Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

Steve is a brilliant man!!! ::yes::

He was definitely brilliant Sat. night when he had this idea :laughing:

can neither confirm nor deny the existence of such phenomenon...even though you may be totally right...shhhh...
Once again, I am sure at least 2 of the females you live with with agree, I AM totally right :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I bet it was a DIS Dad. :rotfl2:
DIS Dad comes up with name for ice cream chain, DIS Mom comes up with new outfit for Jasmine :rotfl:

Wait I’m not supposed to be doing 100% what I want to do all the time on every trip :confused3
#birthdaytripeverytrip
Well we ARE, but we're also supposed to slyly PRETEND that a couple things aren't 100% for us. It gets easier to do the older you get lol.

Nacho buddies for life!
True story :hug:

I hope that you have a great meal there to redeem San Angel against Steve’s table prejudices.
I hope the food knocks his socks off and they hit the people sitting up our butts in the face!

Ugh it just sunk in now how jealous I am you are getting to return to the festival of the arts! I’m working on buttering R up for spring break... I need more than one flower and garden trip, dude!!
I'm a little excited to do the Animation Academy again and paint my 6 squares on the mural lol. No festival food though! Maybe a drink or two and by that I mean a bloody mary or two. I'd LOVE to do 2 F&G visits, we did 2 last year! Don't see it in the cards though as I don't see Steve suggesting a March visit after last month and this month, April is a bit busy for us, and then I have our EPIC March visit followed buy my work cruise. I have one F&W trip already but maybe I can hope for another???

They are definitely slippers in my house. Room shoes just sounds :snooty:
You know now that I think about it, maybe I'd call the awesome GF slippers I got from the Roy suite "room slippers" :snooty:

What did you have at Maria & enzo’s?! We love Enzo’s Hideaway so we haven’t been able to bring ourselves to branch out to the “upstairs” arm. But it’s on my list!
So we had the Antipasti Trio which was Arancini, Mozzerella Caprese and Proscuitto, then I had ravioli and Steve had chicken parm. Everything was delicious! The only thing that could have been better; Steve's chicken was on the thick side and he prefers it thinner. Sauce was tasty, ravioli was awesome, app was great. Bread good with oil, drinks really good, the inside of the restaurant is really cool. We did look at the menu for the lounge after we ate and we definitely want to try that out, too!

How fun to head back to the World, even if a short trip! It does look like you have packed a lot in for those days.
Ha ha I do! Relaxing trip last month, busy one this month, in between in May :goodvibes

I so want to go in March except the flights would cost me close to $2000.00, that is insane, when normally I pay around 3-4 hundred a ticket! I guess the airlines are really taking advantage of the spring break time!
Ugh I believe it :headache: I have a number of clients looking to go away spring break. Whether it's an AI or Disney or somewhere else in the U.S., prices are reasonable until we add air and then it goes out the window! Airlines suck and totally gauge you during holidays, especially spring break.

Have a wonderful trip!
:thanks:

DH and I tried to be spontaneous like that a few weeks ago but I really only had vacation time to do JUST the weekend so we had to scrap it.
That's happened to us more than once! I did have to move like 5 appts. but luckily nothing overly important that couldn't wait a few days :goodvibes

And oh man I have been in that boat not knowing what to eat!
It's even worse when the boys are with us :rolleyes:

CONGRATS on the B-day trip and happy early Birthday!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. That Steve is a good egg!!!
Thank you :hug: I'll fill you in!

Yay! I have a February birthday too so now I'm trying to figure out how to get to Disney by the end of the month ;)
Oooh when's your bday? Hey Aug. is 6 months from now so you're going for your half-birthday :goodvibes:goodvibes

I can't wait to hear what you think of CBR.
Well, I won't be able to tell you yet because we just switched to POFQ :blush: Steve just wasn't feeling CBR so he checked tonight and FQ was availalable, king room, so that's where we'll be! It's been about 5 years since we last stayed there and originally we were staying there last month before switching to BC, so I'm looking forward to it.

That's 100% why I chose CBR for my Sept Trip with the kids. I have a goal of every resort on property by the time I die.
Well, now we're back at French Quarter which is NOT new to us, although it's been 5 years :) Steve wasn't thrilled with CBR but I'll get there someday! You can do DVC resorts without owning though! We've stayed at most. Other than 2 of the all stars here's what I have left:
Contemporary
CBR
POR
Boulder Ridge although since I've stayed on the Copper Creek side and numerous times at WL and will be back as many more times as possible since it's my fave, I consider the entire resort as one and don't technically need to stay at BRV to complete my list :thumbsup2

It's like our trips our next trips are carbon copies. HAHA! I've wanted to eat here since my very first trip and it's finally going to happen!
Awesome! I loved the ambiance. The food wasn't the best Mexican we'd ever had but it was still good, plus I can get my Avocado Margarita there :drinking1 I hope you enjoy it!

Um, sooooooooooooo.... how is this not suggesting it? :confused3:confused3:confused3
I guess in man terms it's not suggesting it :faint:

How exciting about your spontaneous birthday trip! My birthday is close to yours. Wish we were going for mine! Happy early birthday!

Ah...I love the idea of the quick birthday trip for you. Really makes me miss my Annual Pass. I shared the video this morning of Kevin at AK and told my family I want to go back. My DH responded that I'm sure he'll still be there...in TWO YEARS. Ugh. I hope he means one since I'm definitely considering returning in 2020.

Not 100% thrilled with CBR but my discount wasn't helping at this late date so we went with best price with another discount. And as I mentioned to Melinda @pepperandchips, I do want to reach my goal of staying at (just about) every resort and this will be new to us.
I feel like I am surprisingly chipping away at this as well. But I don't think that I will ever get to all of the deluxe resorts. I actually liked CBR. We will be there right after you of course... The SpyGlass Grill sounds like some yummy breakfast options that I am looking forward to trying out.

(all pictures courtesy of people I don't know who contributed to google)
Ha!

sainn-jpg.381621

Yes, lunch on the 19th. Hate it if you must, we ate here once and it was pretty good. I like the cu
Interesting... I kind of what to try it! I know, it gets tons of bad reviews. But I think it would be fun to eat in there.

left off with us doing the Animation Academy which was in the Odyssey building for the Festival of the Arts. Loved it, and may try doing it again next week.
OMG!!!! We did the one in HS long long ago. And I framed them and hung them in the hall but we lost Gwen's somewhere along the way. I wonder if we could make one on the day we arrive. I would love to do it again and get updated versions, and you know, one for Gwen...

I made both a lunch and dinner reservation so we didn't end our trip on a bad meal note and lunch happened to be at a new to us place in DS:
This is really why I try to make 1 sit down reservation a day. It forces us to sit and relax and we know we will eat at least one good meal. Otherwise we go go go, and get hangry!

It's called "Ariane's birthday plan" and we will do 100% what I want to do all the time lol.

That's awesome! :banana:

Mmm, we've only been here once, for our anniversary on our very first adults only trip. I've been dying to get back and now we will :cool1: Dinner on the 19th

I love Yachtsman's but haven't been since 2013. After Kari's review I definitely need to go back!

so seriously only 2 park days but my plan is 3 a day!

Yay! So exciting!

Now that I've discussed February, let's go back to January in this September trip report..

Makes perfect sense ::yes::

I left off with us doing the Animation Academy which was in the Odyssey building for the Festival of the Arts. Loved it, and may try doing it again next week. We drew Stitch which I don't remember every drawing at the original Animation Academy. Now I am the farthest thing from an artist but my drawings somehow come out decent, but Ricky beats us all and Steve usually beats me. Here's his on-the-evil-side looking Stitch:

Nice Stitch pic! I wish they would leave a permanent drawing class somewhere. Clearly, we all love to do it :-)

Before we left we went in to Uniqlo where I picked up a couple things for my granddaughter, and found out slippers are no longer called slippers:

What the???:confused3

So if all goes well...and I don't change my mind...I just MIGHT be in Orlando next week also, but just for ONE NIGHT ONLY. We may fly out on Wed. 2/20 and fly home the evening of 2/21 and we would be doing the Universal parks only...no Disney parks. We'll see if this all works out as we have a few things to solidify first, but I just totally need some warmth and sun, even if only for a day.

So NIX all of that...we are now looking at maybe going over the weekend of Feb. 23rd instead because the flights for 2/20 and 2/21 went up in price.

We'll see.

Last edited:
Finally saw a good commercial, the Mr. Peanut one with Charlie Sheen. Otherwise the commercials suck and that's the only reason I watch the Super Bowl.

Agreed. Only reason to watch, and here in Canada we don't even get to see some of the good American ads.

the part of the festival I'd been most excited for, the Animation Academy! I know many of you remember when it was in HS

I have always wanted to do this and missed it when it was at DHS.

FYI for anyone still going to the festival, the first class is at 3 or 3:30 and it's in the Odyssey building.

I would love to do this, not sure if I will have time!

Feb. 18-21st, CBR

Damn...I know you changed it...wish it wasn't so lol. But I get it lol

Three days until Disney! Weather looks decent, Stepson #2 is stopping over tomorrow to get his directions lol. I started packing lightly tonight. Really getting excited, work has been crazy and I need a break!
I've also been making some more plans for our EPIC Girls' Trip in May. @Jenny Sanders was kind enough to not only book the Up Close With Rhinos tour for herself, her DH Joe, and me, but she booked breakfast for us at BOG and WCC. Since I spend so much time making plans for clients I never get around to doing mine until last minute, so I appreciate her taking over my schedule :laughing: Super excited for the tour, too! Next up will be fastpasses in a few weeks. I'll be making most of them with my sister from another mister Kari @kastoney , the awesome Kelly @buzzrelly , and of course Jenny and Joe!

I left off contemplating Uniqlo's decision to make slippers into room shoes; I forgot to mention that before lunch we caught a high school jazz band playing on the rotunda stage. They were awesome, they played War, Edgar Winter, and more of "my" music.
After dropping our purchases back at the Beach Club we headed to Magic Kingdom, our last park of the trip. We did have fastpasses but got there early enough to do something else first, something Steve occasionally asks to do but I kind of avoid; HoP. It's been years since I did this; we did it with the kids once but neither really remember, and the kids AND Steve always confuse it with the American Adventure over in Epcot :sad2:
It's amazing how certain Presidents really look spot-on while others look downright scary. I did take a couple pictures in the lobby for my mom, who has worked at the county Girl Scout Council for over 20 years:

louhoover.jpg

louhoover2.jpg

She loves anything oldie GS related and they have Lou Henry Hoover's old leader uniform and pins in there. Neat!

We used a couple FP's in Frontierland and Adventureland; we were making our way out of Frontierland when I heard some tinkling music......wait, I know that sound! I heard it before! On a visit last year with my good friend and fellow TA Cathy, I heard the same music and booked it back over towards the Country Bears because I knew this hoedown would be happening and some of my buddies would be out!

brabbit.jpg

bbear.jpg

clarabelle.jpg

horace.jpg

Of course no meet and greets and really no pictures except for the lucky guests they pluck from the audience, but I was happy just watching my Br'er bros and their friends. Before leaving the area we picked up Deez Nutz :D

nuts.jpg

We had dinner coming up in a bit but also needed something sugary and crunchy in between lol.

Eventually we said "see ya real soon" (but I had no idea HOW soon!) and we hopped the monorail for our dinner. I went with the still unknown to all of you pretty much best meal we'd had back in November with the boys, and booked Narcoossees for our final dinner. This was a double plus because although we wouldn't end the night in a park, I could watch HEA from there and I love watching from their deck. Dinner was spectacular, again!!!! Yup we both had the cheesecake. Shortly before 9 a bunch of us bundled up and went out on the deck for the fireworks:

fireworks1.jpg

fireworks2.jpg

Some really cool folks had brought the sheets off their beds and spread them out ON THE ROCKS RIGHT AT THE EDGE OF THE WATER BY THE BOAT DOCK to watch HEA. I kept waiting for a CM to tell them to get their stupid butts out of there but nobody did; I mean their legs were probably 5 feet from the water although they were up on an incline a bit. A BIT.

We had to leave early the next morning, ME got us at 7:30, so that's it for January! It was another excellent albeit rather frigid trip, I am looking forward to warmer temps next week. Thanks for letting me do a TR within a TR!

How exciting about your spontaneous birthday trip! My birthday is close to yours. Wish we were going for mine! Happy early birthday!
:thanks: and Happy Birthday to you too! So excited to spend my actual birthday there :goodvibes I came close 5 years ago, we did a 10 day trip but left 2 days before my birthday. Which was also cool being down there right around it but this will be even better!

I shared the video this morning of Kevin at AK and told my family I want to go back.
I'm hoping I can see him next Wed. when we go to AK.

My DH responded that I'm sure he'll still be there...in TWO YEARS.
Oh, that's a big NO :sad2:

But I don't think that I will ever get to all of the deluxe resorts.
You never know! Awhile back I doubted we'd ever stay at the GF; then when I became a TA I thought, "Hmm, might happen". And it did, even better than I expected the stay to be lol. I also didn't really think we'd stay at Pop and that happened, so never say never!

Interesting... I kind of what to try it! I know, it gets tons of bad reviews. But I think it would be fun to eat in there.
We didn't hate it or think it was bad, it just wasn't anything special compared to Mexican by us except for the Avocado marg :drinking1 It was cool being by the volcano though, but not so cool almost being in the laps of our neighbors lol. However I love Mexican and want something more than the QS there even though I love that also, so we're giving it another shot! Steve doesn't even know yet because he hasn't asked where we're eating :laughing:

OMG!!!! We did the one in HS long long ago. And I framed them and hung them in the hall but we lost Gwen's somewhere along the way. I wonder if we could make one on the day we arrive.
You should make the effort!!! They'll have so much fun, it doesn't start until 3 or 3:30 though and lines can get long so whatever time you want to do it, get there at least 30 minutes before. It goes every 30 minutes until like 7 or so.

I wish they would leave a permanent drawing class somewhere. Clearly, we all love to do it :-)
::yes:: Yeah well, people loving something usuall equals them getting rid of it..................

So NIX all of that...we are now looking at maybe going over the weekend of Feb. 23rd instead because the flights for 2/20 and 2/21 went up in price.

We'll see.
We originally were looking to go for my bday instead of in January, but airfare around the 20th was crazy. Luckily when we looked last weekend it had gone down a decent amount but yeah, in general being around a holiday it can suck. I hope next weekend works for you, my fingers are crossed!

Damn...I know you changed it...wish it wasn't so lol. But I get it lol
I'm sure you'll be happy at CBR, pictures I've seen look great and all the food options now sound delicious! Steve just wasn't feeling it and I did like POFQ when we stayed, and I like the idea of beignets :banana:

Next up will be fastpasses in a few weeks. I'll be making most of them with my sister from another mister Kari @kastoney , the awesome Kelly @buzzrelly , and of course Jenny and Joe!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

booked it back over towards the Country Bears because I knew this hoedown would be happening and some of my buddies would be out!

brabbit-jpg.382676

bbear-jpg.382675

How fun! I've not caught this myself. Nor have I taken Mike into CBJ. I think we'll have to check it out next trip :thumbsup2

Shortly before 9 a bunch of us bundled up and went out on the deck for the fireworks:

fireworks1-jpg.382690

fireworks2-jpg.382691

Gorgeous view! Why the heck would they allow people to sit on those rocks?? We don't need another tragedy to happen :sad2:

Hey all! I have some news to share :chat: Yesterday Steve came up with the brilliant idea to take me to DISNEY for my birthday next week! Yup, we've been back a few weeks and we're heading down again. VERY quick this time, 3 nights vs. the 4 we did in Jan., but Steve has a new boss and isn't even sure what the response will be about 3 days vacation with such short notice lol. His old boss would have said GO!
Awesome news!! Steve gets major points for that idea!

Mmm, we've only been here once, for our anniversary on our very first adults only trip. I've been dying to get back and now we will :cool1: Dinner on the 19th
Mmmmm, dreaming of those onion rolls and roasted garlic!!

Yeah, not too fancy but somewhere we haven't been in awhile and I want to do! We didn't do AK at all in Jan. so I do want to spend time here and I like it at night. Plus I want to put our Landry's card to good use. Plus this figured in partially to the one small dining mishap we had last month so.....again Steve, it's MY birthday!!!
Y&Y is always yummy!

Later when Steve said I should have suggested somewhere else I reminded him I suggested Sanaa and Y&Y to which he replied "no you didn't, you just said we could go there". Ladies, men need things S-P-E-L-L-E-D O-U-T. Sorry Jeff @Terra Nova guy, but I'm willing to bet good $$ at least 2 of the ladies you live with would agree!
That is what I like to call selective hearing, my lovely DH is also guilty of this even though he would deny it, lol!

The inside is so cool! It wasn't busy at all but it was a Tuesday, we loved our meal so it began to make up for dinner the previous night. Before we left we went in to Uniqlo where I picked up a couple things for my granddaughter, and found out slippers are no longer called slippers:
So fun to get to buy for a little girl after having boys!

She loves anything oldie GS related and they have Lou Henry Hoover's old leader uniform and pins in there. Neat!
I love the artifacts in the HoP lobby.

Eventually we said "see ya real soon" (but I had no idea HOW soon!) and we hopped the monorail for our dinner. I went with the still unknown to all of you pretty much best meal we'd had back in November with the boys, and booked Narcoossees for our final dinner. This was a double plus because although we wouldn't end the night in a park, I could watch HEA from there and I love watching from their deck. Dinner was spectacular, again!!!! Yup we both had the cheesecake. Shortly before 9 a bunch of us bundled up and went out on the deck for the fireworks:

Three days until Disney!
:hyper::hyper::hyper:

I've also been making some more plans for our EPIC Girls' Trip in May
I'm SO jealous!!! I briefly tried a couple nights ago to see if I could pull it off... :rolleyes1 But, alas, I think I need to focus on graduating and plan a trip for the summer :sad2: :laughing: Darn school. I can't wait until I don't have to plan my life/Disney trips around it starting in May!!!

We had dinner coming up in a bit but also needed something sugary and crunchy in between lol.
Ariane, you're speaking my language... as you so often do! ;) ::yes::

Thanks for letting me do a TR within a TR!
No, thank you! :laughing: Will we have the pleasure of another TR within a TR after next week? ;)

I've also been making some more plans for our EPIC Girls' Trip in May. @Jenny Sanders was kind enough to not only book the Up Close With Rhinos tour for herself, her DH Joe, and me, but she booked breakfast for us at BOG and WCC. Since I spend so much time making plans for clients I never get around to doing mine until last minute, so I appreciate her taking over my schedule :laughing: Super excited for the tour, too! Next up will be fastpasses in a few weeks. I'll be making most of them with my sister from another mister Kari @kastoney , the awesome Kelly @buzzrelly , and of course Jenny and Joe!

You are very welcome!!!! It was my pleasure!!! Don't forget Flying Fish for dinner Sunday night!!!!!8-)

Looking forward to coordinating our fast Passes!!!

You should make the effort!!! They'll have so much fun, it doesn't start until 3 or 3:30 though and lines can get long so whatever time you want to do it, get there at least 30 minutes before. It goes every 30 minutes until like 7 or so.
I def think I want to try. And that is next Friday!!!!! Woo Hoo!! I am getting so excitied!

We didn't hate it or think it was bad, it just wasn't anything special compared to Mexican by us except for the Avocado marg :drinking1 It was cool being by the volcano though, but not so cool almost being in the laps of our neighbors lol. However I love Mexican and want something more than the QS there even though I love that also, so we're giving it another shot! Steve doesn't even know yet because he hasn't asked where we're eating :laughing:
Might need to put it on my Summer list...

Have a great trip. Tell Mickey we are coming!!!!

It's called "Ariane's birthday plan" and we will do 100% what I want to do all the time lol.

It's my birthday Steve!

Love it and I'm sure you'll need to repeat it at least once or twice during your trip :rotfl:

YUM two of my favorites perfect choices for the birthday girl ::yes::

Oh and you know I'm getting that Bloody Mary again from Epcot at some point because I can literally taste it in my mouth whenever I try and I deeply miss it.
I don't blame you :drinking1

Ladies, men need things S-P-E-L-L-E-D O-U-T.
YES!!!!!!

I'm willing to bet good $$ at least 2 of the ladies you live with would agree!
YES!!!!!!! If I had a nickel for every time during our 31 years of marriage I heard " you never told me that " I could buy DVC

Glad you liked this place hoping to try it soon

Beautiful and perfect ending to your trip pixiedust:

I read through this whole thing yesterday. Amazingly, as late as I am, I didn't miss the end of the trip! I had a great time catching up with your trips/life over the past few months and seeing the story behind some of the things I've seen on Facebook. I showed my DH your suite pictures and he officially hates y'all. :laughing:

Happy (early) birthday and I hope your upcoming trip goes fabulously! Though, after the pixie dust of September, I'm sure all future trips will have massive shoes to fill.

Your granddaughter is so sweet! I hope you get lots of chance to be with her. :)

Feb. 18-21st, CBR
It will be a lot warmer than your January trip. We will miss you by two days. We arrive on Feb 23rd and are really looking forward to warm weather. It is snowing here right now.

Yes, lunch on the 19th. Hate it if you must, we ate here once and it was pretty good. I like the current menu, I did not like La Hacienda much when we ate there, and Steve doesn't like how close the tables are here so normally gives it a thumbs down. I can eat Mexican food twice a day so.....guess what? It's my birthday Steve!
I really like to eat there for lunch but Dana doesn't particularly care for it. I love Mexican food, too. :)

Oh and you know I'm getting that Bloody Mary again from Epcot at some point because I can literally taste it in my mouth whenever I try and I deeply miss it.
That is reason enough to plan a last minute trip. ::yes::

We drew Stitch which I don't remember every drawing at the original Animation Academy.
We did an Animation class at DHS and when the artist asked if anyone in t he class knew who Stitch was, no one raised their hand. I've never seen the cartoon and I guess I'm not the only one. But he does look fun to draw.

Before we left we went in to Uniqlo where I picked up a couple things for my granddaughter, and found out slippers are no longer called slippers:
My sister lived in Japan for a short time when her husband was there for his job. They went to dinner at a Japanese home one night and everyone takes their shoes off and puts on "room shoes" (slippers) when they enter a home. They have a separate set of "room shoes" to change into when using the bathroom. She forgot to change into the bathroom slippers, which did not go over well with the hosts. :)

Well, now we're back at French Quarter which is NOT new to us, although it's been 5 years :) Steve wasn't thrilled with CBR but I'll get there someday! You can do DVC resorts without owning though! We've stayed at most. Other than 2 of the all stars here's what I have left:
Contemporary
CBR
POR
We really like POR. It is the only moderate resort we have stayed at and we have enjoyed all three visits.

I hope you are able to do your New Years Eve trip. I think it would be fun to be there for the fireworks.

I'm sure you'll be happy at CBR, pictures I've seen look great and all the food options now sound delicious! Steve just wasn't feeling it and I did like POFQ when we stayed, and I like the idea of beignets :banana:

Yeah I loved POFQ for the beignets too and also its small size. I'm sure for this short solo trip CBR will be just fine though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!