Pirates Photo Session Suggestions

magicallyhayley

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I’m getting married at Disney in October and am doing the portrait session on route 3 (Rapunzels Tower, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates of the Caribbean) I know for certain that I would like to do more romantic dreamy photos at the Tangled area and more themed photos at the Haunted Mansion but I’m stumped on what poses/spots to plan for by Pirates. Pinterest and Google weren’t very much help either. Does anyone have any ideas that aren’t too cheesy or better yet have portrait pictures they can share from this portion of the session to give me some ideas? Thanks in advance!

Don't always kiss

Practice your dips!

Notice the mans cheek on the right? He's not relaxed at all.

Put the bouquet down and you hold the lantern, both of you look at the photographer. Next, take a few steps back pull the lantern closer, his right hand caresses your left cheek both looking dreaming at each other.

Pirates Courtyard, think Remeo & Juliet

Photographer on balcony you two dancing, not kissing!

These can be taken there too

If there are specific photos you want done put them into a small binder and take it with you. Granted a photographer should see their clients uniquely from all others but they don't always and you end up with "standard" shots. Remember, You are paying for their services, let them serve you by getting what you want!

Good luck & congrats!

Maybe a weird question , but is it even allowed to do your own poses during a park photo shoot? For me the biggest turn off of the park shoots is that every couple seem to do the exact same poses in the exact same place shot from the exact same position.

Is that because most couples don't think about poses, or maybe want the cookie cutter photos? Or the photographers have no space imagination/creativity to do something outside the box. Whenever I look at a photoshoot, it always seems to lack inspiration. You rarily see silly pictures and the couple being themselves. So, I thought, does Disney restrict which photos are allowed to be taken during a park photo shoot?

Yes, you are allowed to take charge of your photo shoot. Disney photographers can and may suggest but it's your choice per Disney. Most people have no clue what they want hence the cookie cutter photos.

There are a few good reasons to practice. First, you have wedding rehearsals and if you plan on dancing some take lessons why should your photo shoot be any different? Secondly, if you think you'll be comfortable in your wedding gown and your fiance in his tux in Florida during October think again. By practicing, you'll save time and sweat!

Avoid the cookie cutter photos. If you see photos that you really want, practice them at home. Then have a friend or family member take photos of you, print these out and put them in your mini binder to take with you on your shoot. Stay focused and in charge. By you, I mean Bride and Groom. And don't forget to bring water and not in plastic bottles!

Just wanted to state, when practicing you do not need to wear full wedding wear. Street clothes are just fine.

@ FoxC63

Thank you so SO much you helped me tremendously. I actually hadn’t seen that. And the poses you added individually have given me so much inspiration! I can’t thank you enough. You are awesome!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!