Pirates 2018 Refurb

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
Any updates on the announced refurbishment coming to Pirates (RIP "we wants the redhead")?

I'm going in March 2018 and am nervous that the ride will be closed. Or already changed (which wouldn't be as upsetting as the ride being closed, I'll get over the changes).

I recently went to Disneyland Paris and the scene wasn't that bad to be honest. It was a change, but didn't ruin the ride. I don't speak French very well, but I think they might even still say "we wants the redhead" during the auction - indicating they don't want the goods being peddled. They definitely still have the gun shot that makes them all shut up when they get rowdy.

I recently went to Disneyland Paris and the scene wasn't that bad to be honest. It was a change, but didn't ruin the ride. I don't speak French very well, but I think they might even still say "we wants the redhead" during the auction - indicating they don't want the goods being peddled. They definitely still have the gun shot that makes them all shut up when they get rowdy.

I love that! I just want the ride to be open so my bf can experience it for the first time.

I'm looking around for the info too. My BF has never been on the ride so I want him to see the original before it changes (and we're going in January).

I hope it’s open in May!

We were there in Sept. My 2.5yo loves the song and even though she’s so little, she was looking forward to going on the “Yo Ho” ride. We tried to go on but it was down. Then we left early due to Irma and couldn’t make another attempt.

Top headline for the last month has been “The Yo Ho broke.” She says this to everyone she talks to. If it’s not open in May, we’re in big trouble! :)

I hope it’s open in May!

We were there in Sept. My 2.5yo loves the song and even though she’s so little, she was looking forward to going on the “Yo Ho” ride. We tried to go on but it was down. Then we left early due to Irma and couldn’t make another attempt.

Top headline for the last month has been “The Yo Ho broke.” She says this to everyone she talks to. If it’s not open in May, we’re in big trouble! :)

That's precious. I hope it's open for her!

I hope it’s open in May!

Cute ..

We never got on Pirates for my son's three trips (2, 3, and 4). I figured it may be too scary for him.
I think he would have been fine when he was 2 or 3, but we simply focused on other rides and never got over to Adventureland. I've noticed as he gets older, more things scare him (the dark, creepy images in books, shows, depictions of bullies in shows, movies, etc.) and if we would have gone on when he was 5 (when he knows that skeletons are creepy) .. he probably would have abandoned ship to the nearest exit in terror.

:)

That being said, the gift shop alone was one of the highlights of the trip for him.

I hope it’s open in May!

My 2.5 yo also loves the Yo Ho song as well. I'm so nervous it'll be closed during her first trip in February. She is very insistent that the song features "singing chickens" which to me sound like drunken pirates.

Wasn't this ride just closed for a long refurb? I remember missing it on one of our trips, not too long ago.

Perhaps they will announce soon? I see that they're starting to announce "early 2018" refurbs -- Kali River will be down for a few weeks in Jan-Feb.

Do you know how long the closure was for the scene change in DL?
Only Paris has gotten the change so far. That attraction was closed for a very long time due to a major refurb. I wouldn’t expect the WDW or DL ones to take as long as Paris.

I'm arriving on Feb 22nd. Will have to go my first few days of the trip the most. Closes on my birthday :(

Nooooooo! My bf is never going to see the original scene in person! Or get to experience the attraction at all on his first visit. That makes me sad.

But it does make me extra glad that I went ahead and planned a solo trip at the end of this month.
Also, not that I don't believe Kenny, but where does that info come from? It's not on the Disney World website, or Touring Plans or any of the other ride closure websites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter