Pixar Pier: Inside Out appears to be entering final testing (and is now open!)

It is a reskinned Fliks Flyers. Same ride new location and theme. It is a gentle flying ride that moves in acircle. The old ride had music, hopefully this one will too. A nice family ride that is likely to be popular in its new location surrounded by height required rides.

It will have music composed by Michael Giacchino, the same composer from the movie. They are to be original scores based on the five emotions. Sounds great!

Last edited:

My thoughts exactly. I already managed to miss the reservation window for SWGE by about half an hour so getting to see this in action would be nice. Not comparable in any way to SWGE of course but something a little special. There’s is no way of mending the mistake of me missing the reservation for SWGE... 😭

How many people are in your party?

Part of me thought this may have opened today, but I don’t see anything about it. Maybe tomorrow!

It was running pretty much constantly Thursday and Friday with the water dummies but when we rode IC (you know you’re a DisNerd when you’re looking at ride construction while on a roller coaster) I could see that the queue area and surrounding landscape etc still needed some work. But Disney can work around the clock on this one- at least until the walls come down- and I’m sure they are.

I am ambivalent about this ride- it’s cute but it won’t be a must do for us or anything. However, one unexpected benefit for me was how well it fills in that corner of the pier visually. The bright colors look great- especially when it’s running and the orbs are spinning!

It will have music composed by Michael Giacchino, the came composer from the movie. They are to be original scores based on the five emotions. Sounds great!

I'd be happy if it's just that bar of music that is found through the whole movie. So catchy!

They were testing it all day Saturday and Sunday and also in the evening. It is really pretty lit up at night! Can’t wait until it opens because it just looks so darn cute!

Magical kinda mama has pictures and video up! She states that to ride today they had to sign a contract as it’s still testing. I’m betting open to the public this weekend!
I think there is a media event tomorrow so will probably fully open after that.

Side note: We’ve never seen this movie. Is it good for a 4-year-old?
There’s nothing scary or anything like that in it. Personally I think it’s one of Pixar’s best and Amy Poehler did an amazing job. Some of the themes and “lessons” are over my four year old’s head, but he enjoyed the movie. I’d definitely give it a go.

@SOCALMouseMommy (I tried to quote but screwed it up.)

It’s great (although we didn’t have A watch it until she was 5 because we thought she’d get a lot more out of it). She really enjoyed it and we ended up being three of the characters for Halloween last year.

Be warned that you’ll possibly be a sobbing mess of nostalgia by the end.

@SOCALMouseMommy (I tried to quote but screwed it up.)

It’s great (although we didn’t have A watch it until she was 5 because we thought she’d get a lot more out of it). She really enjoyed it and we ended up being three of the characters for Halloween last year.

Be warned that you’ll possibly be a sobbing mess of nostalgia by the end.
Awwwwww thanks for the warning, I’ll get the tissues ready, ha ha. He’s 4.5 so maybe close enough.... we’ll have to give it a go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter