for pirate treasure and even though she loved her princesses, she picked a second cruise at 7yo instead of doing BBB!

I remember hearing they were canceling at least one of them, but not sure which. GF and POR were always listed on the website so if they aren't showing up I'd assume they are the ones they took away. Bummer cause my boys are finally old enough I feel I can let them go on this.

I remember hearing they were canceling at least one of them, but not sure which. GF and POR were always listed on the website so if they aren't showing up I'd assume they are the ones they took away. Bummer cause my boys are finally old enough I feel I can let them go on this.

They made an announcement when they cancelled the one at POR, but I never heard anything about the one at GF being cancelled. Strange that they would announce one but not the other. In any event, you should look into doing one of the remaining ones- my kids considered it the best part of their trip!!

They made an announcement when they cancelled the one at POR, but I never heard anything about the one at GF being cancelled. Strange that they would announce one but not the other. In any event, you should look into doing one of the remaining ones- my kids considered it the best part of their trip!!
Did you end up doing the Pirate Adventure cruise from Caribbean Beach? We're thinking about it for our January trip and looking for some feedback!

Did you end up doing the Pirate Adventure cruise from Caribbean Beach? We're thinking about it for our January trip and looking for some feedback!

Yes, we were just there last week! One of my kids (7yo) said they liked the cruise at the Caribbean even more than the one at Beach Club! The older one (9yo) said he didn't like the Caribbean one. From what I could tell, both cruises are pretty similar. If you have kids in the right age range, I think it's a great activity!

Yes, we were just there last week! One of my kids (7yo) said they liked the cruise at the Caribbean even more than the one at Beach Club! The older one (9yo) said he didn't like the Caribbean one. From what I could tell, both cruises are pretty similar. If you have kids in the right age range, I think it's a great activity!
Thanks for your response! I have an 8 year old daughter and a 5 year old son who would be doing this. I think they would really enjoy it, I just hadn't found much info on the one from Caribbean Beach. I had read that the one from Beach club "sneaks" into Epcot which I think my kids would find fun, but I don't believe that one is running on the day we would need it (a Tuesday). Does the Caribbean Beach one do anything similar?

Thanks for your response! I have an 8 year old daughter and a 5 year old son who would be doing this. I think they would really enjoy it, I just hadn't found much info on the one from Caribbean Beach. I had read that the one from Beach club "sneaks" into Epcot which I think my kids would find fun, but I don't believe that one is running on the day we would need it (a Tuesday). Does the Caribbean Beach one do anything similar?
The website says this runs every day. Is this not true? I would also like to book it on a Tuesday (in June)

The website says this runs every day. Is this not true? I would also like to book it on a Tuesday (in June)
No, I think the website is wrong! I called (about a month ago now) to book a pirate cruise on a Tuesday and I was told they don't run any of them on Tuesdays anymore. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter