Pirates League

tmaxwell

Mouseketeer
Is pirates league good for a 5 year old boy and 7 year old girl? We go in 23 days and I'm thinking of trying to get reservations for them. I'm worried about the makeup smearing or being uncomfortable in the August heat.

My kids have enjoyed pirates league when they were that age. So I think they will like it. That being said, even when we go in December it's easy to end up with smeared makeup. Usually DS wants a full beard and he touches his face a lot so his face smears. The girls usually get mermaid looks which is more around the eyes and down from there, so unless they rub their eyes it doesn't really smear that much.

My 2 youngest are the same age and they will be having a pirate & mermaid makeover in 2 weeks! The pirate makeover is a fun one, my son is a little finicky when it comes to things by his eyes but he had fun. The makeup does smudge a little based upon what you get (full beard Vs goatee) but they get some touch up stuff in a bag so its all good. The Siren mermaid makeover is also a fun one that my daughter loves! We've had it done a few times when they were younger and so long as you choose a good make up set then it lasts a good while!

MK_PIRSLGTUTSHOW_20160814_388621255843%20copy_zps6pfzz19m.jpeg

MK_PIRSLGTUTSHOW_20160814_388621488494%20copy_zpsxixfn9kk.jpeg

My DS and DD were 5 years old with they did PL and loved it. DD did the mermaid package and DS did ghosted pirate. It was a hot September and the pain held up pretty good as long as you did rub your face with your hands. We took the paint off later that night after a swim, with face scrubby pads. We made our appt for 1:30 i think. We got a lot of rides in then chilled out there.

My DS has done it twice and it can take a while (up to an hour), but he, for the most part, enjoyed it. On his second visit, he did the "Jake" makeover and the wig was off before we even exited Adventureland. If you are on the fence, you might want to consider simply going to one of the face painting kiosks at the park. It will take less time and cost less as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter