Pirates water smell in Disneyland vs Disney World.

Rach5496

Earning My Ears
I just got back from Disney World for the first time (been to Disneyland several times), but I was a bit disappointed in the pirates ride in Florida. It didn’t have the classic smell like the California ride. It kind of smelled like sulfur mixed with the artificial smells they add.
has anyone else noticed the smell difference if you’ve been to both Disneyland and Disney World?

I can't say I've noticed a difference. I really love the PotC smell so I think I'd have noticed if the WDW one smelled significantly different. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a subtle difference a certain times of the year since Fla is so much more humid than So Cal. Maybe during times of the year with high humidity there's an extra whiff of damp? We've gone to WDW during traditional times of low-ish humidity.

Absolutely. The WDW doesn't compare with the DLR one in any way - especially smell.

I always think the DL one smells like chlorine (sometimes it’s strong enough to bother me). I can’t remember what the WDW one smells like since it’s been 3+ yrs since I’ve ridden it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!