Pixar Pier comes to DCA along with Pixar Fest and more!

I am okay with this one. I find the current themeing over there just stupid and tacky. I hate those Midway games (such an eyesore) and not a fan of that creepy 1920's seaside carnival theme in general.

However, I really love the themeing of Mickey's Fun Wheel and Silly Symphony Swings and Goofy's Sky School. I find Jumping Jellyfish and the Golden Zephyr could use a new theme, and both of those going Toy Story would make sense...make the Jellyfish ride Parachutes and Army men, and the Zephry could be Zurg themed. And the carousel could use a better theme as well. Maybe Nemo? But I can't imagine the other three rides with a Pixar theme. So, I'm cautiously optimistic, but my kids LOVE all the Paradise Pier rides so I hope they don't take any away.

I was upset about Pixar Pier at first, but the idea is beginning to grow on me. That area of the park has always been weak/inconsistent in theming so I'm glad the land will finally be tied together with pixar.

It still doesn't make any sense to me that with this change, the Play Parade is moving to Disneyland for the Pixar fest. Why not just keep it in DCA and celebrate Pixar fest there, but with World of Color instead of pyro? It seems like the perfect opportunity. Pixar fest happening within Disneyland park feels so unnecessary. At least then we could keep PTN in Disney and not worry about DCA trolly wires hitting the floats.

I can't imagine the Mickey being replaced on Mickey's fun wheel. It is so iconic. I've only been once, but I will be a little sad if that changes (and to what?!).

I hope they do some soft openings because I'm supposed to go from June 18-22 and am majorly bummed out to be missing it, especially by only a day. Missing by a few weeks is one thing, but literally a day?! :sad:

I hope they do some soft openings because I'm supposed to go from June 18-22 and am majorly bummed out to be missing it, especially by only a day. Missing by a few weeks is one thing, but literally a day?! :sad:
I'm not expecting regular softs. I would imagine they are going to do that $150 party like they did for Guardians.

Pixar Pier will replace Paradise Pier in 2018. The pier will have a new look with characters from many of the Pixar films. Paint the Night will return but to DCA and the Pixar Play parade will move to Disneyland with a all new Pixar night time spectacular!

View attachment 253348

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ebration-coming-throughout-disneyland-resort/

As Disney Parks Chairman Bob Chapek announced at D23 Expo Japan, Pixar Pier will open June 23 at Disney California Adventure park. This reimagined land will feature four whimsical neighborhoods representing beloved Pixar stories with newly themed attractions, foods and merchandise. Guests will enter Pixar Pier through a new marquee, pictured above, which will be topped by the iconic Pixar lamp later in the year.

The June 23 opening of Pixar Pier will also include the Incredicoaster – a super combination of character figures, lighting and special effects that will bring the Parr family racing alongside you in a high-speed adventure.

Also coming in June is a dazzling new float for the popular “Paint the Night” parade featuring Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl and Frozone from “The Incredibles.” This new float will bring all of the fun and excitement of the Incredibles’ world to life with high-tech, pop-art effects inspired by the mid-century-modern style of the films. Dynamic and innovative visual technology will also bring Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack to life, showcasing their powers in surprising ways!

“Paint the Night” Parade makes its Disney California Adventure park debut when the first-ever Pixar Fest celebration begins throughout the Disneyland Resort on April 13.

View attachment 301899

View attachment 301900

View attachment 301901
Whoa! Awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter