Pirate's League Question

zebrastreyepz

DIS Veteran
I know years ago there was a thread on this but I searched and couldn't find it.

Not saying it isn't around, mind you.

Anyway... Is this a tipping situation?

Not looking for arguments about whether or not I "should" tip.

If tips are accepted, I "will" tip.

I'm glad you asked about this. My daughter and I are doing this on Wednesday, and I forgot about taking money for a tip. We leave in 3 days (well more like 2 1/2 now), and I wonder how many other things I've forgotten! :confused3

FWIW - daughter at age 6 and at age 9 did the Pirate's League - (Skull Pirate at 6 and Mermaid at 9) - HAD A BLAST! :-)
I love seeing young ladies head on in for the experience.

Hmmm, we did this last month for my kids and it never even crossed my mind to tip! We paid by magic band and I don't recall there being an option to include a tip at all. For those who tipped, did you just give the stylist cash?

I made a similar faux pas at BBB a few years ago. I paid with my MB and assumed, like with dining, I could leave a tip that way. It didn’t work like that. I only had a few dollars on me (I tend not to carry much cash in general, and in particular when we’re at Disney because I just don’t need it) but I gave a few to each of the ladies who helped style my DD. It didn’t seem adequate (like maybe $3 each), but I didn’t have much with me to begin nor was I expecting two Fairy Godmonthers-in-Training. DD wants to do Pirates League possibly at Thanksgiving so I will remember to carry some cash!

Good to know as both daughter and myself are doing this in October (she wouldn’t go unless her Mum did too so it’s a girls morning while her Dad rides Thunder Mountain).

Would $10 be enough (so $5 each or do people generally leave more?)

Good to know as both daughter and myself are doing this in October (she wouldn’t go unless her Mum did too so it’s a girls morning while her Dad rides Thunder Mountain).

Would $10 be enough (so $5 each or do people generally leave more?)

The total for my daughter was about $100 and I tipped $20.

So about what you would do in a dining situation?

I tip then as well (as long as the waiter/waitress isn’t a jerk, obviously lol).

Edited to add: I realized you may have been asking how much I usually tip in a dining situation. I always tip 20%. Hope that helps :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter