Pixar Pier comes to DCA along with Pixar Fest and more!

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Pixar Pier will replace Paradise Pier in 2018. The pier will have a new look with characters from many of the Pixar films. Paint the Night will return but to DCA and the Pixar Play parade will move to Disneyland with a all new Pixar night time spectacular!

fljkhjfhkjh489798750.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ebration-coming-throughout-disneyland-resort/

As Disney Parks Chairman Bob Chapek announced at D23 Expo Japan, Pixar Pier will open June 23 at Disney California Adventure park. This reimagined land will feature four whimsical neighborhoods representing beloved Pixar stories with newly themed attractions, foods and merchandise. Guests will enter Pixar Pier through a new marquee, pictured above, which will be topped by the iconic Pixar lamp later in the year.

The June 23 opening of Pixar Pier will also include the Incredicoaster – a super combination of character figures, lighting and special effects that will bring the Parr family racing alongside you in a high-speed adventure.

Also coming in June is a dazzling new float for the popular “Paint the Night” parade featuring Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl and Frozone from “The Incredibles.” This new float will bring all of the fun and excitement of the Incredibles’ world to life with high-tech, pop-art effects inspired by the mid-century-modern style of the films. Dynamic and innovative visual technology will also bring Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack to life, showcasing their powers in surprising ways!

“Paint the Night” Parade makes its Disney California Adventure park debut when the first-ever Pixar Fest celebration begins throughout the Disneyland Resort on April 13.

ppcdl76898856-613x361.jpg

ppfifjkn5678784-1024x554.jpg

dlrptnpfifFI7587.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't sure what to make of this rumor. Are they actually retheming the rides? Or just the area and having Pixar characters walk around?

I'm not sure how I feel about this either. California Adventure will lose Hollywood Land (re-theme) and Paradise Pier (re-theme). It's losing its identity as CALIFORNIA Adventure.

California Adventure has been my favorite American Disney park for the past few years since the whole park seemed to be themed perfectly with some form of California/Western USA inspiration behind each land. Now it seems that its identity is becoming Hollywood Studios West. But I'll reserve final judgement until I experience it firsthand. :)

I'm not sure how I feel about this either. California Adventure will lose Hollywood Land (re-theme) and Paradise Pier (re-theme). It's losing its identity as CALIFORNIA Adventure.

California Adventure has been my favorite American Disney park for the past few years since the whole park seemed to be themed perfectly with some form of California/Western USA inspiration behind each land. Now it seems that its identity is becoming Hollywood Studios West. But I'll reserve final judgement until I experience it firsthand. :)
Honestly, they need to rename the park.

I don't get it. Isn't this a temporary annual event? That was my interpretation of this.

So excited about this! The whole "California pier" theme should have left with the Golden Gate bridge and farming stuff years ago. There are still actual oceanside theme park piers in California one can go to, Santa Cruz and Santa Monica for instance, so a change to a Pixar Pier sounds way more magical to me.

Honestly, they need to rename the park.

Yes, it has nothing to do with California anymore. Although, now it makes slightly more sense why they changed Soarin' at this park to the new movie instead of keeping the original movie as they obviously have no intention of sticking with the California theme at all.

yea it will defintely need a name change soon. With Carsland, and now Pixar Pierand the Marvel land going in there will be little to do with California anymore.
I'm just happy to see that they seem to be keeping the overall appearance of the pier as it is now jsut give it a Pixar theme overall.

I love Pixar, but I'm pretty bummed about this. Paradise Pier is my favorite land in Disneyland, and Mickey's Fun Wheel is probably my favorite park icon. :( Please don't touch Cove Bar!!

I really hope that they keep the PNW theming near Soarin'/Grand Cal.

I love Pixar, but I'm pretty bummed about this. Paradise Pier is my favorite land in Disneyland, and Mickey's Fun Wheel is probably my favorite park icon. :( Please don't touch Cove Bar!!

I really hope that they keep the PNW theming near Soarin'/Grand Cal.
I think you're going to see a lot of easy theming just shoehorned in since this is happening so quickly.

You can tell in the videos Disneyland fans were getting a little P'd off. Florida was getting most of the love all night and it was starting chap their bottoms. Some of them even stopped clapping and pretending they were happy for us. They felt like the loser nominees in an Oscar category.

You could hear the anticipation in the air though, when the bald dude started talking about Mission Breakout. "Now it's our turn." they thought. "They are going to announce the new Marvel section." They started sticking out their chests a little more... Then nope, you're just getting a retheme of your pier and a parade you already had.

You can tell in the videos Disneyland fans were getting a little P'd off. Florida was getting most of the love all night and it was starting chap their bottoms. Some of them even stopped clapping and pretending they were happy for us. They felt like the loser nominees in an Oscar category.

You could hear the anticipation in the air though, when the bald dude started talking about Mission Breakout. "Now it's our turn." they thought. "They are going to announce the new Marvel section." They started sticking out their chests a little more... Then nope, you're just getting a retheme of your pier and a parade you already had.
They did talk a little bit about the Marvel section. They said it's coming (no dates given) and that the avengers and Spider-Man would be a major part of it.

They did talk a little bit about the Marvel section. They said it's coming (no dates given) and that the avengers and Spider-Man would be a major part of it.

Yep, but that maybe just as bad.

They also had to sit and watch the other kids be given their goodies. Luckily a lot of us are "the other kids". Whippee.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter