Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

I came to catch up so I looked up my last post... and it's Post #16 :scared1:

tenor.gif

FYI, every night there were 2 chocolates on the master bed and another 2 in the other bedroom, so I brought home a nice little baggie of free chocolates :thumbsup2
You have more restraint than us. Ours would maybe make it to the plane ride home...
Do you see the hamper?? A hamper! When we travel with the boys I bring a couple $ store pop up hampers. I didn't bring one this trip but I most certainly used this hamper!
omg I would probably forget my stuff in there! lol

In other homefront news, my stepson Eric's girlfriend asked if I'd babysit our grandson (due in July!) when she goes back to work!! It'll only be for a few hours 4 days a week so it won't cramp my extremely busy social calendar :rolleyes: and of course I'm over the moon about that! She did just start a new job this week so fingers crossed she keeps it so I can actually babysit..............
That's exciting! Hope it works out! :goodvibes

Your last day sounds like it was a good one. Sad to have to leave that suite. I love those pics of 7DMT that Steve got! My DH doesn't like when I have my phone out trying to video on the coasters :rotfl2:

Procrastinating doing real work... :rolleyes1
You did! AND, I've been meaning to message you for it but I keep forgetting! Well send it to me now and I'll forward the pics. Which will eventually end up in this TR :D
Aaaaand I never did this either, so now I'll just steal it from your TR lol
Perfection on all points! I mentioned this earlier in my report but the "tiny egg noodles" in the stroganoff are spaetzle which is awesome. They were cooked perfectly, the sauce is heaven, the meat is tender.
This is so good!
I wasn't with him when he got this; he told me he thought it was a beer and wasn't happy when he saw it was wine since he doesn't drink red wine :confused3 Yes I know you don't drink red wine, but what in the description made you think it was beer??? OK then.
:rotfl: This is something Zack would do
Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas
Yummmmm. Zack disagrees.
Do you see the sweat beading up and shining off Steve's forehead :rotfl2:You can actually see it on my face too but it's funnier on his. I swear to heaven it was HOTTER THAN AUGUST!!!
OMG That week was so hot!!
The bread was for me and unfortunately I was disappointed. I had high hopes because cheese + bread, but it was basically a puffy airy bread thing with a very faint taste of cheese. Like, if you were eating a bad meal and needed to fill up in bread it would be ok, but that's it.
Zack forgot that he tried this last year and didn't like it, so I got to watch him chew and make a face after about 10 seconds... again.
For those of you who've read a few of my TR's, you may remember that I have pretty good luck with a certain something that sometimes happens on the side of the American pavilion sometimes. This normally happens right around 2:20'ish, and today I felt like trying my luck! We'd had great luck so far this trip so, why not? Steve thought I was silly but he humored me and we sat outside Liberty Inn, and about 5 minutes later guess what happened?
I think Zack thought I was lying when I tried to talk him into waiting because I did not have your luck.
Showcase Plaza: Wild Goose: Frozen Wild Berry Acai with Grey Goose Vodka
Oh I missed this, it sounds delicious!
I'm too lazy to go back to the beginning of this report but when we were being checked in, the club CM noticed I'd put "Grams" and "Gramps" on our MB's. He commented on it and I told him about Hayden being our first, etc. He was a grandfather and yes, he set this up. We saw him later in the trip and thanked him profusely!
Ha that's so neat that they sent that!
Can't really say day drinking since it was after 5pm; so let's call it
#bathroomdrinking
#tubchugging
or whatever you like, I'm open to suggestions since I have some very clever smarty-pants friends @pepperandchips and @kastoney
:rotfl: I like tub chugging. In NE we do driveway drinking :drinking1
Here's a better picture although I guess I have to admit the one above is more the norm for how I look:

img_8772-2-jpg.363468
This is a great picture!

I'll be going to MNSSHP again this year and I really hope they have cool pp shots again!

Me too! So fun!

It wasn't hard at all getting back to our resort; we hightailed it out of there and got on the monorail no problem. I took this on the way out; it gets posted in pretty much any MNSSHP review but I look up at it every time I go by during party season:

View attachment 385337

They do, but for good reason!!

And while that wasn't the end of our day, it was the end of our horse pile of pixie dust. And we were sad. We put our luggage out in the hallway and took one last, slow walk around the suite; made sure I'd taken every last toiletry and pair of GF slippers around, and shut the door.

My DH would have needed to buy an extra suitcase for all of the toiletries he would have swiped! lol so I don't blame you!

I know you all feel absolutely HORRIBLE for me that we only got to stay there for 4 nights lol, and it's always hard to leave your resort knowing a Disney trip is over; but this was like 100x harder!

I believe it! Dh and I felt the same way leaving the WL in July after getting Club Level all week. I doubt we'll ever be that lucky again so I totally get it!

I guess it helps that today we changed our New Years Eve stay from the WL to the Poly :cool1:

This seems like the only smart move for Disney at NYE! Between direct access to MK AND EPCOT? You can't go wrong. If I ever get there for NYE thats definitely where I am staying!

Mmm, didn't like it. I know it's popular and being sweet and fruity you'd think I'd like it, but it left a weird aftertaste. Oh well, there'll be plenty more :drinking1along the way!
I always feel like pineapple has a weird aftertaste lol
so we listened for a bit before going outside to wait for our Minnie Van because even though we were at a monorail resort, Steve's patience for monorail-transfer-monorail-arrive at Epcot which is where we were headed back to was non-existent. And honestly, given the amount of times he just calls up a Minnie Van, I think he's in love with them..........
I ruined Zack Labor Day weekend, he wants to uber everywhere down there now.
The photographer asked me what I said and I told her I said yes again, and then lots of guys younger than my stepsons were coming up to Steve telling him "good job, you'll be happy you finally did it" :rotfl: Oh honey, he's done it all right!
:rotfl:
This is so dang cute though, I love it! And loved seeing it again!
This was absolutely delicious! OMG I loved this and almost got another one but the line was crazy, it was nice and moist inside (I said moist :P) and the tomato aioli lent so much extra flavor! This booth hadn't been on our radar but we were pretty hungry walking in to WS and it happen to catch our eye, and I'm very glad it did!
This wasn't on our radar either but Zack decided spur of the moment. So good!
Can you say drool?? Can you say, Ariane wanted to eat this whole thing herself? This was so freakin' good - although I admit I haven't met a Disney cornbread I don't like. I also don't like jalepeno but in the cornbread, OMG. It was not overpowering; it gave the bread just enough heat to make it interesting. We were cutting this puppy up into slices that resembled birthday cake and didn't stop until there was hardly any left. The honey butter cut down a bit of the heat too in a good way.
Maybe this will help make up for them taking away the tater tot app we had at our wedding :sad:
I hate to cut off this update before our entrees but I only have room for one more picture, and this one needs to be shown! Our little peanut, Hayden Olivia :love: She'll be 6 months old on Christmas day and she's starting to be fun! She reaches for everything, plays with toys, laughs like crazy and when Grandpa is holding her she'll reach towards Grandma :goodvibes Mom and Dad are bringing her over early on Christmas Day so she can get settled in and comfy before our other millions of family members arrive and overwhelm her.
She is freakin' adorable!
Seriously I think this was my biggest disappointed of the trip, the fact that these guys didn't actually meet. Why have rare characters out if they can't meet? I'm ok with not doing autographs, but they barely stopped to take pictures. Br'er Rabbit not at all; Br'er Bear did stop like, for 2 seconds a couple times but at least once it was to hug and make nice with an off-duty fellow CM.
I don't get that either! I noticed that with some of the other party characters. Also, I would have liked to meet the stepsisters at our party (not that they're rare, but...) but we couldn't even find them since they were roaming. Also we waited for the Pooh characters and that was way longer than expected so I was done lol.
OK enough of that, now it was time to get a spot for my all-time favorite Disney parade! Yup, we had yet to really make it out of Frontierland and we weren't moving for the next hour. We were also hungry, and while I failed to get photographic evidence I held our parade spot in front of Pecos Bills while Steve got me a Mickey pretzel and himself some tacos from the aforementioned Pecos Bills.
This is our favorite parade now too! We did the same thing but I had to do the food run because... I broke Zack... :oops:

The kids get freaked out if we hold our cameras on the coasters but I always want to. I got a neat shot on top of one of the BTMRR hills once......once.
Morgan and Gwen always yell at me to put my phone away.

I'll get there some day but for now our spring break will be college visits and maybe a day trip somewhere.
Oh man, visiting colleges is serious business. I can't even imagine!

Not sure when we will be up your way, but hopefully soon!

we changed our New Years Eve stay from the WL to the Poly :cool1:

Great choice for New Years pixiedust:

my stepson Eric's girlfriend asked if I'd babysit our grandson (due in July!) when she goes back to work!!

That's great love watching the grandbabies :cloud9:

The kids get freaked out if we hold our cameras on the coasters but I always want to

I would love to take pictures while riding but Kathy is convinced I'll drop it and she's probably right :rolleyes1

Yay for another DIS meet :cheer2:

I had 2 glasses of a delicious sangria!!

Yum that looks so :drinking1refreshing

Always love your TR and looking forward to the next :hug:

Yes!!! Finally is right! What are the chances you'll be there for another August trip... :rolleyes1
Unfortunately very slim :( Ricky doesn't want to go anywhere over the summer because, knock on wood, he should be 100% cleared in July and plans to be working with the school varsity basketball team on all the summer stuff they do and he doesn't want to miss a minute; we totally understand. We're maybe considering a quick July 4th trip just the 2 of us but not sure yet since our grandson is due July 11th, not sure if we want to be away that close to her due date. But sadly no August this year.

ou know, I don't think I have ever stopped to listen to them for any length of time. I really should slow down to experience this kind of thing instead of running to a ride.
It's very hard to slow down, especially when you don't visit very often! But there are so many wonderful "small" things you get to experience when you do :) For your next trip you should pick at least one "stop and smell the roses" thing in each park to be sure to see.

When is your May trip?
May 2-6; will you be there???

Great report as usual!!!8-)
Thank you my friend!!

Even though we all love the WL, the Poly will be a great place to be for New Year's Eve. If you choose to stay at the resort then you will have a great view of the fireworks. :)
That's my thinking exactly. I plan to be in a park on NYE and possibly the 30th but I'm not sure, and it depends on how we actually react to the crazy crowds once we're there. This way we can see fireworks even if we can't handle all those people.

By the way, is Eric the one who went to Florida with you to meet a girlfriend?
Yes! However this is NOT the girl. This is a girl he met in September............:rolleyes: we're very excited to welcome another grandchild because, as you know, grandchildren are wonderful. And we're keeping our fingers crossed that everything else works out for the 3 of them.....

I came to catch up so I looked up my last post... and it's Post #16 :scared1:
:laughing: You're just a busy lady! But it's nice to see you back here :goodvibes

omg I would probably forget my stuff in there! lol
I think Steve checked the hamper about 5x lol because he assumed I would, too.

I love those pics of 7DMT that Steve got! My DH doesn't like when I have my phone out trying to video on the coasters :rotfl2:
That's what the kids are afraid of! And they're probably right that it would happen to me.......

Aaaaand I never did this either, so now I'll just steal it from your TR lol
Be My Guest :D

OMG That week was so hot!!
It was seriously worse than any of our August trips, I swear :scared: I think I'll take August over Sept. from now on!

In NE we do driveway drinking :drinking1
I'll take Driveway Drinking lol

My DH would have needed to buy an extra suitcase for all of the toiletries he would have swiped! lol so I don't blame you!
Someone commented on a thread on the resorts forum about taking the toiletries that this is why Disney is moving to those wall pumps and they're probably right lol

This seems like the only smart move for Disney at NYE! Between direct access to MK AND EPCOT? You can't go wrong. If I ever get there for NYE thats definitely where I am staying!
Yes! Poly was my first choice when we first booked but it wasn't available with my discount and WL was the best option. Glad we kept checking!

I ruined Zack Labor Day weekend, he wants to uber everywhere down there now.
Well now that they've upped the pricing on most Minnie Van trips Steve is a Lyft guy. I think we used Lyft 30x between our Jan and Feb trips! I don't mind at all, just miss the cute vans lol

Maybe this will help make up for them taking away the tater tot app we had at our wedding :sad:
Oh no! And listen to this, when I looked at the HOB menu about a month ago the cornbread wasn't there either :headache: Hopefully they did or do put it back!

Oh man, visiting colleges is serious business. I can't even imagine!
I'm looking forward to it but I think that's because I'm not thinking about what it actually means :sad1:

Great choice for New Years pixiedust:
I can't wait!!! I'm sad it's still 9 months away lol but at least I have 2 trips before then :goodvibes

Always love your TR and looking forward to the next :hug:
Aw :thanks: Tammy, I appreciate you always following along. I'm going to try finishing up my current dining report in less than 6 months and maybe I'll do a TR for our EPIC Girls trip!

Well now that they've upped the pricing on most Minnie Van trips Steve is a Lyft guy. I think we used Lyft 30x between our Jan and Feb trips! I don't mind at all, just miss the cute vans lol
Ha we were going to use one in Sept, because we were going to go from DHS to MK for After Hours. But then they went from the flat rate to distance based pricing and we ended up getting an Ohana ADR like I was hoping... so we at at 4pm-ish then just went to MK instead.
Oh no! And listen to this, when I looked at the HOB menu about a month ago the cornbread wasn't there either :headache: Hopefully they did or do put it back!
Nooooooooooooooo

I can't quote back on my phone but yes! My mom and I are flying in on 05/05. We are staying through the 10th. Did you say Kari will be there, too?

Last edited:
I hope they have it this year, I love this one! You're going to the party this year right?

I am!! With my kids on Sept 17th. Just bought my tix the other day.

I honestly cannot believe that after almost 6 months, I'm on my last update for our Sept. trip :sad1: While I'm proud of myself for finally finishing it was so awesome reliving our perfectly pixie dusted trip and I'm sad to leave that behind.

Sad to see it end- what a magical trip!

I guess it helps that today we changed our New Years Eve stay from the WL to the Poly :cool1: You all know WL is my favorite, and I can't wait to stay there in May AND Oct. However I think location wise being at the Poly will be a huge plus that time of year, and if either of the boys comes with us it's a new resort for them! Only 9.5 months to go for that one!!!!

Good move! I think it'll be nice to have a little variety as well.

In other homefront news, my stepson Eric's girlfriend asked if I'd babysit our grandson (due in July!) when she goes back to work!! It'll only be for a few hours 4 days a week so it won't cramp my extremely busy social calendar :rolleyes: and of course I'm over the moon about that! She did just start a new job this week so fingers crossed she keeps it so I can actually babysit..............

How exciting! I wish my grandbabies lived closer!

And then we were there! As soon as we walked in, these guys were gearing up to serenade us. This trip was the first time I've seen their fall costumes, earlier in the trip, and I was thrilled to hear them again:

I'm not sure I've ever seen those. Very sharp!

Nice vantage! Not a view you see everyday.

Our next FP was up and it was for BTMRR speak of the wild west, so we made our way there only to find out the ride.was.down. :headache:

D'oh!!
surprised to have TWO anytimes!! We realized that the one was our final Grand Sept. trip bit of pixiedust: a

WOOT!! You lucky duck!

Therefore, the PM was our final ride for the trip. Not a bad attraction to end on!

Not bad at all!! :lovestruc

I can't quote back on my phone but yes! My mom and I are flying in on 05/05. We are staying through the 10th. Did you say Kari will be there, too?
Cool! Yes, Kari @kastoney will be there too along with quite a few other DIS friends. I'm leaving early on the 6th but I think Kari will be there a little longer that day; are you going to be in a park on the 5th? Where are you staying?

I am!! With my kids on Sept 17th. Just bought my tix the other day.
I knew I'd read you were going with the kids!

Good move! I think it'll be nice to have a little variety as well.
Definitely, I don't think I'd ever get tired of the WL but I like to mix it up once in awhile :) And it's absolutely a great location for NYE!

How exciting! I wish my grandbabies lived closer!
We are lucky that our granddaughter is around the corner! Our grandson will be about 30 minutes away to start but they're hoping to move closer early next year. Eric's mom and his gf's mom are both close to us so it would be easier and more convenient.

I am just caught up...what a FANTASTIC pixie dusted trip!
Let's hope for Pixie Dust in May just so we all have a nice suite to crash in...in our group of 30, SOMEONE has to get a nice upgrade, right? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Unfortunately very slim :(
Bummer for me! But I completely understand, Ricky definitely has earned his right to make his summer all about basketball :goodvibes I know what you mean about due dates, though! My sister is due in mid-June... which would be the perfect time for me to head to Disney sooner than August... ;) :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!