Pirate cruise

mbw12

<font color=blue>DVC member<br><font color=red>Has
Does anyone have any feedback on the Pirate cruise for kids that is offered? I cannot locate any past posts/reviews on it.
thanks in advance!

My kids did this a couple of years ago and LOVED it!!

The children set sail on a pontoon boat with a pirates flag and red bandannas all around. The visit the various resorts along the Seven Seas lagoon and Bay Lake. I can't remember exactly which ones, but know that they did stop at the Polynesian and Fort Wilderness. They keep finding clues that lead them to the treasure (dime store trinkets such as bracelets, necklaces, plastic rings, plastic bugs, etc.).

On the way back, they have a snack of PBJ and gummy worms. They returned with huge smiles on their faces singing Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirates Life for Me.

Grand Floridian Resort’s Pirate Cruise

Bright and early on Thursday morning (August 29th), William and I started our journey to the Grand Floridian Resort on the far side of the Seven Seas Lagoon from Fort Wilderness. We drove our electric cart to the Ft. Wilderness Marina and caught the small launch to the Contemporary Resort.

At the Contemporary we were first in line at the monorail station and I asked the attendant if we could ride up front with the monorail driver. He said it would depend on whether or not someone was already riding up front. When the monorail pulled in a family exited the driver’s compartment and the attendant motioned us to climb in.

Yay! William’s first ride on the monorail and we got to ride up front! We rode from the Contemporary to the TTC (ticket and transportation center), to the Polynesian Resort, and exited at the Grand Floridian. Both William and I received “co-pilots licenses” from the driver as a memento of our ride.

At the Grand Floridian Marina, William donned a life jacket and a pirate’s bandana. The pirate crew, supervised by three adult Disney Cast Members (DCMs), climbed aboard their ship (a pontoon boat) and set sail across the Seven Seas Lagoon on a two hour adventure looking for treasure! As the ship pulled away from the dock, the pirate crew gave a loud pirate roar … ARRRRRRRRR!

According to William, the boat sailed for a bit then stopped near an island where one of the DCMs pulled a bottle out of the water. Then teasing the kids he tossed it back into the lagoon before retrieving it a second time and opening it. Inside was a piece of a treasure map! Using the map as a guide the pirate crew headed to a second island.

This island had two volcano slides (the Polynesian resort ???) and the pirates disembarked to hunt for the next clue. Another piece of the treasure map was found under a bush. The pirate crew climbed back onto the boat and headed towards the Contemporary Resort.

At the Contemporary one of the DCMs jumped off the boat saying that she was going to go get the treasure for herself and the pirate ship took off without her! The quick thinking DCM “stole” a mouse boat from the Contemporary’s marina and chased the pirate ship into Bay Lake.

The second piece of the treasure map directed the pirate crew to River Country at Fort Wilderness across Bay Lake. Once more the intrepid pirate crew disembarked to search for the third and final piece of the treasure map. Once located, the final map piece directed them to cross a wooden suspension bridge (watch out, those spiders bite). Safely across the bridge the pirates searched, this time finding a wooden treasure chest with brass fittings filled with loot bags (containing candy, jewels, and small toys).

Carrying the treasure chest the pirate crew boarded their ship a final time to journey back to the Grand Floridian Resort. During the return voyage the pirates ate a brown bag lunch consisting of PB&J on wheat bread, Rice Krispie Treat bar, Gummi Bears and a juice box.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter