Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

WOW WOW WOW!!! I'm amazed that you actually managed to leave the room. It's so much fun to read about your experience. There's so much negativity with Disney these days, raising prices, crowds, construction, etc. and it's great to read about a totally fun pixie-dust filled trip. Love your pics and your writing and looking forward to more!

The suite looks lovely, nice way to start a trip! I can’t even imagine such an upgrade!
I still can't believe we got it, and I have no answers as to why. All I know is that's probably it as far as upgrades we'll get, at least for 10 years or so!

AP had always been on my list for the delicious mushroom soup, weird it is not going to be on the new menu! I wonder if it will still be available at the lounge, hope so!
Well from what I was told at our dinner, it is supposed to still be available somewhere, and my fingers are seriously crossed. I guess we'll have to wait until the menus are officially changed on line to see :rolleyes:

We keep hoping that on one of our many trips, something like this will happen to us. It doesn't have to be a suite. We will take any kind of upgrade.
I hope you do, too! We were upgraded once from standard to garden which I know happens rather often. But you know, I read about all these totally cool upgrades here on the DIS that people get, like going form non-club to club, or getting 100 extra FP's added to their account, whatever, and I always said to myself, "why not me" lol. So now I hope that all my DIS friends get a cool upgrade at some point :-)

My mind is blown! Even seeing the photos again, I still can't believe it. What an amazing surprise!
I know, every time I see the pictures I'm reminded of how cool it was!

And I'm so glad you got to Artist Point again before the changes come into effect. Looking forward to hearing about your meals!
Oh me too, and we had a really good experience. Not happy the soup isn't on the new menu but that wasn't a big surprise :sad2: Hoping Territory Lounge doesn't change much!

Oh my goodness. I don't know that I would be able to leave that suite!! Love the view! and the decor! :cheer2:
:laughing: It was certainly harder to leave here than when we stayed at Pop Century!

Wow !! I know what we are booking if we ever hit Powerball.
::yes:: Yup, if we ever have like, $10,000 or so to do nothing with, we'll just book the suite for a few nights. I see that happening soon, if soon is pretty much never :rotfl2:

Other than going to the pool out for meals or beverages :drinking1, you would have a hard time getting me off that balcony
Steve was out there every chance he got!

I seriously don't think I'd want to leave. Period. :love:pixiedust:
Check out morning was much sadder than a regular Disney check out morning, believe me..................

The suite is gorgeous. I love the TV, too. That is very classy. The personal touches like the pictures of Roy and his family are cool, too.
Steve loved the TV; I loved the pictures and that they all had little plaques underneath that explained the people and places.

I love the view from t he balcony. We stayed in Big Pine Key and had a view of the Poly, which was really nice.
Sounds nice! Now I want to stay at the GF in an outer building just to see what we would have been in for had we not been upgraded. Of course if I book that again and we get upgraded, so be it :laughing:

We also love the WL and even though we tend to stay at the BC most of the time, we still love the WL best of all. :)
WL just has that "home" and comfort feeling every time you walk in. I have 2 stays booked there next year already but I know I'll miss it next month, especially since I haven't stayed there since March.

We ate at Artist Point on Saturday night and it was crowded, too. We expected it to be mostly empty, like it normally is, but it wasn't. As a result we didn't get the kind of service we are used to at AP. Our waiter was rushed and super busy. But the food was good.
Luckily our server was really good but yes, she was busier than our previous server since it was much busier. Can you imagine how busy it's going to be in and around there when the new character meal begins??

Wow wow wow! The suite!! It’s stunning! $2,100-3,000 a night? :scared1::scared1::scared1: Oh man. That’s some SERIOUS pixie dust lol
That is pixie dust that most normal folk don't have :rotfl: I don't even know if the suites are ever discounted? Something tells me no lol

Oh my goodness! I am in love!!!!! I would never want to leave those beautiful rooms! Can't wait to see more pictures!

We've missed the WL lobby on both of our Thanksgiving trips, so next month I swear on all that is holy I'm seeing it! And while I remembered you were going I forgot that's where you're staying, so lucky! We'll have to compare plans to see when we can meet up again :hug:

Yes definitely :hug:

So I'm just sitting here, watching TV, and it crossed my mind....
Hey, maybe my DIS friends want to see some pictures of the

ROY DISNEY SUITE :cool1:

maybe?

Jeez, ya think?? We've only been waiting FOR-ever!

In case you don't know

No, I don't know…I'll never know :sad:

Wait, WHERE'S the TV you ask? It's here!

img_8583-jpg.356413

What?? Shut up! That is super cool!

One more of the living room:

img_8571-jpg.356411

Those pictures :love:

the suite has 2.5 baths.

two for you and 0.5 for Steve?

To the left is the bathroom with the bedroom at the end; to the right was my own personal dressing room lol

Wow, you're so fancy!

the boys were pissed they weren't with us and asked if we could stay there for our Thanksgiving trip.

I hope you booked it for them with a Roy Suite bounceback offer :P

So as of now my poor, deprived boys are stuck in a 1 bedroom villa at SSR

Terrible mother, how will they ever forgive you :goodvibes

::yes::

It WAS overwhelming! It took us a bit to not get lost lol, those first few minutes we'd be running around and yell, "where are you?" "Wait, where does this lead??" We quickly got the lay of the land and soon it became old hat. In fact if I walked in again today I'd know exactly where everything is :laughing:

Steve pushed the button to make it go up and down like 6x when he first figured it out :rolleyes: but like I said it's really the little things!
On a different note I saw your itinerary in the Nov. thread and we don't overlap at all which stinks! I was hoping to meet up, but a couple times we're like just missing each other. If we change our plans at all I'll let you know!

Weirdly enough the entryway was one of my favorite parts; not overly dramatic but it set the tone for the rest of the suite. The photos were awesome and I have close ups, don't worry :thumbsup2 There are 3 other suites at the GF and the one right above is the Walt Disney suite, which I assume is filled with pictures primarily of him; now I want to see those lol!

:rotfl:By the end of the trip we certainly felt like we could do that! It seriously took some time for it to sink in, like after we got back from dinner. But I wasted no time getting pictures on facebook, and sharing with my fellow TA's, and texting all my friends every time a little more pixie dust came our way :tinker:

I kind of wish we'd known about it beforehand so I could have planned more resort time, or that we had a longer stay! If we were there a week or had the boys with us we definitely would have hung out more, but between the F&W fest and having the Halloween party, and meeting up with some friends here and there, we had a full schedule. But yes it was harder to leave each morning than normal!

We enjoy the BW and had some great views during our stays. We also had a horrific stay back in 2015 but that's a story for another day :crazy2: and I think it's my favorite of the 3 Epcot area resorts.

:welcome: Kaitlyn, thank you so much for coming over!

OMG it was so unbelievable and unexpected, and I believe uncommon! Thank you, it was an amazing once in a lifetime (I'm sure) experience :goodvibes

Oh there's more lol, so many more you'll be tired of them!

There were lots of little details that made it more special :cloud9:

We've missed the WL lobby on both of our Thanksgiving trips, so next month I swear on all that is holy I'm seeing it! And while I remembered you were going I forgot that's where you're staying, so lucky! We'll have to compare plans to see when we can meet up again :hug:

Well, if it's anything like my September trip, I'll get there and my itinerary will go out the window! :rotfl2:
What's yours look like?

Following along. Ive enjoyed reading your past reports so I'm sure this one will be great as well. On a side note, my daughter is scheduled for ACL surgery December 10th. She tore it snowboarding over spring break and we went 4 months back and forth with the doctor before insurance approved an MRI. Because of her schooling !she had just transferred from her 2 year college to her new 4 year college and started the day we saw the Ortho Doc) he said we could delay surgery until her Christmas break as long as she was fitted for her brace and wore it until then.

I'm late to the party -- but that is a heck of an upgrade!

Still gets me how they know when you arrive lol.

I don't know if they just get alerts when CL guests check in for ME or what, but I'm sure that's what triggers it. Actually pretty much the whole bus got off there, we stopped at the Poly first but only a couple people got off. So anyone could have said they were the DeVizio's if they knew what was in store for them!

I bet it's a combination of scanning your MB to get on MDE, as well as the hotel likely uses the long range RFID to let them know when you actually enter the building.

Ok, so now that you are finally getting around to showing your lovely audience the pictures, I’m absolutely speechless. The suite is gorgeous. You definitely hit the Pixie Dust jack pot!!!! You and Steve totally deserved it!!!

:tink:Wowzers!:dogdance: Too bad it was only 4 days!! I always want to stay longer, BUT that suite would make it EVEN harder to leave!!!!

Holy crap, I'm drooling already over the suite! I say just spam us with pictures, lol! I love all the details, like photos, and yes I would think of Mary Poppins every time I looked at those umbrellas!

I just don't understand why you can't fit the suite in your budget for those poor deprived boys of yours for Thanksgiving! :rolleyes1:laughing::rotfl2:

Can't wait to read more!

O. M. G. Pixie dust is an understatement!!! Pretty sure my first apartment was smaller than the entryway :laughing: I'm so happy for you and Steve that you got to experience it! And so happy for all of us that we get to live vicariously through your report to see it for ourselves :thumbsup2

So as of now my poor, deprived boys are stuck in a 1 bedroom villa at SSR unless something better opens up with my discount!
Ugh, the poor things! How will they ever survive?! :rotfl:;)

WOW WOW WOW!!! I'm amazed that you actually managed to leave the room. It's so much fun to read about your experience. There's so much negativity with Disney these days, raising prices, crowds, construction, etc. and it's great to read about a totally fun pixie-dust filled trip. Love your pics and your writing and looking forward to more!

Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing. If I were upgraded to this room, I would bag the rest of the trip and just enjoy such a luxurious space, LOL

I am back and trying to catch up on everyones TR!

And here's the view from the deck out these doors:

img_8569-jpg.356416
Perfect View!

img_8563-jpg.356406

Holy OMG!! The living room is bigger than a regular resort room!!! Some more shots:
Seriously, it's a whole apartment!

We did the monorail to boat to WL route because I love the WL boat; and soon I was walking in to my most favorite Disney resort lobby of all:

img_8586-jpg.356497

Yes that's right, despite our unbelievable upgrade and so far fantastic GF CM's (and they get better, just wait!), Wilderness Lodge is still my "home".
So, we went to Geyseur Point for dinner our last night and seriously, we walked into the lobby and we both just took in deep breaths and just said how much we love Wilderness Lodge!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!