Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

img_1595-jpg.402054

Which someone in our group has now deemed the plague donut lol. Diseased or not it was so delicious that I had it another day too! I can't remember the name but I believe it was something along the lines of the Rose Gold donut.
Glad it was good, but that looks hideous. Whoever deemed this the plague donut was definitely onto something!

img_1616-jpg.402065

Hello Nomad Lounge! Nice and cool (it was HOT this trip) we sat at a high top in the middle which is technically for either a large party or one of those "sharing" tables. We got a few small plates and I forced everyone to try my bread service because it's awesome; I also let Kari @kastoney know that while she was finishing up her work day before boarding a plane, we were in pretty much her favorite location in the World :P
Yeah, 3 weeks later still not bitter at all. I mean could you at least not just do Restaurantasaurus?

I had tried booking this tour for us last November, and in both January and February but this sucker sells out FAST! Lucky for me Jenny happened to check on day and found availability, she texted me and viola! We were in :goodvibes Unfortunately no pictures guys because the entire 1 hour tour is "backstage", and if you've ever done a tour before you know that no pictures at all are allowed back there. Disappointing, but the tour was not! We went back to the rhino enclosure where we learned lots about how they're taken care of, how they live in AK, the conservation efforts of Disney and around the world to save them, how they're called in each night off the savanna, and most importantly we got to pet a rhino!!!!

I'm definitely going to try to book this for next March for Mike and myself. Is the booking window 180 days?

Once the tour was done it was time to meet up with our girl Kelly @buzzrelly ! Kelly had been in the park all day but since she originally wasn't supposed to arrive until that night she wasn't in on our tour.

I felt so left out :sad1:

Actually, I was in love with this Mama Gorilla and sat watching her for a LONG time ::yes::
enhance

Hello Nomad Lounge! Nice and cool (it was HOT this trip) we sat at a high top in the middle which is technically for either a large party or one of those "sharing" tables. We got a few small plates and I forced everyone to try my bread service because it's awesome; I also let Kari @kastoney know that while she was finishing up her work day before boarding a plane, we were in pretty much her favorite location in the World :P

Such a great place! I loved my first experience there! But I'm a little salty that you didn't show me the Cauliflower Bites menu. I guess that's top secret that only @kastoney has privy to ::yes::

So many Epic trip reports! Not enough time!
Love reading all about this amazing trip.

Back to back rides on BTMRR without having to wait in line again even, whoot!
I got to do this once...back in 2010 when the Halloween party was actually a special limited attendance event. I did three rides on BTMRR back to back. It would be fantastic to do that again. I must really consider DAH on a future trip. Hopefully it doesn't get as crowded as the parties.

As with many WDW trips these first night plans changed a few times for all of us so I was not in for dinner with them - in for dinner - out - in again at a different restaurant so a big:thanks: to both for starting my arrival night off with fun and lots of MEAT!
I can get on board with lots of meat! WCC really looks like my kind of place.

img_1595-jpg.402054

Which someone in our group has now deemed the plague donut lol. Diseased or not it was so delicious that I had it another day too! I can't remember the name but I believe it was something along the lines of the Rose Gold donut.
It totally is a plague donut!

However the DIS can also lead you to wonderful friends and help you make amazing memories!
It's so true! :grouphug:

Billie on my right @Elevationist was an "old yet younger than me" friend I'd met twice before but was never lucky enough to actually sit down and hang with; if you were lucky enough to read her dining reports from way back then you know how hysterical she is!
Oh, yes... how I miss those reports :(

:rotfl2:

We headed towards the HUB but stopped for another gem in which I know exactly where to look: nowhere:
:laughing:

When do you see Main St. like this anymore?
Wow! Sounds like the whole night was pretty empty... I should really consider doing this sometime!

What a great start to an EPIC trip!

Hi, Ariane! I recently read your initial trip report about your original EPIC trip in the Roy Disney Suite, but I felt silly commenting on a report from last year! Thank you for continuing your report so I could pipe in how much I enjoyed reading about all your amazing pixie dust! I loved seeing the pictures, hearing about your surprise daily fastpasses, and enjoying all the fun of your last trip.

I'm also quite excited to follow along on your journey of your most recent EPIC trip! It seems like everyone had such a great time! It's too bad you missed out on the VIP tour, but it looks like you got off to a great start.

I miss @Elevationist 's dining reports, too! They were great!

It's too bad the DAH events weren't occurring several years ago when my sister and I traveled to the World! We would've loved them! It will be tougher (impossible?!) to do something like that with a young child, but maybe something will work out sometime. From everything I've read the DAH events seem awesome!

Still following along and love hearing all about the girl's trip!
:wave: thank you so much for hanging in here with me! It was truly a wonderful, fun, pretty much laughs every minute trip that I have been missing and am eagerly awaiting doing again :goodvibes

I really don't want to pay more money, but DAH at MK looks so worth it!
I know the extra money sucks but it's kinda better than not getting what you want done during regular park hours which happens to us a lot since lately we go over holidays. And now with my boys' ages it's much easier to get them out in the parks later as opposed to earlier, so I think we'll really get our $$ worth in July when we do it at HS with them!

Glad it was good, but that looks hideous. Whoever deemed this the plague donut was definitely onto something!
:laughing: honestly all I saw was no magic bars = give me something else sweet and that worked. Since they labeled it the rose gold donut or whatever that's what I was brainwashed to see.

Yeah, 3 weeks later still not bitter at all. I mean could you at least not just do Restaurantasaurus?
Nope :snooty: And we won't go to Restaurantasaurus in a few weeks when we're in AK either, but at least you'll be there a few weeks after us to make up for me going to Nomad Lounge without you again :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

'm definitely going to try to book this for next March for Mike and myself. Is the booking window 180 days?
You should and yes! It also books up super fast so be sure to do it right at 180 days, it's only once a day at 11:00 :)

I felt so left out :sad1:

Actually, I was in love with this Mama Gorilla and sat watching her for a LONG time ::yes::
I know, I wish we could have added you! Although you DID get to do that stupid VIP TOUR THAT I MISSED!

Such a great place! I loved my first experience there!
So glad I got to be with you for your first time :p

But I'm a little salty that you didn't show me the Cauliflower Bites menu. I guess that's top secret that only @kastoney has privy to ::yes::
:rotfl2:ok ok but honestly I swear I saw these on the menu! And I didn't know I had t READ the menu to you! See that's what happens when you continuously play with your eyesight in the name of looking hot :cool1:

So many Epic trip reports! Not enough time!
Love reading all about this amazing trip.
I know, I'm trying to read everyone's because it's cool reading the different versions and I'm having trouble keeping up too! We weren't all always together and some of us spent more time together than others, so I like to see what was going on when I wasn't there :goodvibes So glad you're still reading along with me though!

I got to do this once...back in 2010 when the Halloween party was actually a special limited attendance event.
Yup I remember our Halloween parties in 2007, 2010 and 2011, SO uncrowded and nice. Then 2014 we did the very first Sept. party and even that wasn't bad although nothing like the earlier days. Last year? :grouphug:

I must really consider DAH on a future trip. Hopefully it doesn't get as crowded as the parties.
I'm hoping that doesn't happen also. Interested to see the difference at HS DAH when we do it in July from when we did it in January, although that was a holiday weekend and this will be too.................

It totally is a plague donut!
:rotfl: did you coin the term lol???

I'm guessing Kelly was the water drinker. Too much sugar in the drinks.
You know I think that might be a Truely? It's like a low carb alcoholic drink that Kelly was fond of getting when the rest of us got our adult beverages :drinking1but yes that's Kelly's lol

Oh, yes... how I miss those reports :(
I know, but @Elevationist is a sincerely busy woman now, too busy for us. We're just lucky she took time out of her busy schedule to shower us with her presence on the EPIC trip :D

Wow! Sounds like the whole night was pretty empty... I should really consider doing this sometime!
You should try doing it when you go in August! It will be cooler for sure!

Hi, Ariane! I recently read your initial trip report about your original EPIC trip in the Roy Disney Suite, but I felt silly commenting on a report from last year! Thank you for continuing your report so I could pipe in how much I enjoyed reading about all your amazing pixie dust!
Hi and :welcome: WOW, thank you for reading through this whole report! I'm glad you decided to comment now :goodvibes That trip was so special and we'll never forget it :cloud9: Steve and I can't walk around the grounds of the GF without finding the window of the suite and looking up at it longingly lol!

I'm also quite excited to follow along on your journey of your most recent EPIC trip! It seems like everyone had such a great time! It's too bad you missed out on the VIP tour, but it looks like you got off to a great start.
OMG you have no idea how thrilled I am that this actually happened! From the time it was brought up to the time the planning really got going I kept thinking most people would end up dropping out. It was better than I imagined it would be!

It's too bad the DAH events weren't occurring several years ago when my sister and I traveled to the World! We would've loved them! It will be tougher (impossible?!) to do something like that with a young child, but maybe something will work out sometime. From everything I've read the DAH events seem awesome!
Yeah definitely harder with small kids since many of them don't even start until 8 or 9; our MK one didn't start until 10. But they are definitely worth the money if they work for your party.

I didn't know I had t READ the menu to you!

:rotfl:

Well, now you know :P

You know I think that might be a Truely? It's like a low carb alcoholic drink that Kelly was fond of getting when the rest of us got our adult beverages :drinking1but yes that's Kelly's lol

I should NOT be admitting this, but sadly, I think that is water :sad2: I don't think they had Trulys there or I would have gotten one.

Hi there everyone! Hope you all had a nice holiday weekend. The kids had SIX days off as their unused snow days were tacked on to their regular Memorial Day break so we spent one day in the city seeing Blue Man Group and having dinner in Little Italy. I'd seen BMG in Orlando before but it was the first time for the rest of the family and it was a hit.

We only decided on BMG 3 days prior and before getting those tickets Steve was trying to get us to Disney for the holiday weekend......yup totally last minute, but airfare stopped that. What it didn't stop was us booking a 4 night trip for the 2 of us for September! That will be trip #5 of 7 this year for me :Pinkbounc and we'll be at the G-Flo for the 2nd time. And no, we didn't book the Roy Suite unfortunately lol. So our next trip is in July with the boys and then the two of us Sept. 14-18th for the F&W Festival ::yes::

MAY 3 PART 2

We returned from AK later than we thought so our evening plan changed from visiting F&G to chilling at our resort. We all freshened up and regrouped at our 2nd lounge of the day, WL's wonderful Territory Lounge! Again it was Steve and I, Jenny @Jenny Sanders and her DH Joe and Kelly @buzzrelly to start and we got drinks and food including my much missed Artist Point Mushroom Bisque

IMG_1654.JPG

and not for the last time this trip, nachos!

IMG_1655.JPG

Both were delicious and I believe Jenny loved these as well. Oh and our drinks:

IMG_1653.JPG

#notsangriaandamule

We were relaxin' and a chillin'

IMG_1666.JPG

Just call this my attempt at an artsy pictures since I can't seem to flip it :headache: and we were counting down the minutes until this lady Ubered into our group:

IMG_1660 (2).JPG

IMG_1675 (2).JPG

Whoo! I believe @kastoney was the last of the EPIC group to arrive and man was I glad to finally see my friend again :love2: In addition to our first meeting way back at the pre-ROL super popular Jungle Book show Steve and I were lucky enough to hang with the sly family Stone a couple times when our trips overlapped in 2017 and I had treated Kari and Casey to the pleasure that is Chris on a trip to Maryland too. This visit was long overdue!

We were also waiting for the majority of the EPIC gang to finish their dinner at 'Ohana and head over to us; once they were on their way we made our way outside to Geyser Point. You guys should have seen the poor GP CM's face when she asked "how many" and I said "table for......30?" I thought she was going to tell me to have a Disney day 💩 Slightly off topic, not too sure about the new Boards look but I am liking some of the new emojis 💩

Anyway while we refueled on the adult beverages and waited for the rest of the gang we were awarded with a table down by the water! Eventually that resulted in this picture from my first (re) post:

IMG_1681.JPG

But prior to this there were hugs all around as those of us who had not yet met, did! Two ladies I met for the first time at this point but who had left before this picture was taken were Jackie @missjackiemcg and Ariana @Pluto0809 :

jackie.jpg

Hi guys! It was so great to finally meet so many DIS'ers for the first time at this point like these gals and @Lesley Wake, @fallonkendra and her DH Luke and @LindseyJo22 and @ArielSRL, whom I've been "talking" to longer than most on the boards :) We hung out and drank

IMG_1679.JPG

(more classy pictures guys) and Fallon gave us some gifts aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way from Canada in the form of LOTS of chocolate!

IMG_1682.JPG

This was one of my favorites as my grandparents used to always have them around and I don't see them anymore. FYI I checked Amazon when I got home and I can have them shipped - from Canada - but no place local to me carries them! So I'll be placing an order with Fallon soon lol

Speaking of gifts, those of you reading multiple EPIC reports probably know this already but the ears Jackie is wearing were made for all of us by the super sweet @Chrystmasangel who also made us the cutest pot holder; I'm going to take a picture and post it in my next update as it's currently hanging on my fridge. And of course our EPIC Trip buttons you can see if my sideways picture of Kari were designed by @chunkymonkey's sister and brought to us by our own Billie @Elevationist . We were all certainly feeling the love with the gifts!

Looks like a fun night!
You can’t get Oh Henry in the US? I didn’t realize that. I’m actually in Houston right now for a conference. One thing I already plan to do is pick up some chocolate :-) I love Hershey Drops, they used to have them at home but stopped. I brought 4 bags back from Orlando.

Hi there everyone! Hope you all had a nice holiday weekend. The kids had SIX days off as their unused snow days were tacked on to their regular Memorial Day break
Wow! That's a thing? That's kind of nice and totally would have been enough time for a quick WDW trip!

We only decided on BMG 3 days prior and before getting those tickets Steve was trying to get us to Disney for the holiday weekend......yup totally last minute, but airfare stopped that.
Boo 👎

it didn't stop was us booking a 4 night trip for the 2 of us for September! That will be trip #5 of 7 this year for me :Pinkbounc and we'll be at the G-Flo for the 2nd time.
I'm so excited for you, but also super jealous 😭

We were relaxin' and a chillin'

IMG_1666.JPG

Just call this my attempt at an artsy pictures since I can't seem to flip it :headache:
:rotfl:

we were counting down the minutes until this lady Ubered into our group:

IMG_1660 (2).JPG

I believe that's called, "fashionably late." ::yes::

not too sure about the new Boards look but I am liking some of the new emojis 💩
Me too!

And I actually kind of like the new boards, I was able to multi-quote on Jenny's report from my phone yesterday.

Anyway while we refueled on the adult beverages and waited for the rest of the gang we were awarded with a table down by the water! Eventually that resulted in this picture from my first (re) post:

IMG_1681.JPG

Such a great night :love:

much missed Artist Point Mushroom Bisque

:love: I ADORE this soup!

You guys should have seen the poor GP CM's face when she asked "how many" and I said "table for......30?" I thought she was going to tell me to have a Disney day

:rotfl2:

This is hysterical! I'm sure it's rare to have such a large group - but they certainly rewarded you with a great spot! It looks like SO much fun! What a great group picture!

Slightly off topic, not too sure about the new Boards look but I am liking some of the new emojis 💩

This. I completely agree! I'm not always a fan of change... but so many fun smilies/emojis! 😇💋🧦🐵🥑

We were all certainly feeling the love with the gifts!

Wow! I've heard some folks mention the gifts, but how amazing that people created (and then packed!) that many gifts! What a wonderful group of people.

Finally made it here and am all caught up! Somehow I ended up over 10 pages behind again!

Two ladies I met for the first time at this point but who had left before this picture was taken were Jackie @missjackiemcg and Ariana @Pluto0809 :

It was so great meeting you too! You were one of the DISer that I felt I didn't get enough time to chat with. There were just so many of us and just not enough time to get to know everyone. Hopefully our paths will cross again in the future. Jackie and I felt bad leaving so early that night but we got up that morning to do EMH at MK and were dragging at that point. Plus we had to do the boat/bus thing to get back to POP and knew it would take a while.

. The kids had SIX days off as their unused snow days were tacked on to their regular Memorial Day break
What!!!! no no no! I don't know what we would do if our school did that! That's a whole week of school!!!

.yup totally last minute, but airfare stopped that.
Stupid Airfare.

IMG_1666.JPG

Just call this my attempt at an artsy pictures since I can't seem to flip it :headache:
It's like you already drank too much!

Me and DH will be in Disney the same time as you in September! We're there 9/9-9/17! Maybe we'll see you guys around! Always fun to add more trips into the mix :thumbsup2

That sounds like such a fun night! I definitely plan on DH and I having dinner in the territory lounge when we stay at Boulder Ridge in December! I need me some mushroom bisque soup!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!