Pirates and Pixies and Princess.... OH MY!! The Surprise 9/25 PTR!!!

hsembrick

DIS Veteran
:welcome:

Welcome to my first Pre-Trip Report and then hopefully my first Trip Report!! :cool1:

Since this is my first PTR please bare with me as I have never do this sort of thing before and I will try and keep it as interesting as I can. ;)

Let me introduce the cast!!

My name is Holly and I am 29 yrs old (I plan on holding for at least two years :rotfl2:). I currently work for my DH who owns two bars in our college town. I mainly do the bookkeeping and the payroll and I absolutely love it!! I can drop the kids off in the mornings at school, go to work and then head to the mommy line to pick them up!

My DH is Jason he is 33 years old and can be a grump! He is a wonderfully hard working man and I love him to pieces :love:, even though he is not the most willing to take his family to Disney. (more to come on that subject)

My DS is Mason. He is 9 yrs old and starts the 4th grade this fall!! He is a fun kid, loves the outdoors and anything Pirates. He is the only 9 yr old I know that knows how to drive a tractor, bulldozer, can rake/bail hay and can even drive a standard (none of these I can do :laughing:). Did I mention that we live on a 500 acre ranch?? He is my sweet boy who loves Disney and loves to ride all the rides with me that his daddy won't (ToT, EE ect.)

My DD1 is Paityn (AKA the Drama Queen). She is 8 yrs old and will be in the 3rd grade this fall. She loves everything Pixie and anything girly! She loves Disney but would love it even better if we would push her in a stroller all day everyday. :sad2: :rotfl2: Wouldn't we all!!!

My DD2 is Ashtyn. She is 4 yrs old and starts Pre-k in just a few short weeks :guilty:. She is very bosy and very outgoing. She is a people person and has yet to met a stranger, which kinda freaks me out a little but we are working on it. She is my Princess girl and has soooo many of the little polly pocket princesses I lost count :teacher:.

Just want to give a little background about our little family as well. My DS and DD1 and my stepchildren but live with us. Jason and I met when Mason was just 3 and Paityn was almost 2. I call them my kids because they are!! I only include this because I times I may vent about their mother ;)

The rest of the cast is my mom and dad.

My mom, Vicki, is 50 yrs old and is the biggest disney addict I have ever met! :rotfl: Seriously, she eats sleeps and breathes disney. Her ENTIRE house is DISNEY! :lmao: Don't believe me? I will be posting pics soon!! (SORRY MOM:worship: it has to been done) She is always planning a trip and has already started planning our trip next may, well, yes I have been helping but she is totally disney CRAZY!!

My dad, Joel, is 45 and just goes with the flow. I mean hello!! He has to in order to put with my mom and all her crazy disney schemes.

My sister, Elizabeth is 16 and will be a Jr. this fall and will not be joining us on this trip :sad1:. She is taking a hard load of classes and is starting her first job next week so she has decided to stay with my aunt who lives just up the road from my parents. She has been to Disney many times before so she is not too upset about missing this one!

NEXT UP...... LET THE PLANNING BEGIN, or should I say "how many times in 3 days can you call Disney without being charged"?!?!? :rotfl::confused3:rotfl:

Surprise trips are so much fun to plan! :cool1: When are you going to tell your kids?

We are actually planning on telling them the day before we leave. I plan on picking them up from school that Friday and telling them that evening that the next morning at 8:00 we are heading to DisneyWold!! They have been wanting to go again for over a year (all except ashtyn, she and I went last Sept when my brother came home from Iraq with his family and my parents).
We have not decided yet how to tell them........Any suggestions??:confused3

They know that we WANT to do back but we have just told them that we aren't quite sure yet when it will be. Anytime they ask why I'm putting stuff in the Disney box I just tell them "oh, I saw ______ at Wal-mart and thought we might need it the next time we go", SO FAR SO GOOD!!!

No one suspects a thing!! ;)

It's amazing just how, um, not smart children can be, isn't it? :rotfl: They just don't catch on to things that you'd think they would/should. Of course, I just told them all the Disney stuff I bought was "for my classroom." ;)

We told our boys with a puzzle -- I made up a little picture of Mickey and "We're going to Disney" and put it on a blank puzzle. My DH cut it out, and we hid the pieces in envelopes, 2 in each. I hid the envelopes around the living/dining room. When they found them all, they put the puzzle together to find out. Of course, they didn't really believe us! :confused3 Oh well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter