Thanks for the reviews. Trying to decide if my 9yo DS would enjoy it. It sounds like fun and I’m sure the video games would make him very happy.

We're staying at CR later this month and we booked this for our boys (10 & 8) on the 30th. I'm also a little nervous that they may be too old for it, but I haven't found a video game yet that they don't like! I'll let folks know how they respond following the event.

Just wondering how long check in takes? The wife and I have a dinner reservation at flying fish for 5:35. We have our own car to. If we check in right at 5, getting to boardwalk is only 10 minute drive im thinking. Thanks for your help in advance

You have to call in (at least, I did when I booked it a few months ago). Note that you pay in advance too.

Eager for more reviews!

You have to call in (at least, I did when I booked it a few months ago). Note that you pay in advance too.

Eager for more reviews!

I can give you a review. We stayed at the Contemporary 9/6-16th. On Friday the 14th we took our girls (7 and 4) to Pixar Play Zone so me and my wife could go to California Grill for a "Date Night". We arrived at 5:15, filled out a form with all our contact info, picked out what they were going to eat for dinner, Took off their magic bands and they put on wrist bands. A kiss goodbye and off they went! When we picked them up the very first thing they said was "can we come back tomorrow?" well, Saturday was our last day for parks as we checked out Sunday so we didn't take them back the next night. When we picked them up we weren't allowed back in the actual play area but we did step to the side and look back from the front. It looked like they just moved some of the arcade machines out and set up activity areas. There were still plenty of games but lots of room for dancing etc. Our girls talked about it non stop! They did space ranger school, Some cowboy thing with Woody and Jessie, Danced with The Incredibles and played games. We will book it again next time we stay at Contemporary but not if were in another resort unless we have a Cali reservation. Well worth the money.

Sounds fun! I was looking forward to this review. Our son loved the sand castle club. At 9 years old our daughter said the clubs are ok but I think it was mostly younger kids when she last spent time at the clubs. I believe it greatly depends on the child. Our son will be 6 and would absolutely love the pixar play zone. Our daughter is now 10, and is more of a thrill seeker so she’d rather be in the parks.

My kids attended this Wednesday evening 11/14. They are 7 and 4.

We kept telling them they had a fun "camp" experience that night, and that there might be special guests and a dance party so they were pretty excited. We had done Toy Story early hours that morning, so we also told them about it since they had to nap. My kids normally go to bed around 8 or 9, so staying up until 10 or so for the full experience was a stretch anyway. They did take a decent nap that afternoon so we were set.

We walked over from BLT and dropped them off around 5:45. We had a small wait but it was because a larger family was doing a drop-off without an appointment so they had to take a lot of details.

We filled out some paperwork and selected their dinner, then were brought inside where they got wristbands. They told us upfront about the bathroom being a couple floors away and offered to let us take them, but we had that covered (had just gone at room before walking over).

They had handwashing sinks but only one of the four was working...kids washed hands and ran off.

We peeked around the corner and it is a huge arcade type setup, with cubbies along one wall for their stuff. The kids barely said goodbye since everything looked so appealing. :) Later I found out they did the events I've seen online - a Cars race, they met Woody and Jesse, and they had a dance party with the Incredibles.

We picked them up at 10 (which gave us time for dinner at Citricos and a stop at MK for Jungle Cruise at night and BTM during fireworks). The desk did check ID. They were both tired - my daughter was happy tired and my son was "I don't wanna leave" crabby tired. We got their goody bags (my son was disappointed it didn't have candy, he didn't care that he got four great autographs!).

Overall the kids seemed to enjoy it, they didn't want to leave, and said it was awesome and lots of fun. But I didn't get any requests to go back and so far when they tell people about the trip it doesn't make the list of things they bring up, so I don't think I'd call it a highlight for them. I don't know if the activities were above their heads or just not super interesting, but getting them to talk about anything other than the dance party at the end was like pulling teeth.

I don't know that we'd do it again - it was nice to have a couples dinner, but we make time for that at home too, and I missed having the kids with us for rides. I'm also curious if it sticks around - if they could accommodate six kids as a walkup at 5:45 it must not be booked solid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter